• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ask a few questions about EtG Hunter in a moment, but first I'm going to go ahead and provide my insights on some of the characters I know well

Flagg:

-Despite his arrogance, he has no problem opening up with hax instead of fooling around, especially when facing people he doesn't feel the need to keep alive.

-He can read minds, and when he does so, he is able to access memories. (Which means he would very likely have his own intel on the other combatants and their abilities if he were to survive for any real length of time)

-His powers would probably null animal transmutation, since he can just shapeshift back into himself like usual. (Or use his magic while in animal form, which he has done before)

-His ability to travel between universes would mean that BFR (I only see one character with this option at the moment) won't work on him, not unless they have the foresight to send him somewhere instantly fatal like a pit of lava or something.

-The old 'kill him as a baby' option won't work on him either. After his birth to his demon/goddess parents, he was placed in Mid-World, which is basically like Gallifrey from Doctor Who (I think that's the analogue I'm looking for...) in that once you're there, you can't go backwards in time, only forwards. You would also have to be able to traverse across the multiverse in order to reach Mid-World in the first place.

-He's extremely crafty and more often than not prefers to use brains over brawn. Definitely would not be at the forefront of the fight, not intentionally.

-He's going to be really hard to hit unless someone decides to take him out immediately, since he can turn nigh-invisible, turn animals into clones of himself, shapeshift into other unrecognizable forms, teleport (which he has used to avoid harm in the past) and cause guns to misfire if they're used on him.

-A good number of his durability-negating hax can be used on multiple people at once.

-Despite all of this, he's still arrogant. And while he has shown some resistance to mind-hax (he regularly uses an artifact that has a habit of mind-haxing its user), a certain fight towards the end of the novels proved that he can be overpowered mentally if his opponent is stronger than him in that area. He also has shown no soul resistance.

Kira:

-He's easily one of the smartest people here, as well as one of the most careful. (Usually)

-He has the advantage of being able to lay traps that others cannot see.

-Like most other prominent JoJo characters, he's shown many ways to use his powers creatively and as such would be fairly unpredictable in this fight.

-A fight like this would most definitely cause him to think on his feet, especially once shit hits the fan.

-He has a very strong pedigree as far as his victories in-universe are concerned. He faced a good variety of foes in Part IV and more or less came out on top against most of them, even in spite of their advantages over him.

-Sadly, he's at least as overconfident as Flagg tends to be, if not more so. And with no resistances, he's one of the biggest glass cannons here.

Crowley:

-Like the other two above, he's shown to be very crafty and cunning, as well as ruthless in terms of what he'll do to win.

-His first priority has always been self-preservation, and he puts a lot of effort into maintaining that. He's rarely ever reckless.

-He can possess animals, meaning he has a means of remaining underneath the others' notice here. (Most of them, anyway)

-Like Flagg, he can teleport, and has used this ability in direct combat situations to avoid attacks. He can also teleport people's weapons, items, etc. into his hands.

-He can turn invisible, and remains unheard while doing this as well.

-He has at least one ability that also works on multiple people, as he was shown rendering everyone in a diner unconscious in a moment.

-He's one of the few villains in this lineup who isn't plagued by moments of PIS in-universe.

-Unfortunately, his memory manip is something he doesn't usually do while IC. He's one of the people here with no resistances (that I can remember, anyway), so he's yet another glass cannon. Also, while he has a lot in his corner as far as his tactics go, the one thing he's never shown is patience, and he has something of a temper.

All of these three have more things going for them that I haven't mentioned yet, but this should be a good outline of where they stand in this battle.

Anywho, my questions on EtG Hunter were:

-Offensively speaking, is there anything legitimately threatening she can do without her weapons? (Since Flagg, Crowley and a couple of others can potentially take those weapon-based advantages from her)

-How well can she fly? What's the extent of her flight?

-Is there a limit attached to her time stop abilities?

-What is the extent of the 'ranged attacks' she can reflect?

I'll ask something else later if I can think of anything. I dunno anything about her, but she seems impressive. Definitely looks like a firm candidate for victory here.

Without them? I guess punch people, although she has literally guns even in her boots, so taking away all the weapons is kinda problematic. I'm serious.

She has a jetpack and a pair of wings, she can dodge danmaku attacks while flying.

Aged Bell is 4-5 seconds iirc, the Super Hot Watch is passive and works as long as she doesn't move (although this is more of a strong time slow)

Bullets, beams and energy attacks from people who are 8-C+ to baseline High 8-C.

Alright then. That seems like enough info for me right now. Just from what I'm reading here, I can definitely see her lasting quite a while in this thing.

Damn, this royale really does seem close...

Huh, I had not seen the edit at first. The flight doesn't have a time limit. Although she does have more maneuverability with the wings than the jetpack

That's good to know. Thanks.

Also, just edited the OP. The battle is officially on.

It's about time for me to head out, but I'll be back later on to check on everything. I personally have no clue who's going down first, so I'm curious to see what reasoning everyone comes up with for that.

