• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I Did it Because I Hate Myself (Kratos vs Oryx)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noneless21

He/Him
So yeah, I'm feeling feisty today, so here we are

@KLOL506 and @Planck69, I apologize in advance

ON THE RED CORNER WE HAVE THE GHOST OF SPARTA! THE SON OF ZEUS! THE GOD OF WAR HIMSELF! KRATOS!
gow3remastered1600jpg-9bec8e_610w.jpg

VERSUS!

ON THE BLUE CORNER, WE HAVE THE NAVIGATOR! THE GOD-KING OF THE HIVE AND TAKEN! ORYX THE TAKEN KING!
71JN7iUnBcL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Da roolz:
  • Speed is equalized
  • 2-C keys were used
  • SBA otherwise

The Chad God of War:
The Taken King, I dunno:
Kirby (future matchup, also incon):

Good Father vs "i will leave my son in the moon so he can kill human that maybe one day these human kill him"

Huh, fun match

So what stops Kratos from being Taken?

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1 for Taking, 2 otherwise), Existence Erasure, Void Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Possession via his ability to Take (Taking is an ontological weapon that can turn beings into empowered servants of Oryx within a self-contained reality. Part of this process is done by conducting a mathematical operation on them. Oryx and the Taken passively spread the Taken Blight, which erases reality around them.

In my admittedly brief look over I didnt see any resistance to EE or Concept Manip Type 1 so doesnt he passively die?

EDIT noticed he has resistance to EE via the Unity Stone but I dont know if he naturally would have that or if it would be enough especially since I know Oryx can negate Resistances.

So what stops Kratos from being Taken?

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1 for Taking, 2 otherwise), Existence Erasure, Void Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Possession via his ability to Take (Taking is an ontological weapon that can turn beings into empowered servants of Oryx within a self-contained reality. Part of this process is done by conducting a mathematical operation on them. Oryx and the Taken passively spread the Taken Blight, which erases reality around them.

In my admittedly brief look over I didnt see any resistance to EE or Concept Manip Type 1 so doesnt he passively die?

EDIT noticed he has resistance to EE via the Unity Stone but I dont know if he naturally would have that or if it would be enough especially since I know Oryx can negate Resistances.
You're missing a few powers: Corruption, Power Bestowal, Healing, Reality Warping, Law Manipulation, Mathematics Manipulation, Information Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1 for Taking, 2 otherwise), Existence Erasure, Void Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Possession.

Everything there is resisted by Kratos bar I guess EE and even there he's protected from all harm by Hope, a Type 1 concept above Type 1 concepts above Type 1 concepts.

Edit: Didn't see Info-hax. That too isn't resisted.

This really just comes down to Oryx's hax layers and how legit they still are after the mega nerfs.

Everything there is resisted by Kratos bar I guess EE and even there he's protected from all harm by Hope, a Type 1 concept above Type 1 concepts above Type 1 concepts.

Edit: Didn't see Info-hax. That too isn't resisted.

This really just comes down to Oryx's hax layers and how legit they still are after the mega nerfs.
Does he resist Resistance Neg? Given Oryx is pretty willing to drop that afaik.

Also can Kratos effect Acausality Type 5?

Something something AE type 2 not even Zeus who is AE type 1 based on CM type 1 can touch Kratos
Abstract Existence doesnt make you hard to hit it just basically means you have Conceptual Type 9 Immortality.

“Embodies an abstraction, and can be resurrected or regenerate indefinitely thanks to it. Destroying the abstraction is required to permanently kill those characters, but they can still be affected without directly altering it.”

This means Oryx could hit him and in theory (Assuming he can make Take work) just passively stand there and incap Kratos until he wins. Plus Oryx would gain all of Kratos’ abilities, knowledge and skills (The AE related stuff seemingly withstanding) from killing him as well growing stronger given Oryx grows stonger everytime he kills someone.

It just says 2-C so the Norse one? I guess the hope one is also 2-C but when he has two it should be specified.

I was going Norse since that one was specifically just 2-C.
SBA means the strongest one, so it'd be Power of Hope Kratos, not Norse.

Does he resist Resistance Neg? Given Oryx is pretty willing to drop that afaik.
Yeah, he does.

As for affecting Type 5, probably not? I remember we used to take Type 2/1 concept as allowing one to affect Type 5 though, but Idk if that's changed or not.

So like what level of regen can Kratos actually negate? I don’t actually see the regen level named on Kratos’ or Zeus’ page (Might be missing it).

So like what level of regen can Kratos actually negate? I don’t actually see the regen level named on Kratos’ or Zeus’ page (Might be missing it).
He can destroy/absorb concepts but everyone and their mom has High-Godly these days so I assume Oryx is the same.

In that case, this fight is probably either a mismatch or stomp.

He can destroy/absorb concepts but everyone and their mom has High-Godly these days so I assume Oryx is the same.

In that case, this fight is probably either a mismatch or stomp.
Well I know Oryx resists High Godly regen neg as well as Type 1 Concept Manip but I think he only has At least Low Godly himself

Then Kratos can perma-kill him but likely can't get around his infinite layers of resistance to do so.

So, this is a stomp.

Oryx now becomes the God of War by stealing Kratos’ powers.

Now im imagining Oryx screaming about Zeus lol.

Abstract Existence doesnt make you hard to hit it just basically means you have Conceptual Type 9 Immortality.
Different case, as soon as Hope took over, Kraros was untouchable. Kratos is just built different.

Might be wrong but heard that the infinite layers thing is not true. Given it's about Destiny, I'm assuming they still have ridiculous layered hax, no? Would like confirmation on that.

Different case, as soon as Hope took over, Kraros was untouchable. Kratos is just built different.

Might be wrong but heard that the infinite layers thing is not true. Given it's about Destiny, I'm assuming they still have ridiculous layered hax, no? Would like confirmation on that.
Well Why did like just say it’s ridiculous and hes the main Destiny guy but he didnt say exactly how insane

It's not but Kratos barely has anything numbering 4 so it's still a massive stomp

So, I just remembered that we did give Hope what is probably higher-D conceptual manipulation and invulnerability, given that it can kill Ascendant Athena. @KLOL506 would know better than me on how we treat it.

So, I just remembered that we did give Hope what is probably higher-D conceptual manipulation and invulnerability, given that it can kill Ascendant Athena. @KLOL506 would know better than me on how we treat it.
Yeah, she exists above everything in the Greek Pantheon, Primordials, Great Evils, what have you. Hope was the only thing that scared the living crap out of her. Though Gilver has some weird-ass wank about the Great Evils, not sure what that amounts to.

Based on some discussion I’ve seen in the strongest tiers thread, guys like oryx have countless layers tho I may be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back