• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Naruto dodged Light Fang Calc(FTL 2.11 C)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next person who mentions one piece, M3X or shows blatant unjustified bias is getting reported for derailment and inciting flame war shit
Agree, I will be patient for longer, if he doesn't come in the next 1 week I will come back here.

Whoever suggested the calc be removed is making a horrible suggestion, as not a single Calc Group Member has approved the removal of the calc, and thus you can't just go and make such an executive decision.
But can you explain my question in this thread?

Hello KLOL, you seem to have evaluated this calc, could you explain my question? Sorry, I know you don't handle HST, but considering you are one of the cgm who received this calc, I ask you to explain.
Explain what, exactly?

Explain what, exactly?
1) Why does the Staff in steps 1 & 2 have the same Pixel values, but have different Meter values?

2) Where do these two values come from? from the pixel scale? The first step suddenly displays staff size = 2.14 Cm(that small, really?), without including where the value came from.

1) Why does the Staff in steps 1 & 2 have the same Pixel values, but have different Meter values?

2) Where do these two values come from? from the pixel scale? The first step suddenly displays staff size = 2.14 Cm(that small, really?), without including where the value came from.
My Opinion :
1) Possibility of the value in the first step 0.0214 m is a Typo from Naruto's face, which is 0.214 m, so similar it's just a typo maybe by entering one more value 0, and also a 2 cm wide staff doesn't make sense it's too small.

The correct Staff value is 0.04882694663m, if you don't believe me just try with a consistent panel/image with Pixel Scale, I've checked this dozens of times.

2. Where does the value come from? again, it's likely from a Typo, or even Calcer doesn't know where the value came from.

=================================

2atan(tan(35deg) * [64.25/518] = 9.9273739784 degrees

Distance: 0.1232m

This is where the problem starts, the degree calculation is fine, but when entering into the Angular Size calculator, M3X use the value 0.0214m (wrong value), what if we enter the correct value (0.04882694663m) ? it will prove the panel as well as calculations with PoV is inconsisten, plug it into the Angular Size calculator and get 0.2811 m. But pay attention to the location of the inconsistency of this panel, the distance between the PoV and the staff (0.2811m) is farther than the distance between the PoV and Naruto's face (0.27295m), 0.2811m > 0.27295m, Calc with PoV method/PoV panel is inconsiten.

"But if 0.0214m is used it will be consistent", NO, the value is not even clear and if you pixel scale Staff accurately like my Calc, the result is unlikely to be 0.0214m it will be around 0.04882694663m.

This My Naruto dodge light fang Calc :

Last edited:
My Opinion :
1) Possibility of the value in the first step 0.0214 m is a Typo from Naruto's face, which is 0.214 m, so similar it's just a typo maybe by entering one more value 0, and also a 2 cm wide staff doesn't make sense it's too small.

The correct Staff value is 0.04882694663m, if you don't believe me just try with a consistent panel/image with Pixel Scale, I've checked this dozens of times.

2. Where does the value come from? again, it's likely from a Typo, or even Calcer doesn't know where the value came from.

=================================

2atan(tan(35deg) * [64.25/518] = 9.9273739784 degrees

Distance: 0.1232m

This is where the problem starts, the degree calculation is fine, but when entering into the Angular Size calculator, M3X use the value 0.0214m (wrong value), what if we enter the correct value (0.04882694663m) ? it will prove the panel as well as calculations with PoV is inconsisten, plug it into the Angular Size calculator and get 0.2811 m. But pay attention to the location of the inconsistency of this panel, the distance between the PoV and the staff (0.2811m) is farther than the distance between the PoV and Naruto's face (0.27295m), 0.2811m > 0.27295m, Calc with PoV method/PoV panel is inconsiten.

"But if 0.0214m is used it will be consistent", NO, the value is not even clear and if you pixel scale Staff accurately like my Calc, the result is unlikely to be 0.0214m it will be around 0.04882694663m.

This My Naruto dodge light fang Calc :
I agree, the frame used falls into the unquantifiable frame.

There is not only one way to do the calculation, we can do it another way, like your calculation.

No low ball I'm using, it's the best and safest method (not exaggerating tho), the values fetched are obvious where they came from.

Besides that, in this community I don't care if my calculations are considered right or wrong, I will still use my own Calc, I just need an answer regarding a Calc 2.11 C problem.
alright then, i'll just agree, nothing wrong in your calc though.

The angsizing part why use 2.14cm KLOL?
No idea, that you'll have to ask M3X yourself.

I originally suggested better values that'd get better speed values using the same scenes he used without too much fiddling with Pythagoras but eh. I don't care enough about Naruto to give a ****.

KLOL, I feel you evaluated the calculation for some other reasons right now honey
I actually did the math myself doing the pixel-scaling myself when he asked me to that day, for the most part it checked out, NGL tho, I still wanted him to use my pixel-scaling instead to save us the trouble because it'd be cleaner and would require less complicated steps but eh, doesn't matter anymore

I actually did the math myself doing the pixel-scaling myself when he asked me to that day, for the most part it checked out, NGL tho, I still wanted him to use my pixel-scaling instead to save us the trouble because it'd be cleaner and would require less complicated steps but eh, doesn't matter anymore
Is it a different calc than the one proposed as replacement in the thread? If so you could present it the more calcs the better right?

Is it a different calc than the one proposed as replacement in the thread? If so you could present it the more calcs the better right?
Nope, same calc, just a little bit of different pixel-scaling and not needing Pythagoras. The angle deviation isn't as extreme as I thought it'd be.

Nope, same calc, just a little bit of different pixel-scaling and not needing Pythagoras. The angle deviation isn't as extreme as I thought it'd be.
Isnt that basically a different calc? Or do you mean the value is the same?
I mean you say it has different steps and different math so this should count as a different calc right?

He said he used a different pixel scaling method, I assume. Not different steps.

Isnt that basically a different calc? Or do you mean the value is the same?
Slight variation but yeah, same ballpark.

I mean you say it has different steps and different math so this should count as a different calc right?
I wouldn't say so, it's the same feat. But I've no desire to do so. My abstinence to the HST should be made very clear at this point.

All I'll give hint to is to calculate the distance from the moment where the light beam hits the staff, and calculate Naruto's distance moved from the top of his head to the bottom right corner.

@Mussdit, Hey bro, about the userblog calculation that you had given from the thread. Is there any reason why you using the Naruto Body Height to measure the distance his head into the staff? you could use the Width of the staff though.

And better using the Manga version
009-625.png

On this one, you could just measure the width of the staff, and then pixel the distance naruto head into the staff.

@Mussdit, Hey bro, about the userblog calculation that you had given from the thread. Is there any reason why you using the Naruto Body Height to measure the distance his head into the staff? you could use the Width of the staff though.

009-625.png

On this one, you could just measure the width of the staff, and then pixel the distance naruto head into the staff.
Because it is best to calculate the dodge the moment it happens. This distance would be terrible to measure the actual beam-to-Naruto distance when the Beam isn't there to begin with.

009-625.png

Use width of the staff not better.

Btw whose calculation do u mean? in this thread there are only my & M3X calculations right?

why is it not better?

yes, i was talking about your calc.
I will give a simple explanation, one of which is if you use Naruto's height you only need one step, whereas if you use a staff width it requires two steps, because you need to find the exact width of the staff with Naruto's height. The more steps (which are not as important, as the width of the staff) in the calculation allows Calc to be inaccurate.

Alright I will close this thread, the reason is because m3x will not be present here, I and maybe some people are very disappointed with m3x, just answering simple questions cannot, answer in other threads can.

conclusion, calc m3x for now problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back