• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Dragon Ball upgrade to an infinite scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Given that the previous thread gained hundreds of replies in just a few hours, and that this is a highly controversial subject, I closed the topic, and created a new thread here in the staff only forum, so we do not risk to have to spend all of our time and energy arguing with a horde of Dragon Ball fans.

Anyway, it seems like Vegeta destroyed the Room of Spirit and Time in the latest episode, along with easily defeating Zamasu/Goku Black.

Due to this, a large amount of Dragon Ball fans immediately descended to demand that we upgrade all top tiers to Low 2-C and above.

For the record, I think that the former feat seems to be an outlier, or simply one that we may have misunderstood the nature of, as it makes no sense to consider Vegeta to be infinitely stronger than most of his opponents.

However, a solid 3-A rating seems reasonable.

NOTE: This forum is for wiki staff only. Any regular members will have their posts removed.

It could very possibly be an outlier, especially for his base form; but yeah, Vegeta has definite 3-A feats (beating down Goku Black).

I still stand by stance that this feat is too vague and like ryukama has said an outlier as well.

Vegeta could very much have left the HTC and blown up the building and the door almost immediately destroy once he got out.

I see no mentioning from dende stating or scenes depicting of vegeta destroying the chamber from within.

Also I'm fine with Making vegeta and anyone else ansoildn3-A given his power up and him stomping Goku black(or Tru Zamasu)

Now that I'm no longer trying to not rile up people, I can speak my mind. Outlier at best. It's a vague feat, and can easily be taken out of context, which it likely already has in the previous thread.

Base Vegeta being 3-A is absolutely ridiculous, and it's likely that the DBS writers simply forgot that the RoSaT is infinite.

Much like they have forgotten how more powerful Saiyans from Buu Saga were from everyone before, and now we have Trunks and Piccolo and a weak Gohan who can only go SSJ1 as above SSJ3 Gotenks.

However, their SSB forms should all be solid 3-A by now.

If things keep going at a solid pace, I can accept Low 2-C gods.

ok

so ant, I have some points which can make ssb vegeta Low 2-C, but i think it is best to wait for another week so I can gather some more points.

But infinite speed is absolutely out of the question for now

As of now, this week, it is best to out vegeta at 3-A for beting ssshj goku black

thats all

@Matt 3-A base Vegeta is not at all ridiculous... heck he's at least 3-B at base (Unless you speak non-god ki? In which case, we don't know if he did or did not use it, but it seems more likely that he used god ki)

@Grudge not gonna lie, that sounds like massive downplay, like saying "Pre-Crisis Superman only endured the Big Bang from absorbing the sun's rays and coming back quickly, despite being illogical and not at all suggested"

^Remember guys, just an example

Well @Prom, the problem kinda begins with the 3-A feat to begin with. According to LT's explanation:

"Back when SSJG Goku and Beerus fought the Old Kai said that Goku and Beerus fighting would destroy the universe and leave it void, keep in mind if you destroy all of matter and eliminate all of energy, you still don't have a complete void in the universe, since this supposed empty universe still has a quantum foam which still has some activity, so therefore, to leave the whole universe a true void, you need to destroy the quantum foam- which itself is the space-time of the universe itself

So maybe with this interpretation we can put SSJG Goku at low 2-C or High 3-A for fighting Beerus which in turn makes Vegeta being able to destroy the Hyperbolic Time Chamber looks normal (destroying an entire space-time continuum)."

Meaning that if we go by what's stated and our own system, Goku's initial 3-A feat can be interpreted at High 3-A or Low 2-C with equal, if not more, backing, especially with this new feat.

There's also Beerus and Champa's 2 universe busting statement btw.

Still... I remain a bit undecided about this...

@Somebodydata I'm not trying to downplay dragon ball or the feat. All I'm saying it's just way to vague and not even straightforward

If someone or the narrator said anything about it like "how did vegeta destroy the HTC from within" or simply "How did vegeta destroy the chamber from the inside" than I would be 100% okay with upgrading them.

If it didn't, so that why I don't agree or at the very least skeptical.

I understand you're not trying to, just that it sounds like it from how you worded it (I would suggest you just say its too vague rather than your current example)

Hop doesn't like that idea.

Sounds like it could just allow others to created new threads and also become very... hotstile, for lack of a better word. Imagine how normal users would percieve that, just saying.

