• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean the difference is Garou knows the flow of all energy in the universe, so I think he could copy.
Garou has yet to show that he's able to copy anything in tier 2, yet alone anything on Molecule Man's level.

And Sentry's powers are definitely not part of "the flow of things in the universe". A lot of Garou's abilities are still based upon real science

I mean the difference is Garou knows the flow of all energy in the universe, so I think he could copy.
I think you misunderstand from where and whom that statement comes from. It comes from Molecule Man who has complete mastery over everything in the marvel multiverse. In a way, molecules make up everything - and Owen can control it all. But Sentry's physiology and power was alien to him. He couldn't understand it.

And that's nothing new - no one, not even magicians (like Strange) and tier 1 level super geniuses in marvel have been able to even grasp his power or physiology.

His physiology and power is unique in every sense.

Very big numbers
math-confuse.gif

ok but garou has very big numbers as well, which is why I still have to ask what level of radiation sentry has resisted
Bro there are no numbers. Where am I supposed to get numbers from? But yeah, surviving in suns core for years. That seems big enough lol

ok but this still means nothing to me without numbers. I have no idea how much radiation the sun gives off in a year, and especially considering the fact that due to the size of the sun he'd only be absorbing a miniscule amount from it, so there's more than just "he can take the radiation of the sun" when that doesn't mean anything without numbers

I'm not convinced you read what I just typed
sigh
If you manage to find how much radiation Sun has at it's core we can start spitballing some numbers around by taking time and surface area as factors for absorption.
I tried finding it myself , but I ain't motivated to dig around and search for it beyond a surface glance.
I'd like to know that too, actually
If no one knows any numbers whatsoever then we go to neutral ground and look at other options for Garou to win match.

sigh
If you manage to find how much radiation Sun has at it's core we can start spitballing some numbers around by taking time and surface area as factors for absorption.
I tried finding it myself , but I ain't motivated to dig around and search for it beyond a surface glance.

If no one knows any numbers whatsoever then we go to neutral ground and look at other options for Garou to win match.
uh know, I think we should rather use this opportunity to have calcs for their radiation and resistance on the profile, rather than avoiding this important potential wincon entirely
would also be convenient for future garou or sentry match usage

If only we had a calc guy around at this moment. But in meantime there's no need to pause the match over it. The discussion can move beyond radiation to more fruitful alternatives.

Astronauts in the ISS are only exposed to about 50 to 2,000 msv during their time in space. To cause immediate hair loss and blood vomiting the level would have to be about 10,000 msv with death being almost inevitable within weeks. If exposure causes victims to fall asleep aka coma, such as what Garou did and if we low-balled the S-class being in Garou's presence to be over 3 minutes from the time he arrived, they would've been exposed to about 60,000 to 70,000 msv. Even being exposed to the Chernobyl reactor core for 10 minutes after the meltdown only reaches 50,000 msv. If the S-class were in Garou's presence between 2 min to a couple of seconds then exposure would be about 80,000 to 100,000 msv.

Keep in mind time and amount of exposure factor into these numbers. Like being exposed to 2,000 msv over an hour is worse than being exposed to 2,000 msv over a year.
  • Being on a plane: 0.001 mSv a hour
  • Natural background radiation someone from the US will receive: 0.1 mSv a year
  • A chest X-Ray: 1.2 mSv
  • The US limit for Nuclear Workers: 50 mSv a year
  • The radiation that Chernobyl Recovery workers were it by: 170 mSv
  • Unshielded radiation levels in space: 400-900 mSv a year
  • 800 rads (8 grays) for consistently fatal ranges of radiation death within 7-28 days even with top medical care = 8,000 mSv
  • 1,000 rads (Confirmed threshold for acute radiation syndrome) = 10,000 mSv
  • Radiation received by people when Chernobyl went critical: 16,000 mSv
  • >3,000 rads (30 grays) range where the person usually dies within 24-48 hours due to radiation exposure and organ failure = 30,000 mSv
  • 5,000 rads (50 gray) range where the nervous system shuts down due to radiation damaging how bio-electricity moves through your body = 50,000 mSv
So basically being in outer space is about 4,000 times the radiation levels of a standard human. Being given a lethal dose of radiation within minutes would indicate about 40 to 125 times that radiation output (well maybe not since unshielded radiation is per year while that level of radiation was only a couple minutes/seconds of exposure).
The numbers for Garou's passive radiation from another thread.

His Gamma Ray Burst itself is 8.36x10ᴵᴼ Gy (83600000000000 mSv)

The nuclear fission attacks were never calced afaik, but they should be somewhere above nuke level, specially the bigger ones like
Qgb9DZv.png

gND6tmf.png

Our hero.....😭
Ok now
Sun converts 3.7*10^38 protons(hydrogen atom) to helium releasing 3.86*10^26 joule/sec//// average human male takes about 90000 cm3 of volume
suns cores density is 150g/cm3 = 10^26 particles 90000*10^26=9*10^30 particles would be hitting the sentry per sec
sun's core power is 276.5 watt/m3 which is low af lmao
1m3=1million cm3 276.5/1000000*90000=24.885 watt/cm3 is hitting sentry /mSV=0.001Sv SV=j/kg
24.885*0.150=3.73275 j/kg so about 3732.75 mSV its kinda so not much but the point of being in the core isnt resisting radiation anyway its resisting 260billion atms and 15millions degrees anyway so he doesnt actually resist the radiation but HIGH regen just takes care of it any molecule that gets destoyed but just gets regened.
yeah it kinda took me long
Conclusion he resist about 3732.75 mSV and 260billion atm +15million degrees
Would he still be good against garou? ABSOLUTELY that high regen still makes it useless

That's way less than i expected radiation wise, but considering he dipped in it for 3 years with no real effects then it should probably be enough to resist the passive rad long enough to use his wincons at least.
But yeah, Garou has 0 wincons here even if it worked.

That's way less than i expected radiation wise, but considering he dipped in it for 3 years with no real effects then it should probably be enough to resist the passive rad long enough to use his wincons at least.
But yeah, Garou has 0 wincons here even if it worked.
yeah the fact that suns core power/area(m3) is being about energetic as a lizard metabolism is kinda funny XD

Last edited:
I mean even though Garou's radiation is superior to Sentry's resistance unless it literally deconstructs him into non-existence it doesn't matter lel.

Rounding off to 3800mSV per second ..... for years....
Taking 3 as a lowball since I can't seem to find a number in profile.
3x365x24x3600 seconds x 3800 =
3.595~ x 10¹¹ 🤔. So Sentry resists?

Anyways besides that there's Sentry tanking multiple nuclear blasts to face and surving in gamma lava.....

So I don't think radiation is a problem. There also energy absorption. Sentry can just absorb incoming radiation and call it a day.💀

w

Anyways besides that there's Sentry tanking multiple nuclear blasts to face and surving in gamma lava.....

So I don't think radiation is a problem. There also energy absorption. Sentry can just absorb incoming radiation and call it a day.💀
what i dont get is how sentry dont resist matter manipulation like did molecule man not used any power on him ?
cause If he resist high regen wouldnt be needed at all

Last edited:

oh that too well average nuke has 56420 joule/m3 energy density which is 204 times the suns so it gives him 761481mSV rad resistance which basically makes him immune to garou's radiation aura (not that it matters LOL)

I agree garou loses, but I think we should consider radiation as a factor in the fight since it would at least affect his stamina

What's Garou's wincon here? It seems radiation is resisted, and matter fuckery seems to be resisted as well, so I don't really see how he can bypass High regen.

Garou can pull a Blast, and seal Sentry inside two portals. He needs interdimensional range to escape that

Back