• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A World's Greatest Fighters Tournament: Dan Hibiki vs Hank J. Wimbleton (Round 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Welcome to the fourth match of the 9-A World's Greatest Fighters Tournament!

On one corner, he may be a well-known loser, but he's not one to underestimate! It's Dan Hibiki!

And on the other corner, a psychopath who will show no mercy to anyone who steps in his way, it's Hank J. Wimbleton!

Rules are stated here.

Puts the 'Psycho' in 'Psychomaster':

Well-know loser:

There's no way this happens, right?:

aAJcCwg.png

So, an AP advantage, a lack of an arm but not a hand, and lacking normal human proportions, but lower skill then he'd normally be...

Which by the way is still more then enough to put Dan into the god damn dirt.

Dan's skill is almost completely and utterly nullified by Hank not being proportioned like a normal human, making normal martial arts hits that aren't basic mostly useless... and Basic is where Hank thrives the most in this key, he's a slugger who is already EXTREMELY survivable, has Stamina and Injury tolerance for days, and 3 extra tries if Dan kills him, and he's not unskilled in this key, named Madness combat characters are known for soloing facilities of trained soldiers without getting hit, a part of this is their reactions, but either way Hank in this key still bagged and tagged two of these characters, albeit with help.

The singular thing Dan has going for him is straightforward projectiles, but Hank is already a hard mother ****** to incapacitate in earlier Keys, add this with regen that does actually take minutes if I recall and Dan is screwed ten ways from Saturday.

Also this key of Hank also has a one-shot amp, in case you needed more to seal the deal.

Oh and first key Hank? Well he's just as hard of a bitch to put down as usual and is also like 3x more skilled then his later keys lol

Psycho didn't tell me half of this stuff wtf-
He probably expected first key Hank, who lacks the majority of this shit in exchange for being the most skilled key... and in my opinion the most skilled guy in the tournament. MAG Hank is more of a Zangief situation where he's still got skill but he has a lot of other shit backing that, but facetanks shit rather then dodging.

Normal Hank dodges, and he's got a 50x reaction speed amp he spams to hell and back. Pick your poison

I'd much rather go for first key Hsnk.

If we go for the other option, then he's disqualified.

Coolio.

Hank outlasts, is MUCH more skilled, has much better reactions, and can use the environment to dunk Dan pretty badly. Oh, and my explanation about Dan's Martial arts not doing much goes double for the guy who outright lacks arms.

Define reactions.
also that proportion argument, wouldnt that apply to him too given the lack of not completely ****** dude in verse.

The justification tho is he beats up dudes who can deflect bullets aka combat speed.
if it's just reaction speed tho, it means he can only keep it up for one movement at a time and can't chain actions or dodge at this speed so it's only really good for one dodge if here isn't a notable gap between moves.

not to say dan isnt getting the shit kicked out of him but still

TBH I don't even know why it's reactions its very easy to argue as combat speed, but I only debate MC I don't **** with the profiles

Well, as it stands he only gets 1 free dodge due to reactions unless there's a substantial gap between them according to the reaction page
just make a crt to add "& combat" to his speed if ya agree it's a little sus

Not that it matters, Dan would lose regardless

I'm pretty sure he actually deflects Multiple shots so yeah it's 100% combat speed, I just can't be ****** to do shit for the MC profiles

Yeah, uhhhhhhhh... Dan has really good acrobatics and could potentially eke out a win with Okoto Michi if he used it after Hank is in the fight but... yeah, I've got nothing. At least his profile isn't outdated so the match will stick around on their pages for a while.

My dude, Jebus and Tricky could literally ******* fly and Hank has fought both on multiple occasions Lmfao

TBH this feels like a stomp in Hank’s favour

I heavily disagree with the point that Dan’a martial artists are useless against the body types of those from Madness Combat, but I don’t necessarily think he holds a huge advantage with that here either. Even if he is much more impressive than his SF counterpart

Like really, Dan’s wincons would have to come from Hank just not fighting, which he obviously isn’t gonna do

TBH this feels like a stomp in Hank’s favour

I heavily disagree with the point that Dan’a martial artists are useless against the body types of those from Madness Combat, but I don’t necessarily think he holds a huge advantage with that here either. Even if he is much more impressive than his SF counterpart

Like really, Dan’s wincons would have to come from Hank just not fighting, which he obviously isn’t gonna do
Okay then show me the legs and arms and weak points used in Martial Arts on Hank? He's literally had a part of his God damn head blown off and kept fighting, so that's not even a weak point

Okay then show me the legs and arms and weak points used in Martial Arts on Hank? He's literally had a part of his God damn head blown off and kept fighting, so that's not even a weak point
Lonkitt said it was a stomp, so it's kinda pointless to argue about it when we all agree that Hank destroys Dan.

Lonkitt said it was a stomp, so it's kinda pointless to argue about it when we all agree that Hank destroys Dan.
Pretty much this. I’m not gonna argue further about this when it’s clearly a stomp in Hank’s favour. No need to extend a thread that was a stomp from the start

Also my point in saying it wasn’t useless was not in reference to the regen feats. Just that the martial arts style itself wouldn’t be completely useless. Though in this case, it isn’t grabbing a win either

Saying this again, but going by this logic, Hank's martial skills are useless against every fighter here too because his style wouldn't be accustomed to fighting anyone like that.
He's literally had a part of his God damn head blown off and kept fighting, so that's not even a weak point
why is someone like that allowed in a tourney without lethal weapon weapons

You're OP bro why ya asking us

I'd say no based on the fact you restricted everyone else's picks to lack lethal weaponry, and you also restricted 3 other mf's Regen/immortality/res.

