• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Ruler passively radiates mind hax.

Everyone except Bloodborne's hunter immediately lose all will to fight

Is his resistance negation passive as well? Or does he need to activate it manually?

Flagg also regularly uses an artifact that mind-haxes its users, and he always does so without experiencing any of its side effects. (Even after he pissed off the demon inside of it and basically forced her back into the thing against her will) How strong is Lord Ruler's passive mind hax?

Technically speaking, he needs to start "burning" the metals he's ingested that fuel his powers to start mind haxing people. However, he is always doing that in-character.

His resistance negation is passive tho. It's the result of Hemalurgic spikes bolstering his powers and letting him pierce through Copper Clouds, which normally protect the user from empathetic manipulation.

That should be added to Flagg's profile that he resists mind-hax.

It's strong enough to passively mind hax thousands of people into complete apathy just by being within a few hundred metres of them. And that's just a "blanket soothing". If he actually focuses his powers on only the 8 other people here in particular, the mind hax will be even stronger.

I plan on having Flagg's mental resistance propositioned later. Been wanting to chill out with the CRTs on him lately, since he's one of the main characters I've been working on putting forth updates for.

That said, Flagg's mind resistance probably isn't going to stand up to that kind of mental power. That's vastly superior to anything he's done himself, and the last time he met someone with psychic power that much greater than his own, it...ended poorly.

How would he deal with Bloodborne Hunter's powers, though? Judging from what you've said, the two of them will likely be the ones in direct conflict at the beginning of the fight, so can he deal with the Hunter's versatility?

Any of the hunter's metal weaponry gets yanked out of his hands. Bullets and throwing weapons with metal in them get deflected. Hunter gets force pushed and pulled around using the metal elements on his clothes and within his body. Ruler uses Atium to easily precog dodge everything Hunter does. He could probably deal with most of it.

Fair enough. But what about the Hunter's time stopping abilities? Does he have a proper means of dealing with that if it were to come into play.

EDIT: Wrong Hunter. Whoops.

Nah, I meant the Bloodborne Hunter. Sorry, my brain misfired for a moment and got their powers confused with one-another.

The Gungeon hunter, their time stop is passive right? Basically as long as they are only aiming and shooting, time is stopped for everyone except them?

Yes, actually. Would stopped time save her from his passive mind-hax?

Also, does his mind-haxing aura remain active while he's using other powers?

Mind haxing would probably not work in stopped time. He needs to constantly be "burning" the fuel to target everyone around him, so if time stops and he isn't burning/targeting, I don't think it would work.

He can maintain his aura while using his other powers though, yes

If the time stop works right from the start of the fight though, all of the others would be hatled (excluding the ones resistant to tha)

So this fight is hard to decide, because there are two possible outcomes

1) Gungeon Hunter uses her more haxxy attacks during the timestop, and takes down Ruler. She now needs to fight all the others.

2) Gungeon Hunter shoots Ruler with an attack that he can regenerate from. Time unfreezes, Ruler regenerates, mind hax hits everyone. Ruler and BB Hunter duke it out, Ruler wins. Ruler goes around killing all the other characters while they are lying on the ground to uncaring to stop him

The Bloodborne Hunter can return after death as well, thanks to the Hunter's Dream. Meaning if he dies from something that doesn't prevent him from doing that, he can very well return to the fight and surprise Lord Ruler.

Just judging from all of this here, Round 1 seems like it's going to be between EtG Hunter, Bloodborne Hunter and Lord Ruler. And in that scenario, it could be a long, long time before any of them finally goes down for good.

There's no lanterns in New York Central Park though. SBA.

Can any characters here work in Gugeon's stoped time?

I mean, the transmutation/mind manipulation/freezing are just an added effect to all hers attacks. If she gets the time stop working, she can hax people easily

I mentioned earlier that the fight essentially takes place in an unknown location where everyone gets to use their relevant powers. Probably should have added that to the OP, tbh.

EDIT: Added.

Could someone destroy the lantern if they keep seeing Hunter pop up at it though?

Also, I guess that means Gungeon hunter never goes down thanks to type 8?

A number of the others here can get past Type 8. Flagg has Transmutation and possessive commands, Bloodborne Hunter can render her insane, etc.

The only reason it's a problem now is due to the Lord Ruler taking almost all of those people out of the fight for the moment.

