• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A World's Greatest Fighters Tournament: Dan Hibiki vs Jax (Round 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
We've finally hit the mid-way point in the 9-A World's Greatest Fighters Tournament!

Introducing first, he may be a well-known loser, but he's not one to underestimate! It's Dan Hibiki!

And his opponent, Jackson "Jax" Briggs! It's going to take more than cutting off both of his arms to take him down!

Rules are stated here.

Well-know loser:

Leader of the OIA:

No:

iZCsrtg.png

So Jax downscales 0.09 tons of TNT while Dan upscales 0.0320594012 tons of TNT

Does Dan have any ways to mitigate that hefty AP advantage? Because 3x is pretty big. Though jax was said to downscale, how much we talking? Is he getting put on his ass by 370mj or is it just a small downscale?

Does Dan have any ways to mitigate that hefty AP advantage? Because 3x is pretty big. Though jax was said to downscale, how much we talking? Is he getting put on his ass by 370mj or is it just a small downscale?
Aside from the fact that Jax downscales, Dan’s Otoko Michi would deal some heavy damage given how it operates

Dan upscales a small but unknown amount from Pheonix's feat, but ehhhh.

The only thing I know is that Dan martial skills are dog shit

MK scaling is weird, though he does put down many 9-A fighters himself just as he himself gets put down by other 9-A fighters. In addition to that he has the ability to amp damage with his heated arms and has a significant LS advantage, being a grappler and all

The only thing I know is that Dan martial skills are dog shit
This is MvC Dan. Not SF Dan. Also I would recommend you read his profile since his martial arts boast capabilities that even professional real life fighters couldn’t accomplish

Jax is still too much even for this Dan tbh.
Stronger in both AP and LS, more versatile, better techniques, more experienced and even more skilled to be frank.

Jax is still too much even for this Dan tbh.
Stronger in both AP and LS, more versatile, better techniques, more experienced and even more skilled to be frank.
Pretty much this. Jax just takes every advantage

Dan got the short end of the MvC skill feat stick

I also find it funny how this Jax has canonically defeated the same version of Liu Kang that is in this tournament (even though at a precedent point in time, but Revenants suck 99% of the time anyway), so if they end up against each other, we might have to skip the round altogether (not necessarily tho).

Back, welll Dan may be better them IRL martial artists but his martial art skill is still considered extremely bellow whem talking about of other martial artists from fiction, including Jax

Jax is a much more competent fighter and will not stop mid combat to taunt, the 3 times ap disavantage hurts Dan even more whem we remenber his most powerfull atack leaves him almost defeated

Even without weapons I think Jax will have a easy time

Also, why Dan has tier 1 LS if we don't considere cannon him beingh able to not be stomped by sentinels?
Because Sentinel is the largest character he can throw. Throwing somebody =/= being as strong as them. I don’t become 9-C if I lift somebody that strong. Sentinels are also Class Y, so Dan isn’t scaling to their LS. His Class 1 rating is simply based off the weight he’s lifting

Also he’s never not been stomped by Sentinels

Back, welll Dan may be better them IRL martial artists but his martial art skill is still considered extremely bellow whem talking about of other martial artists from fiction, including Jax
Bit if a vague statement. But yes, Dan would be below Jax in skill
Jax is a much more competent fighter and will not stop mid combat to taunt, the 3 times ap disavantage hurts Dan even more whem we remenber his most powerfull atack leaves him almost defeated

Even without weapons I think Jax will have a easy time
Jax’s downscaling of 0.09 and Dan’s upscaling of 0.032 wouldn’t make this a 3x difference. But yeah, overall, Jax still takes this in every category

You know what, after Dan and Rumble inevitably drop off the bracket, I'm gonna make an exhibition match between the two.
Rumble will not lose, he will make firsts rain from above and beingh 2D will make others have a hard time applying their combat skills on him >:3 Rumble will stomp every one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back