• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A World's Greatest Fighters Tournament: Yuji Itadori vs Debby the Corsifa (Round 1)

I mean, duh, but in a straight-up slugfest it's usually pretty crushing. Debby could literally just have that and it alone would be a pretty serious concern.
Yuji is significantly smarter and more skilled, so he can definitely find ways around it.

Does Yuji have any experience against ranged opponents? And how likely is it for Debby to go full-Frieza and death beam him?
Also, how much stamina does Yuji actually have? Because if the battle ends up to be dragged on for more than a hour, Debby might be self-BFRd out of the human world (this always from her file).
And for how long can Debby maintain her stat boost? Because that's what makes her 9-A, and if it were to end, she'd go back to 9-B.

Yuji took part in a war (entirety of Shibiya Arc) and fought non stop with curses like Mahito, while getting beat up severely. Idk how long that war started, I’m sure it lasted way more than an hour but can’t prove that. Yuji can get stabbed, cut, slashed, etc, etc, etc, and keep fighting for prolong periods. He doesn’t even care about pain and will continue to keep fighting without stop.

Has anyone casted their votes yet?

I might've missed a few posts or arguments made that caused y'all to vote for either side, so I'm asking for clarification purposes.

How does debby fight in character? Yuji will try and fight in H2H, will she engage in CQC with him or will she try to get away? If she fights in CQC I'd say yuji takes this for a couple of reasons.

-Slaughter demon should be able to cut through debby pretty easily, giving itadori an even bigger advantage in CQC and since debby has no regeneration if yuji takes a significant body part like a limb the fight is practically over. (Which I dont think will be to hard given his skill advantage, again this comes down to if debby is a ranged fighter or CQC fighter)

-The massive skill and BIQ advantage, which would help out in a variety of ways

-The fact that debby is running on a timer, and since yuji has pretty good stamina and pain tolerance he should be able to last long enough for debby to reach her limit, plus even though he's a CQC fighter he is still cautious and doesnt take too many reckless moves if its unnecessary.

I'm leaning towards yuji for now but I'd like to wait for arguments from debby's side

How does debby fight in character? Yuji will try and fight in H2H, will she engage in CQC with him or will she try to get away? If she fights in CQC I'd say yuji takes this for a couple of reasons.
@Flashlight237 said that she usually starts with Deb-Beams.
Looking at Debby's hax, Debby is most likely to use her Deb-Beams, and she doesn't really need to do much but point her finger at something or someone and fire one off

Though due to Debby's idiocy, she'll probably end up in a situation where Yuji finds a way to make it a H2H/CQC fight, where he handily takes it.

@Flashlight237 said that she usually starts with Deb-Beams.
That makes the fight more interesting though I will still say yuji has the upper hand. I quickly read some of chapter 1 and its nothing crazy. Requires her to point her finger at the target and I'm assuming some kind of start up since we can see energy being gathered before the blast actually went off. I don't think her beams change much, Yuji just slips past them and makes it a CQC fight which debby will probably play along

I feel like the odds of this fight getting to an hour of length are pretty slim. Debby is about 1.53x stronger which is pretty sizeable, and while dumb as a brick she doesn't seem totally unskilled to the point of it being a disadvantage of its own. I'm sure Yuji is both more skilled and more intelligent, but I don't like to assume a character can just come up with a strategy without any knowledge and SBA does dictate she'll be trying to take him out. Granted, the whole damage boost thing he's got going on is a bit notable, and 1.5x isn't insurmountable. Not sure.

Yuji has been shown to be skilled even surprising very gifted individuals like Yuta. Speaking of Yuta, Yuji comes up with strategies on the spot all the time. He does this against people he has never even met. Like when he came up with a plan to lessen the No weapons disadvantage he had when fighting against Yuta, albeit still lost cuz Yuta is just too superior. Or even the time when he outsmart fighters like Todou, with quick and decisive thinking, quick movements, etc, etc. He has barely any knowledge on Todou too.

One more thing to note is that he is able to build chemistry with those he forms a team with. It doesn’t typically matter how strong his Ally is, he is skilled enough to keep up, and never holds anyone back.

