• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eustass Kidd's quest for his first W. Part 1: Funny Bone Man (9-0-4) (GRACE)

After enduring numerous defeats in his own universe and a humiliating loss to Shanks, Eustass Kidd embarks on an interdimensional journey to prove his worth and secure his first victory. Among the various universes he explores, he encounters an eerie one—a desolate kingdom devoid of life, only piles of dust littering the area. Roaming through abandoned areas like ruins, a snowy village, a waterfall, magma lands, and another city, Kidd stumbles upon a castle, hoping to find its ruler. Yet, the emptiness persists.

In his quest, he is drawn to the unmistakable sounds of a fierce battle—energy weapons, a child's cries, and the echo of cracking ground. Racing towards the source, he discovers a child, holding a knife, trapped in a bone cage, besieged by flying skulls unleashing merciless energy beams. That fight was over. The child never stood a chance, Kidd thought.

"Another human?" the skeleton nearby the now destroyed cage talked. "You're the friend of that kid or what?"

Addressing the skeleton, Kidd retorts, "No bone head. I'm just craving for a fight. And facing you... Hmph, easy work." As he hurls a massive pile of metal gathered from the entire kingdom with his Devil Fruit, he declares, "Punk Rotten!" constructing a metallic golem from the metal he gathered.

The nonchalant skeleton responds, "Well, I guess I'm doing this now" shrugging off the impending confrontation.

Eustass Kidd vs Sans
Speed equalized
Kidd starts already in Punk Rotten
Battles takes place in the Judgement Hall, 100m distance between the two

Eustass Kidd
AP and Durability: Moon level (33.6 Exatons), higher with Punk Rotten, even higher with strongest techniques
Speed: Equalized
Specialties: Various forms of magnetism. His awakening allows him to magnetize living beings and non metallic objects. Can use all three types of Haki.

Sans
AP and Durability: Wall level, can ignore durability with Soul based attacks and KR.
Speed: Equalized
Specialties: Danmaku with Bones and Gaster Blasters. Telekinesis with blue mode.

Votes:

Eustass "Captain" Kidd gets his first W: @Kachon123 @TheMonkeMan @Darkvie123 @Harith0cell @Shadyboi0 @Shadow-Ragna @AThe1412 @Kellex @Padaruyos
Useless Cappin Midd gets another L:
Frisk resets and kills them both (Incon): @omegabronic @ShionAH @Greatsage13th @XxZetsuxX

Last edited:
Hitting Kidd with any of his attacks causes soul based damage. Telekinesis also helps here.

So are you just going to continue to he cryptic or explain how the ability works
I didn't think i needed to explain how telekinesis worked...???
Kid's Haki would stop his soul from getting interacted with.
He does that via willpower... does kidd just naturally build up willpower at all times? because if not, i don't see him having enough willpower to quickly resist sans moving his hand...

I'm referring to the "moving his hand. and killing Kidd"
He starts with throwing his opponent down into durability negating magic.
No he doesn't. Read the Haki page.
are we looking at the same profile?

Resistance to Madness Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation via Willpower (Through sheer willpower they can resist losing their mind when absorbing shadows through the Kage Kage no Mi. Shadows belonging to strong willed people are difficult to control, allowing them to rebel against Moria's pact which usually immediately submits a shadow to his supremacy and orders. Spiritual energy is contained within one's soul/life; this energy is represented by the fighting power or the Haki itself. Those with strong souls, which are homologous to shadows, resist the effects of Brook's soul manipulation)

says there it's through willpower.

Does Sans have some kind of strong/supernatural willpower? Otherwise Kidd flexes his Conqueror's Haki and Sans instantly goes unconscious.

are we looking at the same profile?

says there it's through willpower.
It also says

Devil Fruit Negation: Intense enough Haki can counteract Devil Fruit abilities. So far this ability has been exhibited by the strongest Haki users in the series.

Which includes Brook's devil fruit which cuts the soul, and Big Mom's devil fruit which grabs and manipulates the soul. 2 different types of resistance to Soul Manipulation.

He starts with throwing his opponent down into durability negating magic.
Why is it so difficult for you to elaborate

Sans abilities
Blue mode is a soul based telekinesis. It probably ignores LS. All his attacks are also soul based attacks that not only inflicts lots of damage over a short period of time but also a damage over time effect.

