• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A World's Greatest Fighters Tournament: Brad Armstrong vs Johan Seong (Round 1)

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Despite some technical difficulties, we're finally continuing the 9-A World's Greatest Fighters Tournament!

Introducing first, he may not look big (compared to his opponent), but size matters not! It's Brad Armstrong!

And his opponent, he is a master of copying virtually any martial art technique he sees with his very own eyes, it's Johan Seong!

Rules are stated here.

He might not be dead: 9 (Divine, Ecstasy, Adem, Random, AThe, Armor, Pink_God, Razor, COB)

Copy Cat:

None of this pls:

I3rx3RG.png

Last edited:
Fire might be a tad zesty ngl.
Does bro have anyway to mitigate that?

Not familiar with either but Instinctive reaction and analytical prediction seem like a way

Can Brad resist fear manip?
Analytical prediction, ngl, I wouldn't bet to much on. Like why the **** would you analyze and predict some mf is about to shoot a kamehameha at you? His verse doesn't have stuff like that iirc, ain't no way he's gonna predict that.

I did it, I fell asleep, Jesus Christ 😭.
Anyways yeah Johan is gonna have to dodge that or he's cooked. How skillful is Brad?

Last edited:
CQC and Info Analysis don't really seem like the sort that let you win a fight on their own here, I'll wait for a post before voting but Brad seems to hold most of the cards here. Stamina, healing, bombs... Power mimicry is good but the Armstrong Style isn't anything too elaborate, Brad just uses it well, Johan can't really copy the fire stuff and just trying to beat Brad at his own game isn't going to work with the AP gap, especially once he pops Joy.
I did it, it fell asleep, Jesus Christ 😭.
Anyways yeah Johan is gonna have to dodge that or he's cooked. How skillful is Brad?
Can fight over 20 armed foes at once or win an entire pro wrestling tournament with both his arms chopped off at the shoulder, fight some of the toughest people in the world here (many of which use weaponry, while he doesn't really), probably some other stuff too, been years since I played the game.

Like I don't know how Johan wins this. Even if he dodged the dropkick, headbutt charge, or burning head slide (which based on his great dodging technique he might be able to) when he sees Brad tryna use a fire kamehameha, he's not gonna think "my life is in danger", he's gonna think "what is this nerd doing" before getting burnt to a crisp. There's no magical elements in his verse. There doesn't seem like a point in drawing up a skill argument.

Is he likely to lead out with Fire Blast? If he does Johan lost but if he doesn't, you could say Johan will eventually learn of Brad's magic powers and be more cautious.

it's a videogame so it's not really known but i'd say he uses it decently frequently

Yeah, I can't figure out how Johan could win. Match like this, Yohan rarely encounters in his verse.

Johan would've had a better chance against someone like Juri Han or Batman tbh.

Yeah, Batman has weapons, but they won't be as big of a factor as they are here.

Johan would've had a better chance against someone like Juri Han or Batman tbh.

Yeah, Batman has weapons, but they won't be as big of a factor as they are here.
Should have picked my dawg from Questism. He seemed like he wouldn't have met the hax threshold but he less haxy then some of the characters here.

Edit: Wouldn't have made the AP requirements now that I realize. I keep thinking of him as 9-A because he's probably gonna be upgraded soon.

Last edited:
☠️☠️

Im definitely missing context here. Ain’t no way.
If it was a verse where Johan knew powers existed, whether or not he's actual fought against it before he might have stood a chance. But the fact that it doesn't exist in his verse is too much of a disadvantage. He wouldn't be prepared for something crazy like that.

Just gonna leave this since I'm a day late here. I blame BG3

Anyway, Johan can actually solo an entire region Gangbuk in Korea at the same time.

Can instinctively sense and defend against an attack that comes from his blind spots.

The fire thing is likely gonna screw him up. I question this matchup immensely. But does it have any signs of actually showing any hints before the attack? PTJ characters can sense attacks from enemies (Jincheol sensed he was about to be decapitated by a watch before the attack even happened, among many others like Warren, Jake, and Jerry). Likely the fatal finisher here. But analytical prediction for Johan also gives him a hint when someone is about to attack by movement of their shoulders alone. With the attack being a kamehameha attack, I question who wouldn't dodge that. I think it'll definitely cook Johan, but that's if it hits and Johan has always been kinda a fast reacting boi with both instincts and Analytics.

Burning Head slide seems more fatal. Charging Headbutt can be redirected with Aikido (since Johan can really just flip you by touching your hands alone). I'm using Daniel as an example but here's what it looks like. So him grabbing his head and flipping him to slam him down is something Johan can do. Grappling + Aikido may restrict Brad to the ground (Class 5 vs Class 5). I'm not sure what Brad's go to for when grappled, but Johan would definitely gouge his eyes if he could.

Are the fire attacks based on movement? Since they do require charging and headbutt.

The locket thing not resisting fear is gonna be helpful with Johan making him afraid for a bit. Also Johan would be smart enough to snatch any items or weapons away.

Grapple

Anyway, Johan can actually solo an entire region Gangbuk in Korea at the same time.

Can instinctively sense and defend against an attack that comes from his blind spots.
I'm not saying this isn't impressive but idk if it's really the type of skill that decides the match here, given that Brad is pretty skilled himself and way stronger and tougher
The fire thing is likely gonna screw him up. I question this matchup immensely. But does it have any signs of actually showing any hints before the attack? PTJ characters can sense attacks from enemies (Jincheol sensed he was about to be decapitated by a watch before the attack even happened, among many others like Warren, Jake, and Jerry). Likely the fatal finisher here. But analytical prediction for Johan also gives him a hint when someone is about to attack by movement of their shoulders alone. With the attack being a kamehameha attack, I question who wouldn't dodge that. I think it'll definitely cook Johan, but that's if it hits and Johan has always been kinda a fast reacting boi with both instincts and Analytics.
Looks like this
Burning Head slide seems more fatal. Charging Headbutt can be redirected with Aikido (since Johan can really just flip you by touching your hands alone). I'm using Daniel as an example but here's what it looks like. So him grabbing his head and flipping him to slam him down is something Johan can do. Grappling + Aikido may restrict Brad to the ground (Class 5 vs Class 5). I'm not sure what Brad's go to for when grappled, but Johan would definitely gouge his eyes if he could.
If Brad gets grappled he can use the fire so that's probably a really bad idea.
Are the fire attacks based on movement? Since they do require charging and headbutt.
He can do that with both his arms chopped off at the shoulder, so, IDK
The locket thing not resisting fear is gonna be helpful with Johan making him afraid for a bit. Also Johan would be smart enough to snatch any items or weapons away.
I mean I feel like that's most people, nobody sees a guy pull out a molotov and just lets him light it. Still pretty handy to have.

With the attack being a kamehameha attack, I question who wouldn't dodge that. I think it'll definitely cook Johan, but that's if it hits and Johan has always been kinda a fast reacting boi with both instincts and Analytics.
I really doubt this, it's not based on the speed of the attack. If a fire kamehameha came at me from say 10 feet away at punching speed, it'd be easily dodgeable no doubt. But I would likely be frozen in shock alone and that would have me get burnt to a crisp. And I don't think Johan's analytics is gonna allow him to predict a fire kamehameha no matter how good it is. I do think that if Johan dodges even just one of them, he has a good shot of winning because it doesn't take long for him to adapt.

Back