Itadori has always been this skilled and intelligent throughout the course of the series. I’d love to go deep into it but I doubt I’d need to plus I’m currently on a trip. I’ll just be watching you guys from the sidelines and hop-in whenever

Debby does have the range advantage but I don't think she spams her energy blasts often, she seems to be a more up close personal type of fighter (Im judging just based on what little I've seen so if this is incorrect mb). Even if she sees yuji has no way to attack her from range she's probably not smart enough to capitalize on it. Plus its not like she has danmaku or anything she seems to just blast one projectile at a time, I don't see how yuji wouldnt just be able to maneuver out of the way to get up close.
I will point out that in Chapter 30, Debby defeated a demon that used ki blasts against her by spamming ki blasts. Not danmaku, obviously; just your standard grade DBZ ki blast spam. If you're willing to fork over a few bucks for Volume 4 of the manga, you'll see for yourself. I'm at work ATM, so I can't provide scans rn.

I will point out that in Chapter 30, Debby defeated a demon that used ki blasts against her by spamming ki blasts. Not danmaku, obviously; just your standard grade DBZ ki blast spam. If you're willing to fork over a few bucks for Volume 4 of the manga, you'll see for yourself. I'm at work ATM, so I can't provide scans rn.
I saw it, its def something to note but I dont think its anything too crazy, she didnt use to pressure an opponent or try to keep distance from an opponent. The demon clashed against her beam so she responded by bombarding him back, Idk if she'll do this to yuji but even if she did I don't think it'll deter him. As you said its nothing crazy, some beams might hit yuji but its not like she'll heavily injure him with a few attacks, yuji should still be able to close the distance

Also I'll be responding to any arguments tomorrow as it is hella late here

This fight would be more similar to a professional fighter versus a bodybuilder in terms of the strength and skill gap.
That usually doesn't go very well for the fighter either.
Yuji has been shown to be skilled even surprising very gifted individuals like Yuta. Speaking of Yuta, Yuji comes up with strategies on the spot all the time. He does this against people he has never even met. Like when he came up with a plan to lessen the No weapons disadvantage he had when fighting against Yuta, albeit still lost cuz Yuta is just too superior.
Unless there's more context, this isn't a plan, he just picked up a broken weapon. It's not an impressive feat if I smash a bottle and shank someone with it in a bar fight.
Or even the time when he outsmart fighters like Todou, with quick and decisive thinking, quick movements, etc, etc. He has barely any knowledge on Todou too.
Is this from this key? Cause admittedly this does look like it'd allow him to overwhelm her pretty conclusively.

I was gonna say Deb is ****** bad.
But
Now hear me out

Fear manip 🤔

She can I think?
will she though? she's dumb as shit and idk if she'd use it on a human due to her innate RACISM

I was gonna say Deb is ****** bad.
But
Now hear me out

Fear manip 🤔
Judging from her profile its pretty mid, she hasnt even scared a human from it just an animal. And its not like yuuji gets easily scared. I doubt it'll affect his ability to fight significantly if at all

Unless there's more context, this isn't a plan, he just picked up a broken weapon. It's not an impressive feat if I smash a bottle and shank someone with it in a bar fight.

He planned to break the weapon prior since Yuta was powerful and had a weapon. So I sent how he did it.

Is this from this key? Cause admittedly this does look like it'd allow him to overwhelm her pretty conclusively

Not all of them. Why? The scan sent was all based on his innate skill and thought process and it’s just over a span of about 50 chapters which are the first 3 keys (except the last scan which I threw in there because it’s an ability that he wasn’t taught, iirc he even tried it against Sukuna when he was “dead”, I should’ve sent that scan instead but I didn’t want you to say he’s unskilled simply because a Skill God saw through it and called it boring) I intentionally left out stuff outside of cursed energy manipulation and cursed energy output training since those were acquired skill rather than his innate quick witty stuff he uses to get himself in better situations. So i don’t think it matters what key he does them as long as it’s not acquired/trained skill and as long as his usual thought process and entire way of fighting doesn’t change.

Last edited:
She can I think?
will she though? she's dumb as shit and idk if she'd use it on a human due to her innate RACISM
I don't think she would had even tried to use fear manipulation on a human. The one time she had to deal with humans that weren't Rokurou or a cute girl is when Debby was up against thugs, which... Well, they freaked her out at first, but... Well, Chapter 48 (the chapter the thugs showed up) shows that if anyone tries to mess with Rokurou, Debby will not hesitate to **** you up. Heck, she blew up a small part of a forest even though the thugs were merely freaked out by it (side note, what the **** is up with the author and trying to show off Debby's strength with 1-psi-overpressure explosions? Come on!)

