• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A World's Greatest Fighters Tournament: Dan Hibiki vs Hank J. Wimbleton (Round 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was half his head and a large chunk of his body and Hank lasted about 40 seconds before Tricky finished the job
That is definitely type 2 bro...

But how about this, who in this tourney has the AP (assuming they hit him, but that's on them to do), enough power to cause more bodily destruction to lad than extreme bodily mutilation or enough damage to actually put him down.

But how about this, who in this tourney has the AP (assuming they hit him, but that's on them to do), enough power to cause more bodily destruction to lad than extreme bodily mutilation or enough damage to actually put him down.
Literally only Zangief off the top of my head, and even that's a bit arguable.

That is definitely type 2 bro...

Argue with I think Moritzva who had it removed from Hank for not surviving indefinitely with said wounds for whatever reason

Shredder, Zangief(especially with his durability), Juri, Liu Kang Via fire, and that's probably it

The answer was nobody, nobody holds a 7x AP advantage over him (and that's just for ko, not even gore) due to the 400mj cap.

A few lads do have incap options, but, he's guaranteed to not fight 2 based on brackets and 1 is only a maybe.

Nobody here can blow half his body off or head off, and you said he could still fight under said circumstances so...

You don't need to be 7x someone to smash their body, the only thing it takes is violence and perseverance I guess, pretty much like real life.

Ofc the less ap you have the more it takes, but being 7x or such only makes easier something you can already do unless you are fairly weaker.

Of course smashing open a skull requires work and a good deal of strength and or help with surfaces or stuff, but it the guy was alive but unable to react while in that condition (head and body blown off), it changes little at the end of the day.
It's different if with those injuries he's still alive, well and ready to fight.

I did? If I said so I was dead wrong lmfao, he can fight with grievous wounds but the man couldn't even get up in that state let alone actually fight, the only thing saying he was even alive was the fact he WAS moving

The episode for reference

You don't need to be 7x someone to smash their body, the only thing it takes is violence and perseverance I guess, pretty much like real life.

Ofc the less ap you have the more it takes, but being 7x or such only makes easier something you can already do unless you are fairly weaker.
Brutalizing and what happened here are not comparable things.

I did? If I said so I was dead wrong lmfao, he can fight with grievous wounds but the man couldn't even get up in that state let alone actually fight, the only thing saying he was even alive was the fact he WAS moving

The episode for reference

Okay then show me the legs and arms and weak points used in Martial Arts on Hank? He's literally had a part of his God damn head blown off and kept fighting, so that's not even a weak point
You sounding sussy now lad...

How grievous we talking?

The sussiest thing here seems to be regen and those gods bringing him back if they have fun with him fighting tbh.
How reliable are they?

You sounding sussy now lad...

How grievous we talking?
I mean I am sussy, this is the first time I've actively watched Madness Combat in over a year and I skimmed through it(and actually watched some) just for looking for the feats

But multiple large gunshot wounds(like, imagine if a 50. Cal passed through his body without more damage, also most MCs he actually takes damage), an impalement through the torso, a torn off jaw(both MC6), a chunk of his head being skinned, and that's just Friday.
The sussiest thing here seems to be regen and those gods bringing him back if they have fun with him fighting tbh.
How reliable are they?
We aren't using MAG Hank, we're using Base Hank, who lacks regen.

Not very, though they never take over a day when they DO ressurect Hank, which is about 3 times or so

But multiple large gunshot wounds(like, imagine if a 50. Cal passed through his body without more damage, also most MCs he actually takes damage), an impalement through the torso, a torn off jaw(both MC6), a chunk of his head being skinned, and that's just Friday.
That's still real steep 😐

I'm just saying, I wouldn't nominate Bruno Bucellatti for a tourney unless people in it could mutilate him without much issues.