But do keep in mind that Kidd starts in Punk Rotten here, a giant metallic golem that will be pretty much immune to any of Sans's attacks (because its soulless metal and has 5-C dura)

But if Punk Rotten turns out to be a stomp I'll remove it.

Sans abilities
Blue mode is a soul based telekinesis. It probably ignores LS. All his attacks are also soul based attacks that not only inflicts lots of damage over a short period of time but also a damage over time effect.

But do keep in mind that Kidd starts in Punk Rotten here, a giant metallic golem that will be pretty much immune to any of Sans's attacks (because its soulless metal and has 5-C dura)

so you put a 9-B (who's main gimmick is durability negation based on the soul) against a 5-C with no soul so that his only means of harming his opponent is moot?

i need to hear the rationality of that.

so you put a 9-B (who's main gimmick is durability negation based on the soul) against a 5-C with no soul so that his only means of harming his opponent is moot?

i need to hear the rationality of that.
Kidd has a soul and can be killed by Sans. His metallic constructs however does not. And even in Punk Rotten there's an exposed spot where Sans's attack can hit Kidd.

Again if Punk Rotten stomps I'll remove it.

Haki nullifies Sans abilities even ignoring the layer debate

Kid can use magnetism to ignore the telekinesis and is not like the telekinesis is gonna hurt him

Kid stomps, not even Sans reactions works, Kid with Observation Haki makes that a null point

IIRC Sans has danmaku? How does Sans respond to Kid turning him into a magnet, making his danmaku go back to himself?

It seems to be able to be used at anywhere from 10 to 20 meters from the target.
Kidd would be able to use it then but he has to get a bit close

I dunno how many objects Kidd can Assign at once so he probably can't magnetize his bones but he could just throw some metal at Sans I guess.

Kid's Haki would stop his soul from getting interacted with.
how so?

So are you not going to list Sans' wincons?
Basically hard ti dodge danmaku that once hits will only need 5 seconds of being touched to kill + Teleport and Time Stop to make sure the enemy is in front of the attacks and his Instinctive action making him dodge even when he doesn't see or know something is coming, about the Soul manip null of Haki, well, i don't think the aplication is remotely similar to what sans does, which is basically Status effecting + directly attacking the Soul, besides that, Sans' durability neg also affect the physical body ignoring its durability as well, so it wouldn't matter much

altho Conqueror Haki would possibly make this a stomp, that depends on how keen is Kidds in using it, Sans' first move is using his strongest attacks/Danmaku while using Telekinesis to mess with the opponent, what is Kidds?

Sans abilities

But if Punk Rotten turns out to be a stomp I'll remove it.

Sans durability neg also affects the physical body, it also ignores physical durability of the body, so it would still work on souless beings, heck it worked on Flowey of all people

IIRC Sans has danmaku? How does Sans respond to Kid turning him into a magnet, making his danmaku go back to himself?
he could Time Stop or teleport them or himself away in that case

About Conqueror's Haki. One Piece characters use them pretty often in the fight. Some characters even imbued them straight into their attacks (but Kidd can't do this)

Basically at any point where two One Piece characters may fight one or both of them will try to flex their Conqueror's Haki.

About Conqueror's Haki. One Piece characters use them pretty often in the fight. Some characters even imbued them straight into their attacks (but Kidd can't do this)

Basically at any point where two One Piece characters may fight one or both of them will try to flex their Conqueror's Haki.
what about Kidd? how often does he starts or uses conqueror Haki? because based on what you said, i think that it may be a stomp

what about Kidd? how often does he starts or uses conqueror Haki? because based on what you said, i think that it may be a stomp
The interesting thing about Kidd here is that (in the Manga at least) we never see him on panel using Conqueror's Haki. But Kaido did confirm he has it (because he fought him before and put his ass in jail).

So I can't really say how often he uses it, but he will use it when necessary.

The interesting thing about Kidd here is that (in the Manga at least) we never see him on panel using Conqueror's Haki. But Kaido did confirm he has it (because he fought him before and put his ass in jail).

So I can't really say how often he uses it, but he will use it when necessary.
ok, in this case, how does Kidd usually fight? what is his style? that would be important when fighting someone like Sans

Back