• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A battle of steel! Roronoa vs Gajeel Redfox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I give it to Gajeel because he scales above someone who is around 4x stronger and more durable than Zoro, plus he could theoretically eat Zoro's two other swords, he couldn't eat Enma because it has 6-B Durability, but he still could eat his other two swords

This is something I always wondered. Does Gajeel resist getting hit by metal weapons? Cuz that basically makes this another DF vs DS. Gajeel also has his scales which is x2/x3 amp on his current stats which has him at baseline 6-C at worst. Does Zoro have Haki or any hax that ignores stats cuz a physical fight is not looking good for him afaik.

This is something I always wondered. Does Gajeel resist getting hit by metal weapons? Cuz that basically makes this another DF vs DS. Gajeel also has his scales which is x2/x3 amp on his current stats which has him at baseline 6-C at worst. Does Zoro have Haki or any hax that ignores stats cuz a physical fight is not looking good for him afaik.
The breath and haki.

For Zoro's Scaling Chain with all possible amps:
Asura w/Enma >> Ichi Ni Gorilla Santōryū w/Enma > Santōryū w/Enma >> Ittōryū w/Enma > Santōryū >> Nitōryū ~ Ittōryū >> 550 Megatons

With his "Mighty Blade Swordsmanship" he's got durability Negation allowing him to cut through Steel or Flesh

The whole point of that kind of ability is to show that a master swordsman can control himself so that he won't cut paper but if he wants he can cut even steel, I've no idea why zoro has that as durability negation. Gajeels "steel" scales with his durability I think, so I highly doubt zoro can cut him.

Dunno if it would resist against Zoro's Durability Negation since Zoro's works on steel and flesh.
Gajeel's steel body is weird because its infused with Magic. Steel in Fairy Tail isn't anything special by itself as even a below fodder level past Irene could break a steel sword with a stick infused with magic.

Well this has a lot of potential to be a no limits fallacy, I think the AP difference between gajeel and zoro is big enough to where zoro can't hurt him normally. Since this ability is accepted then I have no choice but to work with it, I still doubt zoro can cut gajeel with that type of durability negation as we don't know the limits of this technique.

Well this has a lot of potential to be a no limits fallacy, I think the AP difference between gajeel and zoro is big enough to where zoro can't hurt him normally. Since this ability is accepted then I have no choice but to work with it, I still doubt zoro can cut gajeel with that type of durability negation as we don't know the limits of this technique.
The limits apply to the material's that a swordsman can cut with this technique and the limit of what they can cut (for example they can't cut somone moon level was the example used). Zoro's application to this technique was enough to cut through Mr. 1 who could take hits from Mihawk with his steel body.

Bro, then why is daz bones not high 7-A durability for surviving that attack? And why is that attack high 7-A? And mihawk could have been using haki in that attack too. Anyway I think gajeel can eat zoro's swords?

Bro, then why is daz bones not high 7-A durability for surviving that attack? And why is that attack high 7-A? And mihawk could have been using haki in that attack too. Anyway I think gajeel can eat zoro's swords?
Daz Bone's Steel can resist 6-B cuts, it's not his regular durability since if it gets bypassed he's fodder. Zoro's attack isn't 6-B since it's not producing 6-B AP but his durability negation can potentially effect those on that level. Mihawk using haki is unknown but what is known is that Mihawk was intending to cut flesh (luffy) not steel which is why his application of the same technique did not apply in that moment.

He could probably eat Wado Ichimonji, Sandai Kitetsu is cursed so eating is may not be the best idea. He can't eat Enma as it has 6-B durability & it's energy absorption would incap him.

Last edited:
He could probably eat Wado Ichimonji, Sandai Kitetsu is cursed so eating is may not be the best idea. He can't eat Enma as it has 6-B durability & it's energy absorption would incap him.
Absorbing Curses isn't outside of Gajeel's Paygrade as he literally absorbed Bloodman's anti magic which came from a curse, said absorption also gave gajeel resistance to said curse so it would be similar in this case as well. Especially, given the vagueness and lack of knowledge of the curse itself it really shouldn't be that much of an issue in this fight regardless.
So basically zoro can cut people who are up to 6-B durability? Zoro immediately wins this wtf. He out skills badly and just decapitates.
I think he has to know what type of material he is cutting for it to work given the Mihawk case. Zoro would have no idea that Gajeel's innards are similar to magic steel and Given he has no idea what magic is it likely wouldn't work.

