• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(WR3M2) 8-B Shooters Tournament: Solid Snake VS The Smith Syndicate

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hub

6 shooters remained. They could taste the feeling of escape by now, but they should really be thinking less of friendship and more of survival for themselves, because they are going to die anyways.

As the third winner’s round starts, the clone of Big Boss and slayer of the White Witch and the Ultimate Soldier, Solid Snake (nominated by @Popted2), fights the elite group of assassins and slayers of the firey haired kid with a turbo-charged backpack who is used as a lab rat and the Liar, the Smith Syndicate (nominated by @Armorchompy) in the battle between justice VS crime!

Rules stated in the tournament hub.

Who wins?

Solid Snake:

The Smith Syndicate:

Inconclusive: 7 (Popted2, Noneless21, XSOULOFCINDERX, FantaRin The First, JustANormalLemon, Armorchompy, Psychomaster35)

Last edited:
nah **** that nobody cares, the real discussion is who is the ateurest of game ateurs, hideo kojima or suda51

okay so, both Snake and Smith Syndicate are super skilled, i think Snake might possibly be slightly more skilled, but the real question is who has the best chances of winning?
yeah so like, go do that
Armorchompy as a supporter of both series can you describe their skill chains?
nah **** that nobody cares, the real discussion is who is the ateurest of game ateurs, hideo kojima or suda51
for me its Hideo, tough the only thing that i know about Suda is only No More Heroes, so i guess its really brilliant too

I couldn't really tell you who's more skilled at the drop of a hat, but before getting into that I'd like to address a couple of things that Snake can't do in this match, namely stealth is kinda useless here I think, the Smiths have precog that triggers when they're about to get attacked, enhances senses that I think are way better than what Snake's dealt with (they can hear flowers growing, however the **** that works, also Con has daredevil-like hearing), will probably get bloodlust-sensing ESP in a future CRT i make (feel free to discount this eh, since it's still not on the profiles), and can see through invisibility, so that's outta the question.

Smiths upscale a lot from baseline so probably a little lower but not too important

okay what is Snake equipment, standard and optional?
g̵i̵v̵e̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵h̵i̵m̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵i̵l̵l̵ ̵t̵e̵l̵l̵ ̵y̵o̵u̵ ̵b̵r̵o̵ 🤥

Ok so hear me out
d6hkqs3-7a532d7a-6ab1-4adf-b03b-f1f4cc0595ba.gif

isn't Snake resistant to precog?
Oh wait maybe? I forget if we treated that as just hyperbole from Mantis or something legit given psychics actually do have precog in MGS (Ursula for example literally tells Big Boss about Solid Snake and Liquid like 40 years before).

Weird, I thought it was agreed to be a possibly. Either way the Smiths' precog is probably instinct-based so I don't really think there's overlap here

okay since this is getting slow, guess i vote Snake, skill is good for both of them and SMith has a lot of powers, but Snake has good arsenal and his weapons will do GREAT damage to Smith thanks to the huge ap difference

I mean they both have piercing weaponry so I don’t think Snake’s AP is really gonna matter
except that Snake will do even more damage thanks to the huge ap advantage,

but i'll let Chariot and Armorchompy to say the last thing
g̵i̵v̵e̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵h̵i̵m̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵i̵l̵l̵ ̵t̵e̵l̵l̵ ̵y̵o̵u̵ ̵b̵r̵o̵ 🤥
I couldn't really tell you who's more skilled at the drop of a hat, but before getting into that I'd like to address a couple of things that Snake can't do in this match, namely stealth is kinda useless here I think, the Smiths have precog that triggers when they're about to get attacked, enhances senses that I think are way better than what Snake's dealt with (they can hear flowers growing, however the **** that works, also Con has daredevil-like hearing), will probably get bloodlust-sensing ESP in a future CRT i make (feel free to discount this eh, since it's still not on the profiles), and can see through invisibility, so that's outta the question.
guys do you wanna vote or give more input?

except that Snake will do even more damage thanks to the huge ap advantage,
Not really, in fact the Smiths have a particular property where sometimes bullets they land on a live enemy just completely deconstruct their hit limb (or head)

To a degree but he'd have to change into it, presumably he'll start with a more stealth-suited one.

Because that's what he usually wears? Metal Gear is "Tactical Espionage Action", not "Tactical Shoot People Action"

I really don't see why he should be given that benefit, even if he has access to all his equipment, doesn't mean he has prescient information on what to start with.

Back