Chapter 67 only further shows the whole "mess with Rokurou and Debby will **** you up" deal. Honestly, the relationship between Debby and Rokurou gets stronger throughout the series. In Chapter 1, Debby would not've hesitated to kill Rokurou had it not been for Rokurou's quick thinking. In Chapter 71, when Debby thought she FROZE Rokurou to death, Debby freaked out and was later crying while hugging Rokurou's arm. It's unrelated to the debate, sure, but I felt that was an important part of Debby's character development that I wanted to bring up.

I don't think she would had even tried to use fear manipulation on a human. The one time she had to deal with humans that weren't Rokurou or a cute girl is when Debby was up against thugs, which... Well, they freaked her out at first, but... Well, Chapter 48 (the chapter the thugs showed up) shows that if anyone tries to mess with Rokurou, Debby will not hesitate to **** you up. Heck, she blew up a small part of a forest even though the thugs were merely freaked out by it (side note, what the **** is up with the author and trying to show off Debby's strength with 1-psi-overpressure explosions? Come on!)

Chapter 67 only further shows the whole "mess with Rokurou and Debby will **** you up" deal. Honestly, the relationship between Debby and Rokurou gets stronger throughout the series. In Chapter 1, Debby would not've hesitated to kill Rokurou had it not been for Rokurou's quick thinking. In Chapter 71, when Debby thought she FROZE Rokurou to death, Debby freaked out and was later crying while hugging Rokurou's arm. It's unrelated to the debate, sure, but I felt that was an important part of Debby's character development that I wanted to bring up.
Damn, that's wholesome not gonna lie. Good thing this is a non lethal tournament then. I don't think Yuji would want to hurt her too much since she isn't a Curse or anything. He'll still beat her into submission or knock her out though.

Damn, that's wholesome not gonna lie. Good thing this is a non lethal tournament then. I don't think Yuji would want to hurt her too much since she isn't a Curse or anything. He'll still beat her into submission or knock her out though.
Ahh... Good ol' sarcasm. That's not something I see on here every day

I saw it, its def something to note but I dont think its anything too crazy, she didnt use to pressure an opponent or try to keep distance from an opponent. The demon clashed against her beam so she responded by bombarding him back, Idk if she'll do this to yuji but even if she did I don't think it'll deter him. As you said its nothing crazy, some beams might hit yuji but its not like she'll heavily injure him with a few attacks, yuji should still be able to close the distance

Also I'll be responding to any arguments tomorrow as it is hella late here
Thinking about it, the Deb-Beams are perhaps the move Debby has the most control over. Regarding her level of control, basically it's one thing to use energy beams the standard way, but it's another thing to be able to control energy beams to a point where you can use them as a cigarette lighter (as shown in Chapter 22). Saying that since a degree of control is usually a good check-box for mastery in something, although I don't think it'll change the tide all that much.

Thinking about it, the Deb-Beams are perhaps the move Debby has the most control over. Regarding her level of control, basically it's one thing to use energy beams the standard way, but it's another thing to be able to control energy beams to a point where you can use them as a cigarette lighter (as shown in Chapter 22). Saying that since a degree of control is usually a good check-box for mastery in something, although I don't think it'll change the tide all that much.
That's cool and all but I don't think she's ever used it in a way that will really overwhelm yuji, if she was smart I can definitely see her pulling out a win but as it stands I think yuji's the more likely victor here

He planned to break the weapon prior since Yuta was powerful and had a weapon. So I sent how he did it.

Not all of them. Why? The scan sent was all based on his innate skill and thought process and it’s just over a span of about 50 chapters which are the first 3 keys (except the last scan which I threw in there because it’s an ability that he wasn’t taught, iirc he even tried it against Sukuna when he was “dead”, I should’ve sent that scan instead but I didn’t want you to say he’s unskilled simply because a Skill God saw through it and called it boring) I intentionally left out stuff outside of cursed energy manipulation and cursed energy output training since those were acquired skill rather than his innate quick witty stuff he uses to get himself in better situations. So i don’t think it matters what key he does them as long as it’s not acquired/trained skill and as long as his usual thought process and entire way of fighting doesn’t change.
I would say experience matters a lot regarding quick thinking during battles. Still you've made your point overall, and considering the Divergent Fist thing I'll FRA Yuji

Back