• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A Tournament Exhibition Match - World's Worst Fighters - Dan Hibiki (MvC) vs Rumble McSkirmish [Completed]

rumble_mcskirmish_wins__by_elguebon_dc3nr7z-fullview.jpg
main-qimg-a7d6cd9bff671cebc03f21bef125fca3-lq

After being horribly killed easily booted out of bracket by Jax and Shredder respectively, Dan and Rumble both look for food to drown their sorrows, only to stumble across each other and inevitably butt heads.

Fight takes place 10 meters apart outside of Ramen Ichiraku.
Speed Equal.

Ryo Parody (>0.032 Tons): 7 (Zoro, Lonkitt, Saman, AThe, Lemon, Tony, Glaceon)
Ryu Parody (0.028 Tons):

Battle Theme

Last edited:
Half backed martial arts vs basic videogame martial arts

Rumbble has the advantage of range spam what he uses a lot in character and have great AOE and getting close gives him the oportunity to use his super ninja bla bla bla special

Idk, for now I would give to rumble

Vote counted. Aside from that, is it too early for me to start defending Dan considering that I'm the one hosting the thread?

Alight, to begin with, there's Dan's acrobatics. Having access to super jumps and Dankuyaku lets him navigate past Rumble's ranged fireball game, along with the added benefit of abusing Rumble's weakness of being physically unable to look upwards (also just using Gadoken to clash out fireballs). Fist Punch Rain is bit annoying, but Dan might be able to avoid some or hide under some cover.

There's also Okoto Michi. While Rumble has the big f*ck off combo super that could be seen as parallel to it, it's somehow even slower and more telegraphed as it takes 10 whole ass seconds for him to charge up.

Last edited:
Actually, just for the sake of personal integrity, I should probably say that I just found out Okoto Michi actually functions by dealing damage propotional to Dan's health/stamina prior to using it. I'm not sure if we should chalk that up to game mechanics or not, though.

So, this is a hilarious matchup.

Isn't Dan relatively skilled by average human standards, just subpar in the SF universe? Rumble's moves seem pretty basic, though there was a line about him having "a black belt wrapped around his black belt", but I don't know how much credence that line should get regarding his skill level.

The Super Power Ninja Turbo Neo Ultra Mega Multi Alpha Meta Extra Uber Prefix Combo would probably be Rumble's best chance of winning, I just can't see him setting it up when it's one of the most telegraphed attacks I've ever seen, like, anime cinematic timing telegraphed.

I think I'm leaning toward Dan on this one. He seems to be more skilled, could probably take advantage of Rumble not being able to look up, and also dodge the SPNTNUMMAMEUPC (even as an acronym it's too long lol) due to it's large charge-up time. Fist Punch Rain is Rumble's best weapon here, honestly.

I guess Dan has better chances them I trough

well, Dan has some "generic fight game moves" so I still would say he is above a IRL martial artist

Also, how fast are Dan projectiles compared to Rumble?

If I remenber correctly Gadoken is kinda slow

If we're discussing movement speed, that's actually not a factor since their range is extremely poor. I mainly brought them up since it does clash with other projectiles, which does give him one of a few options to avoid fireball spam as he approaches.

If we're discussing movement speed, that's actually not a factor since their range is extremely poor. I mainly brought them up since it does clash with other projectiles, which does give him one of a few options to avoid fireball spam as he approaches.
Oh, okay. Rumble is know to spam his fireballs so I don't think just using his Gadoken isn't as spammable

Half backed martial arts vs basic videogame martial arts

Rumbble has the advantage of range spam what he uses a lot in character and have great AOE and getting close gives him the oportunity to use his super ninja bla bla bla special

Idk, for now I would give to rumble
Not sure you're giving Dan the benefit of the doubt here. Like at all. Although his fighting style isn't nearly as great as Ryu or Ken's, he still did invent his own fighting style with legitimate techniques (albeit, his taunting moves are completely useless)

Anything Rumble's shown to do in terms of martial arts are unironically just things Dan can do better. For example, Dan has a MUCH better rising uppercut moves. The Dankuukyaku is more advanced than any of Rumble's physical attacks. His Hyper Combos are a lot more versatile and actually harder to counter than any of Rumble's finishers are

Rumble can spam ranged attacks? Dan unironically has pretty good counters to that. His mobility is pretty great, given he can perform Super Jumps, Dankuukyaku, quick rolls, and Hypers that would allow him to avoid those. But even just the Super Jump would let him cross the distance better than Rumble could, and from there Dan can easily close the distance and lay a smack down on him. Remember, Rumble cannot look up. Its an explicit weakness, so in all honestly, chances are that even just a Super Jump would put Rumble in a terrible spot. Also, the Premium Sign attack actually has a high chance of taking Rumble off guard. That's another thing too. Dan may have inconsistent self-awareness, but he was intelligent enough to use what he learned from the same person who taught Ryu and Ken, completing it into a fighting style that genuinely has merit. Dan's mostly pathetic in the context of Marvel vs. Capcom's cast because their skill is ridiculously high. Rumble might have martial arts knowledge, but he's incredibly stupid. Some of his moves consist of just bashing things rather than actual fighting techniques, which he's more than willing to use

To top this all off, Dan already has an AP advantage, a technique that would most definitely leave Rumble in a terrible condition (Otoko Michi), and a resistance to high temperatures which would likely help him in the event he somehow manages to get hit by a fireball

I gotta vote Dan here. I don't think this is a stomp, but surprisingly? I'd say its HIGHLY decisive in Hibiki's favour

Last edited:
Back