• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(WR3M2) 8-B Shooters Tournament: Solid Snake VS The Smith Syndicate

Cool, sucks to be him, that's their default abilities, no advantages was given to them

Cool, sucks to be him, that's their default abilities, no advantages was given to them
They don't need advantages

And is literaly a change of costume sinse It can't stelth

After all is almost like putting a fish to fight a duck, but the battle is outside water, at least let the fish walk

They don't need advantages

And is literaly a change of costume sinse It can't stelth

After all is almost like putting a fish to fight a duck, but the battle is outside water, at least let the fish walk
????? Snake has a perfectly fair shot here mate, I don't even know if the Smiths win

What can Snake really do here tho? His stealth is useless and he's fighting 7 dudes with varying powersets and comparable skill

What can Snake really do here tho? His stealth is useless and he's fighting 7 dudes with varying powersets and comparable skill
Well Snake does have some wacky things like grenades that induce mental states of various degrees, including one that forces those effected to attack allies lethaly, before they lose consciousness, but idk 7 is a lot of dudes, like Snake could absolutely throttle 7 dudes, but these dudes even by themselves ain't exactly aint fodder.

Last edited:
Am commenting to follow this thread. But if you ask me, this... feels like either an incon FRA since it is near-impossible for me to figure out the outcome of this match as Snake and the Smiths have too many advantages that can screw over one or another. Or a Smiths FRA. Am personally leaning towards the former, but hold off in counting my vote for now. There might be an argument that can fix this deadlock.

It's not seven dudes at once btw, it's seven dudes in a row, only one can appear at a time, though they can freely transform into each other unless one is killed. That does mean the grenades that make them fight their friends won't be as useful tho

Meh, the Smiths upscale from people with comparable or arguably better feats, even if they don't inherit that I don't think it changes anything

Would Snakes CQC give him any advantage here or would this largely be a gun fight? I'm not familiar with the Smith syndicate

Typically they'd prefer long range combat with the possible exception of MASK who uses pro wrestling and relatively low range grenade launchers in combat. They're all fully capable of close range gunplay and melee counters but that's not their area of expertise.

I dunno, do we wanna have a debate about skill or like, just vote I guess? Again I can't really tell who's better at the drop of a hat but I would assume them to be roughly comparable, I think Snake edges out any one of them in versatility but obviously there are seven in a row of them and they counter most of his main gimmicks fairly well so... idk, draw your own conclusions.

I could probably make an argument for the Smiths, but it's close either way. Incon FRA

Seems like I also vote inconclusive FRA.

And here is our second inconclusive match, which means we play heads or tails (Heads=Snake, Tails=Smith Syndicate). Your winner is...

(Looks like I’m going to have to fight a champion now...)

As for Smith Syndicate, normally they would’ve dropped straight down, but then they’d be rematching Johnny Test. Since they already fought him and I don’t want any rematches to happen, Smith Syndicate will instead fight Mukuro, while Quincy fights Johnny.

(Looks like I’m going to have to fight a champion now...)

As for Smith Syndicate, normally they would’ve dropped straight down, but then they’d be rematching Johnny Test. Since they already fought him and I don’t want any rematches to happen, Smith Syndicate will instead fight Mukuro, while Quincy fights Johnny.
Quincy vs jhonny Will be interesting

Back