Only like 2 dudes in this tourney actually have the means to incap this lad, and based on your tourney, at least 1, if not both, might not get to fight him.

But I'm not Reaper, You, or I forget who nominated so my opinion ain't worth much.

You're OP bro why ya asking us
I'm asking y'all because while my opinion arguably holds the most weight, it'd be unfair to just yeet the character because I think it's unfair without hearing what other people think.

But it does seem like Hank is too much for the tourney.

My dude, Jebus and Tricky could literally ******* fly and Hank has fought both on multiple occasions Lmfao
What part of “I’ve got nothing” do you not understand? I get Dan kinda sucks, but UW’s profile is apparently outdated as hell, Undertaker was rejected, and Phoenix Wright, the only other notable MvC 9-A, would’ve probably been rejected even harder for several reasons.

Would his 2nd key just make things fairer? He becomes more of a brute rather than focusing on skill.

Would his 2nd key just make things fairer? He becomes more of a brute rather than focusing on skill.
Read
He probably expected first key Hank, who lacks the majority of this shit in exchange for being the most skilled key... and in my opinion the most skilled guy in the tournament. MAG Hank is more of a Zangief situation where he's still got skill but he has a lot of other shit backing that, but facetanks shit rather then dodging.

Normal Hank dodges, and he's got a 50x reaction speed amp he spams to hell and back. Pick your poison
And
So, an AP advantage, a lack of an arm but not a hand, and lacking normal human proportions, but lower skill then he'd normally be...

Which by the way is still more then enough to put Dan into the god damn dirt.

Dan's skill is almost completely and utterly nullified by Hank not being proportioned like a normal human, making normal martial arts hits that aren't basic mostly useless... and Basic is where Hank thrives the most in this key, he's a slugger who is already EXTREMELY survivable, has Stamina and Injury tolerance for days, and 3 extra tries if Dan kills him, and he's not unskilled in this key, named Madness combat characters are known for soloing facilities of trained soldiers without getting hit, a part of this is their reactions, but either way Hank in this key still bagged and tagged two of these characters, albeit with help.

The singular thing Dan has going for him is straightforward projectiles, but Hank is already a hard mother ****** to incapacitate in earlier Keys, add this with regen that does actually take minutes if I recall and Dan is screwed ten ways from Saturday.

Also this key of Hank also has a one-shot amp, in case you needed more to seal the deal.

Oh and first key Hank? Well he's just as hard of a bitch to put down as usual and is also like 3x more skilled then his later keys lol

Reaper gaslit ya pick brother... You should kill him 🚬 🗿

Psycho, blame Reaper for all of this.

Never let a goon of his caliber cook for you.

You got any alternatives, Psycho?

If it's any consolation the only sussy thing imo is the type 2 immortality in a nonlethal weapon tourney or having multiple tries.

Him being skilled is literally a matter of his foes needing to get good, like imagine being skilled in a skill tourney.

If it's any consolation the only sussy thing imo is the type 2 immortality in a nonlethal weapon tourney or having multiple tries.
This was the main issue.

Having 3 tries and Type 2 is very problematic for this tourney in specific.

Hank doesn't have Immortality type 2, he was actually canonically dying from being shot through the neck, he's just got some ******* insane Stamina and is insanely hard to knock out due to brain damage being no biggie for him

What about the 3 tries?
That's only if Hank is KILLED, he's a hard mother ****** to incapacitate or knock out but not impossible, you'd need a statement with no anti-feats for that. Or just like, fight while rendered nonexistent or some shit like 682 pulled

Hank doesn't have Immortality type 2, he was actually canonically dying from being shot through the neck, he's just got some ******* insane Stamina and is insanely hard to knock out due to brain damage being no biggie for him
You said he could fight even after getting half his head blown off. Either it kills him or it doesn't.

If he survived a long time after that, and just happened to die hours later, or whatever, still pretty suspect.

You said he could fight even after getting half his head blown off. Either it kills him or it doesn't.

If he survived a long time after that, and just happened to die hours later, or whatever, still pretty suspect.
Yeah he lasted for some minutes before Tricky finished the job, went "I'm not done with you yet" and ressurected his ass all injuries gone. That's where the "Knock it off!" Quote comes from, BTW.

We don't know HOW long Hank can survive with a large chunk of his head blown off, I'd have to both find and rewatch that episode of MC to find out exactly how long he lived before Tricky killed him outright with another attack

Yeah he lasted for some minutes before Tricky finished the job, went "I'm not done with you yet" and ressurected his ass all injuries gone. That's where the "Knock it off!" Quote comes from, BTW.

We don't know HOW long Hank can survive with a large chunk of his head blown off, I'd have to both find and rewatch that episode of MC to find out exactly how long he lived before Tricky killed him outright with another attack
Okay I was misremembering, it was half his head and a large chunk of his body and Hank lasted about 40 seconds before Tricky finished the job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back