• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ultimate Gods should get petrification and light manipulation via transmuting Hypnos into a statue and the process being described as shining light into him:

"For they deny that I sold the last of my statuary, and point with ecstasy at the thing which the shining shaft of light left cold, petrified, and unvocal. It is all that remains of my friend; the friend who led me on to madness and wreckage; a godlike head of such marble as only old Hellas could yield, young with the youth that is outside time, and with beauteous bearded face, curved, smiling lips, Olympian brow, and dense locks waving and poppy-crowned. They say that that haunting memory-face is modelled from my own, as it was at twenty-five, but upon the marble base is carven a single name in the letters of Attica—’ΥΠΝΟΣ."

Yog Sothoth should also get Light manipulation by being described as light and Higher Dimensional manipulation, this light was described as coming from all sorts of contradictory directions and also described as "hexagonal".

All Ultimate Gods should also get immortality type 1, they existed before time itself.

Now, all Ultimate gods should also get some resistances, they are described as mindless and soulless beings, this should give them resistance to mind and soul manipulation.
NightGaunts also also described as soulless so they should get soul resistance as well.

Last edited:
Ultimate Gods should get petrification and light manipulation via transmuting Hypnos into a statue and the process being described as shining light into him:

"For they deny that I sold the last of my statuary, and point with ecstasy at the thing which the shining shaft of light left cold, petrified, and unvocal. It is all that remains of my friend; the friend who led me on to madness and wreckage; a godlike head of such marble as only old Hellas could yield, young with the youth that is outside time, and with beauteous bearded face, curved, smiling lips, Olympian brow, and dense locks waving and poppy-crowned. They say that that haunting memory-face is modelled from my own, as it was at twenty-five, but upon the marble base is carven a single name in the letters of Attica—’ΥΠΝΟΣ."
This is fine.
Yog Sothoth should also get Light manipulation by being described as light and Higher Dimensional manipulation, this light was described as coming from all sorts of contradictory directions and also described as "hexagonal".
I'm fine with light manipulation but I'm not knowledgeable enough on Higher Dimensional Manipulation to say if it's okay or not.
All Ultimate Gods should also get immortality type 1, they existed before time itself.

Now, all Ultimate gods should also get some resistances, they are described as mindless and soulless beings, this should give them resistance to mind and soul manipulation.
NightGaunts also also described as soulless so they should get soul resistance as well.
I don't know the verse, are there scans for these?

I forgot to add Law Manipulation to the Ultimate Gods, Yog Sothoth, Nyarlathotep, Azathoth and Shub Niggorath:

"They danced insanely to the high, thin whining
Of a cracked flute clutched in a monstrous paw,
Whence flow the aimless waves whose chance combining
Gives each frail cosmos its eternal law.
“I am His Messenger,” the daemon said,
As in contempt he struck his Master’s head."

I didn't bother with the first one, i thought it's pretty self-explanatory.
How is it self explanatory to someone who doesn't know the verse/characters? Unless already mentioned on their profiles which aren't linked, so I'd really wouldn't know. Regardless, I checked their profile, I guess Immortality Type 1 is fine.
I forgot to add Law Manipulation to the Ultimate Gods, Yog Sothoth, Nyarlathotep, Azathoth and Shub Niggorath:

These look fine.

How is it self explanatory to someone who doesn't know the verse/characters? Unless already mentioned on their profiles which aren't linked, so I'd really wouldn't know. Regardless, I checked their profile, I guess Immortality Type 1 is fine.
Sorry my bad.

Looks good. Though, the fact that they have Nonexistent Physiology kinda covers the mind/soul stuff I think.

Petrification seems fine. Could you elaborate on the light manipulation? Given the poetic prose, it's not clear whether it is saying the shining shaft of light literally petrified the man, or if it merely exposed the fact that he was petrified. A link to the section of the story in which this occurs would be most helpful.

Is the 'light' in question unequivocally Yog-Sothoth? Both Light Manipulation and Higher-Dimensional Manipulation seem fine either way, but this could affect the exact justification.

I'd be surprised if they didn't, but I do need a source for this.

From the sources you've sent, Immunity to Mind Manipulation would be valid, as they are described as not having a mind. Where are they described as not having a soul, however?

The use of the word 'law' here is unclear. What is the 'eternal law' of each cosmos?

Back