That's still real steep 😐

I'm just saying, I wouldn't nominate Bruno Bucellatti for a tourney unless people in it could mutilate him without much issues.
I would have suggested Deimos or Sanford to replace Hank here but OOF their profiles aren't the best

Also i love how survivability and tankiness is being a problem for the tournament when Zangief is like 3 no-sells above his value in Durability lol

Also i love how survivability and tankiness is being a problem for the tournament when Zangief is like 3 no-sells above his value in Durability lol
Yet Brad almost beat him.

Also Ultimate Warrior (before he was removed) has feats of no-selling finishers, which do significantly more damage than normal moves, yet he's not OP enough to consider to disqualify him.

Even some of the more "weaker" people in the tourney have ways around Zangief's no-selling bs.

Yet Brad almost beat him.

Also Ultimate Warrior (before he was removed) has feats of no-selling finishers, which do significantly more damage than normal moves, yet he's not OP enough to consider to disqualify him.

Even some of the more "weaker" people in the tourney have ways around Zangief's no-selling bs.
And Hank is suddenly different? You can kill him with your fists you just gotta git gud lol

Do ya remember what happened when a 418 Megajouler punched Zangief?

Nothing happened.

You punch Hank and things still happen to him
What's worse? No-selling an attack from someone comparable to you?

Or continuing to fight despite getting impaled, torn off jaw, a chunk of his head being skinned, and multiple gunshot wounds?

Wait why is Gief allowed too then.

I thought he was just 418mj, aka just a big advantage, but if he can no sell 418mj, it means nobody in this tourney can actually hurt him given he's no selling the AP cap 🗿

Or continuing to fight despite getting impaled, torn off jaw, a chunk of his head being skinned, and multiple gunshot wounds?
They're both bad, like goddamn I thought Batman was sus, but at least everyone can still hurt and put him down normally
My guy can hurt him :)
Unless it's via hax in your low hax tourney.

The former is worse because nobody in the tournament can harm him without heavy weaponry or hax... neither of which you like.

Like i said, you punch Hank and things happen.

MAG Hank is the only guy i know of in the tournament that can bypass a No-sell

I thought he was just 418mj, aka just a big advantage, but if he can no sell 418mj, it means nobody in this tourney can actually hurt him given he's no selling the AP cap 🗿
Literally this lmfao

DaReaperMan: Master of calling bullshit out

And of this tournament since my submission was rejected for being TOO skilled!

It ain't. It's his finisher.

Then let's remove Gief and Hank so we can all be happy (and spite Midas).
Im expecting you to remove Batman too tbh (but given you let this shit through I feel way less bad).

Ya definitely gotta be more clear in your rules next time.
DaReaperMan: Master of calling bullshit out

And of this tournament since my submission was rejected for being TOO skilled!
Khorne ****** 69 should've stayed, imagine getting kicked for having skill in a skill tourney while stonewalls, unkillable ***** and a slew of various bullshit gets in.

I thought he was just 418mj, aka just a big advantage, but if he can no sell 418mj, it means nobody in this tourney can actually hurt him given he's no selling the AP cap
Tbf he no sold a punch to the chest while flexing to withstand it (same thing he did to break another 418's sword), and that is the sturdiest part of his body because of the bulk of muscles, but when Balrog hooked his chin he indeed felt the blow.
And in-verse he is indeed seen as extremely durable, but not unsormountable for other 9-As.

Im expecting you to remove Batman too tbh (but given you let this shit through I feel way less bad).
I didn't want to seem stingier than I already was. Batman's a lot more tame compared to Gief and Hank.

Khorne ****** 69 should've stayed, imagine getting kicked for having skill in a skill tourney while stonewalls, unkillable ***** and a slew of various bullshit gets in.
Sour Grapes.

Tbf he no sold a punch to the chest while flexing to withstand it (same thing he did to break another 418's sword), and that is the sturdiest part of his body because of the bulk of muscles, but when Balrog hooked his chin he indeed felt the blow.
And in-verse he is indeed seen as extremely durable, but not unsormountable for other 9-As.
Yeah but that ain't how we do vs matches, for example in DBZ a 2x difference is enough to vaporize or no sell your opponent, obviously we don't abide by that.

