• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Monster Brackets Round 1

Onwards Magikarp swam in the great lake. The fish Pokemon had no destination in mind, no goals to reach; he simply kept on swimming near the surface of the large body of water, keeping an eye out for either food and/or predators.

Suddenly, the Water type Pokemon felt a sudden chill of fear, as though his body was screaming at him to swim away. From the corner of his eye, Magikarp saw an incoming tentacle try to reach for him from below. Wisely, the fish swam out of reach of the tendril, swinging his tail rapidly to outpace his assailant. As the tentacle retreated into the darker waters below, Magikarp turned as he watched the owner rise up into the light

Frustrated that his ambush tactic failed, Dagon began to close in on the Pokemon, bringing his tentacles to bear. This time, Magikarp no longer wished to flee, standing his ground as the fish switched from Flight to Fight.

Current Standings

Hub

Magikarp, submitted by 00potato, vs Dago, submitted by HeadlessKramerGeoff777.

Fight takes place in a large lake.

The Magikarp in this fight is level 100, and has access to all his naturally learned moves.

Speed is equalized.

I love the blurb at the top.

It doesn't seem like either of them have calcs. So I'm guessing they're both baseline.

Dagon outranges primarily with his tentacles, though at risk of having them injured. And Magikarp has hydro pump.

Guess I'll wait for some other thoughts.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
It is only implied, but he caused fish to return to an island were the fish had left. But due to karp being being a Pokemon I dont think so.
I don't think it'll play any factor here then, especially if it's only implied.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Agreed. Also is this a stomp? Btw I forgot to mention, nice intro.
Thx. I feel like this is more decisive; while I'm not very familiar with this Dagon, it doesn't seem like he's comparable to Magikarp in strength and durability, though his size advantage should prove at least somewhat useful, but Magikarp's smaller size might make him harder to hit than vice versa. Dagon could put up a fight, but it looks like Magikarp can win more often than not.

My thoughts Magikarp wins slightly more then not unless Dagon actually controls the fish He has a massive mobility advantage with Splash (leaps over mountains, which requires a lot of strength) and if he does get roughed up he can use flail which gets stronger at low health

Back