Destroying the Gungeon probably prevents the type 8 from working (but that would take a lot of time). Other than that, non-lethal ways can be used to incapacitate

The structure seems around a hundred of meters tall, eyeballing. The underground dungeon is several hundreds of metres wide and it's composed of 8 zones one deeper than the other

Huh. That would indeed take a while.

How does the Gungeon hunter's stuff work? Because right now I'm basically seeing her shoot everyone in time stop with devolving bullets or something and calling it a day

Well I mean, outside of her 'standing still' time stop, she can only stop time for 4-5 seconds at any given moment. Some of the characters here are likely to rush into hiding in some way if they regain their ability to move, should the Lord Ruler fall.

And at least two of those can actively teleport for miles, so they'd have some means of escaping almost indefinitely and then figuring out their next move. (Not going to allow Flagg the option of temporarily heading to another universe though, since that would be unfair)

Actually...

I just noticed.

The Super Hot Watch causes time to slow down to the point of being almost frozen while the Gungeoneer isn't moving. Time Manipulation.

I just noticed this. Time isn't completely stopped, so Ruler's mind hax will still work on her.

So yeah. Ruler mind haxes everyone except BB Hunter, then goes around cleaning up the competition.

BB Hunter comes back at the Lantern. Ruler fights him and kills him again. Maybe works out the lanterns are the problem. Destroys the lantern. Kills Gungeon Hunter, Hunter comes back (tho how long does it take?), and immediately gets mindhaxxed again.

Ruler instead of killing her, takes the time to strip her of all her weapons and use them against her.

Does Gungeon Hunter have anything capable of putting herself down?

Actually, I just realised her Type 8 resurrection works by reversing time.

Eternal stalemate for everyone.

With time continuously reversing everytime she dies and everyone's memories being wiped, Ruler is never going to put her down, but he'll never run out of fuel for his powers either. So this happens:

1) Fight starts

2) Ruler mind haxes eveyrone except BB Hunter

3) Ruler kills BB Hunter. In the time it takes for BB Hunter to come back, Ruler does step 4

4) Ruler kills Gungeon Hunter (may kill the others at some point here too)

5) Time reverses

6) Return to step 1.

Christ, that's...yeah, that's a good point. I don't see how anyone is getting around that, to be perfectly honest.

I do want to give others here the chance to see where their characters would place in this royale, so in the event that this indeed becomes the never-ending time-loop that Monarch detailed above, I'll put Lord Ruler and the EtG Hunter in a 'Tied for 1st Place' spot above everyone else. They're technically the only two who stay alive indefinitely, so they're the only ones who can claim the stalemate.

Then we can have another round with the remaining seven characters. That seems fair, right?

Sure.

Though I am understanding this right Kal? All time reverses? Not just Hunters? And do people lose their memories too?

Diavolo has his precognition and erasure that stops techniques, attacks and the like from effecting him, plus he can also rip people apart in the erased time and then continue going back into hiding as he's done that manga.

A good example of his precog is near the end, he was dodging bullets, attacks and the like while running without looking at the attacks and he erased himself getting hit by Aerosmith and instead had Nero get hit instead.

I mean, you can incapacitate the Hunter with non-lethal means. But no, she doesn't have anything to put herself down (without triggering the reset that is) the Gungeon is pretty much made to be an inescapable cycle of death and resurrection (to the point where you can't even prevent yourself from having entered it).

It's complicated to say if all time is reversed because everyone is resistant to being screwed in the past, but the other instance of time rewind (The Gun That Can Kill The Past) does rewind everything.

@J-Man: Lord Ruler's passive mind-hax (which Diavolo is not resistant to) would prevent him from being able to erase time in the first place. EtG Hunter's time-slow technically means she could gun him down with durabilty-negating bullets before he erases time, also. Beyond that, he has no way of stopping the time loop everyone will be in once Lord Ruler kills EtG Hunter.

@Kal: So is your vote (we are still voting here) going towards the scenario Monarch outlined?

@J-Man, Diavolo lacks the will to do any of that thanks to Ruler's mind hax. Ruler crushes any and all emotions in the minds around him to the point where no one does anything because they simply do not care about anything at all. And that was a "blanket" soothing. It's far stronger when he's actually focusing on specific people.

@Kal Once Hunter dies, time will rewind, resetting everyone to the start of the fight and no one except the Hunter will remember the past events. Is this correct?

@King

Yeah, i'm agreeing with Monarch

@Monarch

Edit ninja'd you. But yeah, it seems to work this way. Unless they are resistant to it of course

Seems like that'll be the best option.

First place goes to the two of them in a stalemate. Round 2 starts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back