Here we have a dude who's above the stat cap, being so sturdy he can no sell or face tank stuff above the cap.
Seems fishy ngl.
I didn't want to seem stingier than I already was. Batman's a lot more tame compared to Gief and Hank.
Smh, remember ya said this brother.
Sour Grapes
I ain't even a WH goon 😭

Lol

Didn't bro also Shatter a sword in SFV?
Yes, he did, but always through the chest and by putting some effort.
All of this to say that Zangief is indeed sturdy for the standards of his verse, and that's undoudbetdly an advantage, but he's not gonna to standing here I realize everything no effort.
Tbf I think Hank could even stay, as long as regen and immortality don't really make him unkillable, so far he seems more or less on the same line as Brad.
If we talk of violence and murder, both Juri and Liu Kang are more than eager to do that and are capable of doing it to characters in their same ap ballpark. I guess other participants can to, the only limit is how far are they willing to do, but incapacitation is always an option regardless.

Yeah but that ain't how we do vs matches, for example in DBZ a 2x difference is enough to vaporize or no sell your opponent, obviously we don't abide by that.
Here we have a dude who's above the stat cap, being so sturdy he can no sell or face tank stuff above the cap.
Seems fishy ngl.
Ik, what I meant is that he isn't an impenetrable stonewall even for the standards of his verse, so I see his dura being a good advantage but not unfair.
Still, if people prefer to have him removed, we can ask Midas to candidate a new character and either replace Zangief on the fly or re-do Brad's match.

Regen is only for MAG Hank, who has his own problems like being even harder to properly incap or kill due to even better feats of not dying to shit like face impalement that should just kill him immediately(see MC11 when Auditor was converting him to be stronger)

Yes, he did, but always through the chest and by putting some effort.
Bro, he's like 90% chest.
And it isn't like his arms are drastically weaker.
but he's not gonna to standing here I realize everything no effort.
He actually would to like half the tourney. Remember he's above the stat cap, AND face tanks stuff on that level. Like bro Debby can't even hurt him 😭
Ik, what I meant is that he isn't an impenetrable stonewall even for the standards of his verse, so I see his dura being a good advantage but not unfair.
Still, if people prefer to have him removed, we can ask Midas to candidate a new character and either replace Zangief on the fly or re-do Brad's match.
For his verse no, he's just a tremendous tank, but he's not up against his verse.
Match standards literally **** everyone else over as arguing random 100mj dude can hurt him when he tanks stuff 4.2x that ain't exactly feasible.

Then he can stay honestly, as long as the immortality doesn't break the game.
And re-looking at his profile, the highest concern could be him having guns and swords as unrestrictable standard equipment. A bunch of people in this tournament have already dealt with armed opponents in a way or another, so it shouldn't be an absolute problem, but it should still be put under scrutiny by the rest of the people.

Then he can stay honestly, as long as the immortality doesn't break the game.
And re-looking at his profile, the highest concern could be him having guns and swords as unrestrictable standard equipment. A bunch of people in this tournament have already dealt with armed opponents in a way or another, so it shouldn't be an absolute problem, but it should still be put under scrutiny by the rest of the people.
TBH he REALLY shouldn't have those as standard equipment, Hank uses a lot of weapons, but he rarely has a specific weapon unlike Jesus or Tricky or Sanford

The more i see the bullshit pulled here the more I'm tempted to overhaul Hank's profile TBH

I'm still very hesitant on keeping Hank.

I'd consider him worse than Bats, and we know how I feel about Bats.

Gief might have to go. Not only does his normal AP slightly exceed the limit, his ability to just flex on his opponents so that he takes no damage will be annoying asf for everyone in this tournament. Brad only stood a chance because of his weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back