• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Brackets | Round 8

Crimson_Azoth

VS Battles
Retired
Petervshomer
The final match of the Round of Sixteen! Winner of the last round was Myouri

Current Standings: https://challonge.com/dvuvfz7p

The contestants for this match are Criminal (The Sims), submitted by Risci-viragosi versus Samuel Vimes, submitted by Mr. Bambu

The Criminal scales to beating this guy to death, Samuel is 384 kilojoules

Speed is unequalised, battle takes place in a generic Sims neighbourhood. SBA otherwise

Criminal (The Sims): 0

Samuel Vimes: 5 (Jacky, Bambu, Cinnabar, Higdon, Potato, Lientric)

Incon: 1 (Iapitus The Impaler)

Bulgar
Samuel Vimes

It doesn't, since it has no unbound voodoo here. It would've stomped otherwise.

It does have a massive inteligence and skill advantage tough.

> Skill

No? Sam has dealt with the best assassins in the world multiple times. Where does Criminal get a skill advantage from?

From being comparable to SIm with decades of experience like the Law Enforcer, where a Sim can completely master a martial arts literally over night, and become good enough to break every sports record in weeks.

Their skill can't be too far off and Vimes has much better equipment (sword, light armor crossbow, vs just gun) so while I won't vote yet I would lean towards Sam

First, time and experience aren't mutually exclusive.

Two, Sam has the aforementioned feats of dealing with Assassins- literally the top assassin, Dr. Cruces, was killed by Sam. Assassins are so skilled they can gain access to a secure building with hundreds of guards and sit in a room with another person and never have them notice a thing.

What's the AP gap? I'm probably gonna drop out of this tourney after this since hax differences and AP gaps lead to stomps galore but let's see if this is fair before anything else.

Yeah, but when you have the ability to gain that amount of skill over a week's worth of time, you kind of do become exponentially more skilled with over decades.

I mean, the Law Enforcer and Criminal can waltz in litirally anywhere they want in the world. And when I say anywhere, I do also mean an alien planet with AI.

I mean, unless I'm missing something, the criminal could just shoot him. Skill gap is not great enough to make too much of a difference between either, so yeah.

I'm putting dimensional storage and a bat into standard equipment, since they are stated to have the former and get the latter as a reward, tough I doubt either is that game changing.

Vimes could just shoot the criminal?

Plus if it's dark (under SBA, it is for VImes) he has clairvoyance about exactly where Criminal is, what he's doing, etc via Summoning Dark.

I find that guns tend to be better at shooting more often then not.

Plus, the criminal also has an aura that makes Samuel like him.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I find that guns tend to be better at shooting more often then not.
Plus, the criminal also has an aura that makes Samuel like him.
Sam's used a gun, and has dealt with an aura like that with Carrot. Hell the calc that is linked to on Sam's page even references the gun.

Carrot has passively caused the city of Ankh-Morpork (a city of criminals, cynics, beggars, and general low-lifes) to like him because "krisma"- which is actually an aura that happens because he is the rightful king.

Should probably be in the standard equipment if it is regular. If it isn't, then not, because using it once hardly means much.

Now that I think about it, speed shouldn't be equal.

If it is, incon since it's a who shots first, with neither being likely to miss once they fire.

If it isn't, Samuel via being faster.

My point was more that the only difference was that the gun had longer range. Crossbows in Discworld are a bit better than those in real life- they aren't the standard "short range, one shot" ordeal.

Mr. Bambu said:
My point was more that the only difference was that the gun had longer range. Crossbows in Discworld are a bit better than those in real life- they aren't the standard "short range, one shot" ordeal.
I imagined, tough guns in sims aren't that bad either, they are relyable way to kill giant mechas.

I mean, his not garanteed to. Surviving a crossbow bolt is much more likely than a bullet, and the aura might surprise him for a few seconds.

If it's a "who shoots first" match, with Sam having the higher speed and an icon only gained via equalised speed, I seriously think it should be unequalised.

Of course, it's up to Risci and Bambu

Generally I'd go with equal because that's the typical move and if they're mostly even otherwise then they deserve an incon

However for the purpose of the tourney I guess unequal

Back