• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Snake hunts a Lion (Lion El'Jonson vs Solid Snake)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
Yes.

*Physical peak Snake and 42 millenium Lion are used.
*Fight takes place in a indestructable castle with a unknown layout to both.
*Snake starts outside of the castle but has to enter it, the Lion starts inside the castle and is not allowed to leave.
*Both have complete access to their entire arsenal (But no silly shenanigans such as "technically The Rock can be considered part of the Lions arsenal therefor" no)
*Both have basic information about each other (Snake knows that the Lion has dangerous weapons and is a master warrior and the Lion knows that Snake is a master infiltrator with a ton of gadgets at his disposal)
*Speed is equalized
*Win by kill or incapacitation

I might be missing something but it really doesn’t seem like Snake can do anything here. The only thing he has that Lion doesn’t resist is fear manip (which surprises me that Warp shenanigans apparently don’t do that). Everything else doesn’t work or gets slapped back by Emperor’s Shield. Both are stealth lords and very perceptive but Lion’s MFTL+ perception is always gonna be a thing even with speed equal so he gets a huge advantage there and Forestwalk/perception manip is a crazy good advantage for getting the drop on his opp. A single graze of anything is killing Snake and Lion just showed that he could beat Angron who was gonna kill him with a hit if he didn’t deflect the strikes properly.

Lion sees everything Snake does in slowmo, reflects everything with Emp’s Shield and just Forestwalks behind him to shank with Fealty? And this is just if Snake’s willpower stops him from falling to his knees in tears at the sight of Charles Dance.

Snake has a slight AP advantage and his 8-A Weaponry oneshots the Lion if it connects. The perception speed and shield is fair though, I do consider restricting them and just make the match unaddable.

Or make speed unequal and have Snake Speedblitz the lion

The physical advantage doesn’t really matter much here because of disruption field and Primarch mind/body/soul attacks so even if Snake is landing hits with his fists, he won’t put down Lion before Fealty does it’s job. 8-A weapons could be good but I’d assume the Emperor’s Shield has that sorted. If it can’t deflect them, it must just as trash as it is on the tabletop lmao. It’s either that or Lion nopes out of the way to Mirror Caliburn with his dimensional travel.

Stomp either way it is then.

There is a huge argument untouched my friend. You know it. I know it. We all feel it in our bones.

SKILL DEBATE.

I mean... people on the level of Kha Bandha and Skarbrand like Lion El'johnson have arguments to be made to have SUPERGENIUS COMBAT SKILL

When Skarbrand can land a hit on the guy who is the embodiment of combat across infinite universes, yeah.

Not even getting to the like 500000 army solos Primarchs below Johnson have for skill feats that Snake just straight up cannot keep up with

Seriously, your only chance is Pre-Heresy Lorgar or Alpharius. Ya know, the primarchs who are ass at fighting compared to the rest. And even then they got army solos

When Skarbrand can land a hit on the guy who is the embodiment of combat across infinite universes, yeah.

Not even getting to the like 500000 army solos Primarchs below Johnson have for skill feats that Snake just straight up cannot keep up with
Reaper, we both know that 40k has far better stuff than that. We both know that MG has better stuff than that.

Reaper, we both know that 40k has far better stuff than that. We both know that MG has better stuff than that.
Name the Infinite combat information BS that MG has. I will wait. Countless number soloing is consistent for 40K with Daemons... the things that throw billions of numbers at any given problem like it's no big deal. show me a feat in MG that comes close to that, I will wait.

If this wasn't Lion El'******'johnson of all Primarchs, and was instead like, Alpharius, Snake might have a chance. But this is Lion El'johnson. So Snake gets skillfucked so hard his verse is deleted.

And of course, I will wait for you to show me Solid Snake pulling an army solo... by using only melee weapons and not using stealth.

Name the Infinite combat information BS that MG has. I will wait. Countless number soloing is consistent for 40K with Daemons... the things that throw billions of numbers at any given problem like it's no big deal. show me a feat in MG that comes close to that, I will wait.
Dont know that infinite combat information is supposed to mean. Being "The embodiment of combat" is a vague ass feat and you know that. Write what it actually entails.

Im no MG head, so I woudnt be able to tell you pinpoint feats, but I reckon there are better feats outthere than just "soloing armies"

Also no idea why youre being so aggressive all of the sudden. Everything alright?

Honestly though, I would have loved a Raiden matchup more, but the good key is way too high for Lion...

Dont know that infinite combat information is supposed to mean. Being "The embodiment of combat" is a vague ass feat and you know that. Write what it actually entails.
As in if someone scales to Skarbrand in skill they have a likely supergenius combat intelligence. And the only reason this works is due to how the materium works, etc etc Cosmology shit.
Im no MG head, so I woudnt be able to tell you pinpoint feats, but I reckon there are better feats outthere than just "soloing armies"
For Snake-tiers, their skill lays in being like 5 skill-***** above a martial art that ***** other martial arts, and incredible stealth. Army solos at this tier come from infiltration and assassination, not ditching the guns and walking in and out of the army.
Also no idea why youre being so aggressive all of the sudden. Everything alright?
I'm usually aggressive with Matches that I do not see the vision on, like this ain't even thematic throwing Snake at a Primarch(I'd see the vision if you used Konrad Curze) this is just forgetting why the usual assumption for Warhammer Matches is "The Warhammer guy has the skill advantage"

Also ya didn't think to use someone from the Assassinorum? Like forgetting the profile for them isn't updated, all four assassins have dura neg of some description, and while throwing Snake at a Culexus is a terrible idea, the other three could work as long as Snake like, knows that, say, the Vindicare would outsnipe and outgun everyone in his verse a billion times over and if he spotted he can kiss his head goodbye.

I've also got a lot on my plate so that might be contributing to any foul moods

Back