• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Little Girl With a Paintbrush Fights the King of the Gods

I'm back to trying out Zeus matchups, and I think I found one that might work.

Base Zeus vs Adeleine, 2-C keys. Speed equalized, starting distance is 10 meters.

If any other rules need to be imposed, please let me know.

Big Scary God Man: 0
Some Artsy Kid: 2 (Arceus0x, Coolboy6)
They Both Shake Hands and Part Ways: 0

Last edited:
Ironically enough Zeus doesn't seem to resist any form of Mind control besides madness manip and has an AP disatvantage.

One hit from Adeline can turn him into either a friend or dust.
His precognition doesn't seem to be used in battle and Adeline shouldn't struggle against lots of attacks since she has fought Void Soul who pretty much uses danmaku in closed spaces.

I vote for Adeline atm.

Also through what i see Zeus seems to like fighting in close combat rather than range spamming (or so i saw it in the god of war 3 boss fight) and that means that he is absolutely getting one-tapped since its gonna be a pain for him to hit Adeline since she's like 9 inches tall

Also through what i see Zeus seems to like fighting in close combat rather than range spamming (or so i saw it in the god of war 3 boss fight) and that means that he is absolutely getting one-tapped since its gonna be a pain for him to hit Adeline since she's like 9 inches tall
Zeus also frequently uses his Lightning, which can power null magical abilities. I don't know if his greater Power Null where he can completely strip someone of their powers is via lightning or some other method though.

Either way, thank you for the vote.

Zeus also frequently uses his Lightning, which can power null magical abilities. I don't know if his greater Power Null where he can completely strip someone of their powers is via lightning or some other method though.

Either way, thank you for the vote.
I know but i believe that Adeline can dodge that considering she's dealt with Cracko before who spams lightning like a madman. I voted because her small size should let her land a friend heart on Zeus and take him out

The basis for Adeleine winning is a Friend Heart, right? Is she likely to use that in-character?
Doesn't she often do painting summons? (Though, if she's a playable character, I don't know how she acts as that.)

The basis for Adeleine winning is a Friend Heart, right? Is she likely to use that in-character?
Doesn't she often do painting summons? (Though, if she's a playable character, I don't know how she acts as that.)
No, she mostly uses It whem possesed, whem "normal" she seen to prefere to use other methods, mostly using the paint as a way of moving around, friend heart first play is a viable wincon

Ah. So she'd be likely to use a Friend Heart early on in the fight?
It's the most likely option in this key especially considering it would be in character since she's a friendly little girl who has to use paintings for combat. I've seen Zeus' fight and he just rushes in at the opponent and starts beating their ass and if Adeline suddenly gets assaulted by a big angry buff god I'm pretty sure she'd friend heart

It's the most likely option in this key especially considering it would be in character since she's a friendly little girl who has to use paintings for combat. I've seen Zeus' fight and he just rushes in at the opponent and starts beating their ass and if Adeline suddenly gets assaulted by a big angry buff god I'm pretty sure she'd friend heart
Her response to a giant, aggressive self-proclaimed deity attacking her non-stop with intent to kill is to use a Friend Heart on him?

I realize argument from incredulity is a logical fallacy, but I don't know Adeleine that well. Does she really not have other tactics in combat when not possessed?
mostly likle, her only other ofensife atack is shoving her paint brush side to side that she only use as last resort
Just this? Also, it's stated to be a last resort for her?

Sounds like good enough reasoning for now for me. I tentatively vote Adeleine via early Friend Heart useage, then.

Her response to a giant, aggressive self-proclaimed deity attacking her non-stop with intent to kill is to use a Friend Heart on him?
Painting something takes too much time and she's not a physically adept character so best option is definitely friend heart. Also that's also one of the few things that work on void termina, a god of destru 20x her size, so i believe that yes, it would be the main option as it is quick and effective unlike painting.

Painting something takes too much time
Adeleine is smart enough to gauge if she has time enough to try & paint something for the fight, right?
She wouldn't start trying to paint even if she'd get interrupted by an attack a quarter of the way through making the art, right?
and she's not a physically adept character so best option is definitely friend heart. Also that's also one of the few things that work on void termina, a god of destru 20x her size, so i believe that yes, it would be the main option as it is quick and effective unlike painting.
Makes sense. It does seem like she'd try using a Friend Heart when faced with a self-proclaimed "God" several times her size given this info about her history & behaviour.

Last edited:
Ironically enough Zeus doesn't seem to resist any form of Mind control besides madness manip and has an AP disatvantage.

One hit from Adeline can turn him into either a friend or dust.
His precognition doesn't seem to be used in battle and Adeline shouldn't struggle against lots of attacks since she has fought Void Soul who pretty much uses danmaku in closed spaces.

I vote for Adeline atm.
Gow zeus has mind manip resistance base on siren feat their song stated to be Hypnotic that cannot be ignored.
And he scales to kratos level of his mind resistance. his siren shows in gow2 can harm both him and kratos in their fight and ignoring the effect that they recived

Back