• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
The Hunter does have the mind hax resistance from the beginning, Insight (Knowledge of the Great Ones) is something that is present in the game way before you meet the actual Great Ones
That's what I thought. If that's the case, mind-hax are a no-go on him.

Also, Flagg's range depends on what powers we're talking about here. Only his mind reading, projections and commands are multi-universal. His teleportation is at least city-wide, and the Eye can see across an entire country, but transmutation is more or less mid-range (Or so it has been shown, anyway. He at the very least has to be close enough to wave his hand in your direction), and his only other truly 'offensive' attacks are cloud-to-ground lightning and his fire manipulation.

Most of his powers are specifically tailored to fighting opponents, not destroying things. That's what he tends to use tech for. (And you want to trust me here when I say that he shouldn't be allowed to have access to any of that)

Actually, I take that back. He has electricity projectiles which he can shoot from his hands, as well as telekinesis which allows him to lift steel girders with a fair amount of ease. He could potentially destroy the lantern, but he's definitely not doing it from miles away. At best, he melts the thing from atop an adjacent building, or rips it out of the ground with TK after teleporting within its vicinity.

That said, he probably has no way to know about it unless he outright spots Hunter resurrecting near it, since mind-hax resistance might end up blocking his mind reading.

@J-Mn You do know that the BoG Hunter referrs to him at any point before he fights Amygdala right? Its not the Hunter right when you first start the game.

Because there's no difference in power until he faces Amygdala, when he faces Amygdala that's the cutoff point here its not the beginning anymore, its like this for all the SoulsBorne games.

....Yeah, I'm just going to say it; if BoG literally meant 'very start of game' Hunter, then he would be fodder to almost everyone on the wiki.

He doesn't even start the game off with weapons, much less the things he has that make him formidable in the first place.

There is a change though, the very fact he gets additional resistances is one.

BoG is an inaccurate key if you're gonna call it that, just have it as Pre-Amygdala (or Pre-Nightmare) then if that's what it is because half the game is not beginning of game.

What I'm saying is, that would be a pointless key to have on his profile. He has nothing at the beginning of the game.

Why would we create a key for him that gives him nothing but fists and a cloth shirt? It makes more sense that BoG would refer to him before the major amp, not before he has anything at all.

I mean no point debating it, if that's what he has here then that's fine, just saying BoG is an inaccurate term for what it details as literally half the game isnt beginning of game, especially when the game is segmented into a Bog, mid and end game via evening, night, blood moon.

But it's off topic, let's drop it.

Eh, I agree. We're straying from the topic, and it's not like discussing his key is going to change what's in it.

But yeah, this probably means Flagg can't read him. Which makes it unlikely that he would be the one to discover the Hunter's Dream first. And even if he did, getting close enough to destroy it would compromise his position, so he would probably avoid doing so anyway.

Which leaves Diavolo or Hackmon.

Also looking at Auerous, he seems bromen but his main thing is based on concentration, gonna be hard to concentrate here with several people after your head.

That is a good point.

Izzard has the potential to wreck anyone here in a 1v1, but that seems to be the drawback. 1v1 confrontation is going to be hard to come by in this battle, and concentration-based abilities do not mix well with wide-scale multi-combatant warzones like the one we'll be having here.

Someone should try and get Grossman back in here if he's not still paying attention. He seems the most knowledgeable on the character and what he can do.

We should try and find someone who has good knowledge on him. That way we can figure out what his real limits are.

I'm hesitant to simply write off a character I don't know shit about. He ought to have someone representing his case here.

I watched To aru a few years ago, but i dont remember much so my word usnt exactly solid.

Only things here I've read, watched or played is jojo and Bloodborne.

Technically to aru but that was awhile ago and Digimon but not the thing hackmon is from (which is why Dragon is needed).

The rest isn't my territory.

The main few I have knowledge on are Crowley, Flagg and the JoJo characters. I have passing knowledge on Bloodborne's Hunter, but not a wealthy amount.

I don't know a thing about the rest.

Who to you think is most likely to be taken down with him?

Also, I need to head off for a bit, but when I get back, I'm gonna see if I can locate some more supporters for the characters here. A few of these guys are looking mighty unrepresented right now, so new input from other people might give us more to work with.

He could probably take down the Hunter in single comabt... rewriting the soul or destroying it would stop Hunter's dream resurrection I think.

That being said, no one here can kill him per se. He'll just reincarnate. Which, if rebirth chambers are included in your "nexus" just means he'll come back in an hour or so. Destruction of the Rebirth Chamber wouldn't kill him either, but it would prevent him from returning in a reasonable amount of time.

You know...I'm actually starting to think one of the JoJo characters may target either Hunter or Siris first.

My reasoning for that is, the JoJo characters come from a world where (even in spite of the powers) the vast majority of their foes have been human and pedestrian in nature. Everyone else here more or less looks/dresses like normal people, but those two are wearing armor and carrying weapons. They could easily be seen as the more 'obvious' threats right from the beginning, at least in the eyes of those two. (Flagg, Hackmon and Crowley will probably know better.)

The only problem with that is, both of those two have Type 8. And the Hunter's resurrection is close to immediate.

Diavolo wouldn't, epitaph let's him know better plus his paranoid nature, he wont fight unless he knows their abilities (like Giorno, he was pissed he showed up because he didn't know his powers in detail so he didn't fight him among other reasons).

Kira maybe.

Hunters ressurection is almost immediate, probably like 5-10 seconds tops (which is within epitaph constant range). Kira though may fall for it but if he uses SHA he won't be in their range. And can focus on other stuff. So maybe Kira. Diavolo no.

That reminds me. I have a question about Diavolo's Epitaph.

Is he capable of moving and performing actions at all while he's using it? Or is he stuck sitting in one spot while he stares into the future? I don't remember him actually fighting while his precog was active, but admittedly it's been at least two years since I read through Vento Aureo.

He can fight and move while doing so, he used it wgen fighting Nero, he spammed the shit out of it sporadically in the end of Part 5, even when being chased and shot at from a multitude of angles, perfectly dodging everything and skipping time to avoid all attacks despite not even looking at them.

Also used it withi erased time against GER to see if he was gonna successfully rip a hole through Giorno (he did do it, bad GER and his High 3-A powers was like nah dude piss off, nothing ya do will ever reach reality from now on and then Diavolo got offed).

If ya want scans I can provide few.

Nah, I'll take your word for it.

Is there any sort of pause in between the times he can use it, or can he just use it again literally one second after it runs out?

Never mentioned or implied to have any cool down of sorts like Jotaro's time stop.

Same goes for time erasing, he can spam it.

Here's one scan, it was on the profile so it was easy to grab. Edit: Scan won't piss off, it's on mista's page if ya wanna see it.

Good lord, resize that thing. It's making me have to scroll sideways just to see the whole scan.

Yeah, I saw that.

Tbh, I've decided I'm just going to reset this thing at a later date. It seems to have fallen apart towards the end here (what with the original representees of each character disappearing without backing up their people), and the thread has gotten so long that backtracking is going to be a chore for anyone new who comes along.

I'll set up a new thread once I have time on my hands again.

Mostly meant the people who suggested Hackmon and Izzard.

I also haven't had as much time to keep this thing going this week, so that's probably part of why the conversation has stagnated until now.

But yeah, I think a reset will do this royale some good. Might also find a couple more characters when I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back