• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
probably shouldn't close the thread in case anyone wants to give imput or if there are any future additions to the page that need to be reviewed.

Do we have feat calculations for water current flows? We may need one.

Nah we need one as some characters scale to real life water current flows.

Well there isn't a cutting category like bisecting someone is pretty common as in Bleach. But then you have to find ultimate tensile strength of bones and flesh (muscles, skin, etc). Same with slicing buildings but that's going to take a while.

Crzer07 said:
Well there isn't a cutting category like bisecting someone is pretty common as in Bleach. But then you have to find ultimate tensile strength of bones and flesh (muscles, skin, etc). Same with slicing buildings but that's going to take a while.
Technically half the blade thickness times the bisection area of the object is the theoretical volume of the object cut. Esp. if the object cut is destroyed on the bisection area.

I have tried it on Achilles.

I have now locked the references page, and uppdated the attack potency and durability pages with links to it.

Thank you very much to everybody who have helped out with this. It is very useful for the wiki going forward.

The problem I have with the wall punching is I dont thing the calc should take the whole surface area of the hand. The only part of the hand going through the wall is the knuckles and proximal phalanges.

KLOL506 said:
Also, why has this calc not yet been added to the Common Feats page despite it being accepted?
I am not sure. It might confuse people, given that we consider 8-C+ lightning to be MHS+. It is also best if DontTalkDT verifies that it is accurate.

Lina does explicitly say on that calc that the speed of electricity in air is not the same as the speed of lightning. So while that might be confusing, it could be cleared up with a short note.

Yes, but since it is important, I will ask DontTalkDT to take a look at it first.

I have done so.

Anyway, since this thread has almost reached the maximum of 500 posts, we preferably shouldn't waste them on discussions about vaporising cows and the like.

Antvasima said:
KLOL506 said:
Also, why has this calc not yet been added to the Common Feats page despite it being accepted?
I am not sure. It might confuse people, given that we consider 8-C+ lightning to be MHS+. It is also best if DontTalkDT verifies that it is accurate.
Pretty sure normal electricity and lightning are two very different things.

@Spino

That could be an idea, but only useful and important feats, not vaporising cows.

@KLOL

Yes, but most such feats exceed the energy of a regular lightning bolt, in which case we count them as MHS+.

That feat is only for the speed of normal electricity, not even related to Attack Potency or lightning in the least bit.

Like Agnaa said, a short note about this should be okay to add.

What about speed feats for reacting to and escaping electricity blasts?

We already calc'd the baseline of electricity speed as Mach 1.6 a while back. Speed of a lightning bolt is Massively Hypersonic+ yes.

Regarding the electricity thing: Does anyone know which video Lina used in that calc?

That aside, the question is if that is appropriate as baseline. Since the speed seems depended on characteristics of the electricity wouldn't we need the properties of the electricity in order to use the calc?

Is there a method of calcing vaporized/melted wood? The only values for wood available are fragmentation and pulverisation, and it is quite common for fiction to melt/vaporite trees or wooden structures.

Wood is highly flammable, so not sure how melting wood would work; but probably using a heat based substance not fire, lava, or plasma. Like maybe some kind of acid.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Wood is highly flammable, so not sure how melting wood would work; but probably using a heat based substance not fire, lava, or plasma. Like maybe some kind of acid.
That is more a chemical reaction or dissolution than pure melting.

I actually recently did a calc involving vaporizing wood. I just looked at the basic elements of wood and calc'd vaporization of that.

Right about here.

HOLY SHIT BAMBU THAT'S A PRETTY HIGH NUMBER IN AND OUT IF ITSELF.

@Bambu I'd instinctively think that vaporizing a compound doesn't require the same amount of energy as vaporizing each of those elements alone.

But you could double check this sort of thing by seeing if the energy for vaporizing water is the same as energy for vaporizing oxygen and hydrogen separately.

Agnaa said:
@Bambu I'd instinctively think that vaporizing a compound doesn't require the same amount of energy as vaporizing each of those elements alone.
But you could double check this sort of thing by seeing if the energy for vaporizing water is the same as energy for vaporizing oxygen and hydrogen separately.
I had the same misgiving, but I honestly just didn't have an alternative. One of the many rules of the internet is to do something rather than ask- if it's right, you're fine, if you did it wrong, people are many times more likely to correct you than answer a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back