Hop Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer said:
Hop doesn't like that idea.
Sounds like it could just allow others to created new threads and also become very... hotstile, for lack of a better word. Imagine how normal users would percieve that, just saying.
percieve what?

Hop Hoppington-Hoppenhiemer said:
Our actions as a way of saying "shut up and let us decide instead"
no

what i mean is shutting down thee thread for a week and opening up a general dbs upgrade thread in a week when we have more proof for everyone to discuss this

as of now the vegeta thread will not get anywhere and if anything make others hostile against any upgrades even when we get more proof later on

@Hop

Well, it is a practical issue. If a thread gathers hundreds of replies in a few hours, and lots of previously inactive users pop up to argue for an upgrade (possibly with several sockpuppet accounts helping out), we have to ram the floodgates shut, as it will overwhelm us othervise.

As such, I think that it would be foolish to open up another thread to the public, as the DB fans will encourage their friends to join in. We have limited time and energy to deal with it.

@All

Well, feel free to add an extra Solid 3-A rating key for Vegeta then.

Firstly, you guys (normal users) can delete your own comments

Secondly, before anyone makes a comment on a post, please check up top of the page to see if the thread you clicked on is on the Staff Discussion Board, as normal users can not post here. Sorry, guys. But you don't seem to know better. This happened 3 times in the last hour for Pete's sake

@All I have upgraded Vegeta to straight up 3-A for overwhelming Black and made Goku straight up 3-A for being able to hold his own against the two outside of being enraged now.

He did this after getting a power-up, thus it cannot be an outlier unless we get anti-feats later on

Okay. Thank you. Did you add the rating as an extra key?

A power up. Not a new form. Sonic probably got stronger before fighting Solaris. Or Time Eater. Or Egg Wizard. Same with Kirby and Magolor.

@Ant Vegeta has always had one key for Super. I could change that if you want though.

And I just made the key for Black Arc Goku as 3-A. I didn't think a small boost between two episodes of the same arc required a whole new key that might potentially fill up the page when later, more important keys come.

The real cal howard said:
A power up. Not a new form. Sonic probably got stronger before fighting Solaris. Or Time Eater. Or Egg Wizard. Same with Kirby and Magolor.
Except they didn't. They got the same powers they've gotten many times before. Vegeta trained himself to exhaustion while also super mad because everyone was leaving stuff up to Goku.

@Ryukama

An extra key for the Goku Black Arc Vegeta would be appreciated, yes.

I agree about that Goku should not get unnecessary extra keys for the same storyarc however.

ok my last comment regarding vegeta:

if i can get enough proofs added during next episode, then i could in theory give a reason to put even SSJG goku at "Possibly Low 2-C" based on what we know

but more on that next week

Not exactly (God Ki) @Cal

Still... I don't think either of your reasonings for either position should be accepted as an upgrade to High 3-A or Low 2-C is beyond that of simple zenkai and that kind of training.

I believe that the debate should be stirred more towards the fact that Goku's original episode 12 feat, and its interpretation.

But as LT suggested, this may be a discussion for another day, for both sides to get their facts straight

Okay, but the discussion should be held in the staff only forum.

The real cal howard said:
Vegeta has the same powers that he had since arriving on earth.
He got stronger though. In Sonic's case he's just using Super Sonic again. No training, no difference. In Vegeta's case he got explicitly more powerful.

Not to mention I'm fairly sure that Multi-Galaxy was just based around how we interpreted the episode 12 feat anyway, with us low-ending it to avoid too many issues. Given this feat, it's likely that one way back when was intended to be 2-C.

Antvasima said:
@Ryukama
An extra key for the Goku Black Arc Vegeta would be appreciated, yes.
I have done so along with adding keys for the other major DBS arcs on Vegeta's profile.

Poor choice of words as to have him as "infinite" but he should be Low 2-C as well as possibly Current Goku, they're already shown to have almost destroyed all physical matter in the universe this is the next logical step (destroying a space-time continuum) I can't see why it's considered an outlier it seems like a natural progression of the power of the verse itself.

P.s. don't delete this just giving my two cents

@Ryukama Thank you for the help.

@Azathoth Agreed.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Late I know, but 3-A Vegeta is legit. Low 2-C Vegeta, as of right now, is not.
there is something that could put him there along with a several others, but i will discuss that next week saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back