Absorbing Curses isn't outside of Gajeel's Paygrade as he literally absorbed Bloodman's anti magic which came from a curse, said absorption also gave gajeel resistance to said curse so it would be similar in this case as well. Especially, given the vagueness and lack of knowledge of the curse itself it really shouldn't be that much of an issue in this fight regardless.
Then Gajeel should be capable of eating Sandai Kitetsu & Wado Ichimonji.

I think he has to know what type of material he is cutting for it to work given the Mihawk case. Zoro would have no idea that Gajeel's innards are similar to magic steel and Given he has no idea what magic is it likely wouldn't work.
Bro gajeel literally turns into iron and uses iron in every attack. My guy zoro will just decapitate before he gets one-shot, his observation haki helps him immensely with this.

Bro gajeel literally turns into iron and uses iron in every attack. My guy zoro will just decapitate before he gets one-shot, his observation haki helps him immensely with this.
But it isn't just Iron, Its magic iron. Magic in FT is an actual particle called Ethernano that is used when making magic and is used to infuse with weapons like Erza's swords and Gajeel's iron creations and body. There's a big difference between the 2 in the FT verse as I pointed out here as well.
Gajeel's steel body is weird because its infused with Magic. Steel in Fairy Tail isn't anything special by itself as even a below fodder level past Irene could break a steel sword with a stick infused with magic.
Unless Zoro's has a way to understand how Magic works then his desire ability doesn't really matter here.

Unless Zoro's has a way to understand how Magic works then his desire ability doesn't really matter here.
He could maybe understand it with the "Breath of All Things" since that's when he first unlocked the whole "mighty swordsman" shit, in that state he was able to "feel the breathe" of objects which allowed him to learn how to cut steel. If he was brought close to death he could probably "feel" Gajeel's iron and learn to cut it, assuming of course that Zoro wouldn't be able to just cut it from the beginning.

Ok alright you got a point, I forgot that his iron is ethernanos. Alright so this means zoro can't damage gajeel therefore gajeel one-shots because the huge AP difference
He could maybe understand it with the "Breath of All Things" since that's when he first unlocked the whole "mighty swordsman" shit, in that state he was able to "feel the breathe" of objects which allowed him to learn how to cut steel. If he was brought close to death he could probably "feel" Gajeel's iron and learn to cut it, assuming of course that Zoro wouldn't be able to just cut it from the beginning.
Sorry but that's just head canon, wtf since when does zoro know the breath of all things, only momo luffy and roger can hear that.

That's the "voice of all things" different ability to what Zoro showcased.
Yeah I messed up, I mixed them up. But it's still head canon. That was never mentioned again I think and wtf is zoro gonna do, sense the ethernanos? That breath thing might also be some type of haki but I am not sure. Even then gajeel still just needs one attack to kill zoro, while with zoro, we don't even know if he can hurt gajeel at all.

I don't think Gajeel's scales were ever stated to be embued with Magic.

Information Analysis which allowed Zoro to tell a sword was cursed without prior knowledge should be enough to tell what Etherano is anyhow.

Can ethernanos be sensed with Extrasensory perception if so yes.
Yeah I guess they can but zoro's extrasensory perception is from observation haki right? And observation haki can't sense ethernanos or things of the sort I think.
I don't think Gajeel's scales were ever stated to be embued with Magic.
I am not sure but aren't gajeel's scales magic by themselves? or else how tf would he have dragons scales in his body?
Information Analysis which allowed Zoro to tell a sword was cursed without prior knowledge should be enough to tell what Etherano is anyhow.
They seem like completely different examples but I don't know.

Yeah I guess they can but zoro's extrasensory perception is from observation haki right? And observation haki can't sense ethernanos or things of the sort I think.
The Extrasensory Perception I'm referring too can feel the breathe of inanimate objects allowing Zoro the ability to cut through them with his dura neg, for this case Gajeel's iron.

It's listed under haki no one else other than Zoro has shown this ability. Also why can't regular observation haki sense ethernanos or am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back