Jedah - Will abuse Duma's Gift, Will spam Mogalls, Will Teleport people away from him if he does not feel like dealing with them (He did this once when he was about to take Celica's soul, he teleported her entire party away, Will rarely use soul manipulation (I mean, unless we want to say Duma wants sacrifices or they're running low on Witches and Cantors...) as he only used it once in-game, Will make good use of the Animus Ring by copying the range of whoever he's fighting (or whoever attempts to attack him, considering Duma's Gift)

Gharnef - Abuses Imhullu, Will use Mind Control to get someone to fight for him (Did this to Tiki in Shadow Dragon/Book 1 of Mystery) but he won't use it much

well the only one that can see kira's attacks are diavolo but IC diavolo is super scared and crazy on not being seen so he will always try to evade everyone as much as possible time skip is nutty in a lot of ways

We should also take into account that Jedah will start off by mass producing Mogalls, who will then also start mass producing Mogalls, so and and so on, all of which will be fighting for Jedah (although there are definitely going to be a few that get mind controlled into helping other fighters) and they will only go away once killed (but then Jedah...or even one of the many Mogalls can just make another) or Jedah dies (which will get rid of all of them)

Or in other words

7.8/10 too much Mogall

I do agree that Jedah has an advantage as far as bringing others into the fight. The Mogalls may not be resistant to hax (from what I can see on their profiles), but they'd be problem on their own regardless.

I do have a question about Duma's Gift, though. Is the 'only the 4th attacks work' specific to anyone who tries (i.e. each person/thing needs to attack four times), or will four separate attacks from four separate people be enough to harm him?

Any 4 attacks, they don't have to be towards the same person, they just have to be towards Jedah

The first 3 attempts will just be negated, the 4th will actually be able to work

Would it? If he erases the action it should be fine. Didn't he do stuff like that in series? Or am I remembering wrong.

But shit now I'm doubting myself.

I'm... pretty sure Diavolo can't do that forever

But...High 8-C FE is getting upgraded to 8-A anyway, so Gharnef and Jedah should probably be removed

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Replace with Banjo kazooie and Godzilla.
I don't see Banjo & Kazooie lasting very long.

Also, which Godzilla? We have numerous versions on this wiki. (And most of the ones I'm familiar with are far above 8-C/High 8-C)

I'm also certain he negged attacks like that but oh well, he sees him doing that with precog and takes him out quickly with erased time like he did to not Giorno. >8-A Or not.

>Implying I expect them to last I don't, it's the only other 8-C that isn't Gurs or jojo I can think of though.

Heusei Godzilla has an 8-c key.

I'll look into the profile in a moment.

Also, Duma's Gift likely means Diavolo will have to hit Jedah multiple times if he goes for that route of erasing time and ambushing him. It didn't occur to me before, but Diavolo's the only ones here who doesn't truly negate durability with any of his attacks, so the 4th attack isn't a guaranteed kill either.

I'm aware of that, yes. But Duma's Gift negs every attack but the 4th that comes his way. A character (or multiple characters collectively) would have to swing at him four times just to be able to harm him with one punch.

Not trying to downplay Diavolo or anything. Just letting you know what he'd be dealing with if he chose to confront Jedah directly, even after erasing time to give himself an opening.

I'm aware of it, I've played Echoes. But why can't Diavolo swing his fist 4 times? And Diavolo can attack in erased time, he does so near the end of Part 5 when he skewers not Giorno.

True enough on both accounts, but what's the likelihood of him swinging four times right away while IC? He has no prior knowledge of Duma's Gift, and the most his precog would show him is his attack being negated once he tries to kill Jedah.

Also, as a question on Jedah himself (hopefully JSW is still paying attention), what are the limits on the Animus Ring? Does it copy the range of the attack that hits him? Or does it simply copy the attacker's maximum range with anything once he's been hit?

He can see not just the furst few attacks, he could see his first attacks getting negged and his 4th one working or alternatively see his attacks get negged but see other attacks after his work on him and thus deduce, hey the 4th one works.

Not that it matters though, Jedah ain't here any more.

Fair enough. I should probably take Gharnef and Jedah off the list at this point, what with the impending upgrades and all.

Shame, really. They both seemed like strong contenders in this matchup.

In any case, FE has been taken off the roster. The people left now are the Hunters, Kira, Diavolo, Crowley, Flagg, Hackmon and Izzard.

My guess? He'd need to either use it on a bystander (which is unlikely to happen) or get close enough to use it on one of the other combatants. (which is even more unlikely to happen)

If he does manage to activate it, however, it'll give him a leg up over the others, since he'll have seen at least some of their abilities by the time he gets it off, and he'll be fully aware of what's going to happen within the next hour after he does it. Problem is, whoever he turns into the bomb is going to have that advantage too. (Though they won't realize it immediately)

Yes but that at the very keast incapitated every other person here just about since only Diavolo can't be rigged with BTD (which is bad, it meabs he'd likely get offed unless he sats ut and erases that) and verse equalization doesnt go so far as to make everyone here a stand user

It would generally still become a matter of whether or not he can even use it. From what I can see, the biggest weakness Kira has in this fight is that BTD (which is his best power) has pitiful range compared to everyone else here, and isn't guaranteed to connect with any of the other combatants. At least one of these characters can fly, two of them can teleport across ridiculous distances (with one even being able to spy on others from across an entire country after doing so), two can stop time, one has precog and is actively immune to BTD, and one can create an infinite distance between himself and Kira.

BTD is a major advantage for sure, but the question is whether or not he can catch anyone with it.

What do ya mean? BTD has infinite (Well maybe not that but it's range won't be an issue here except maybe the literal infinite distance) range.

He has to touch someone in order to turn them into a bomb in the first place.

Everyone on this list has a means of avoiding that.

Yeah, the explosion itself would reach everyone. I was just saying that he needs melee contact in order to have that option, which is unlikely to happen against this lineup. Probably could have worded that better, tbh.

@Monarch: We just fell to a deficit of two combatants, so I can add him if you want. He seems like he can contend with the others here in some capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back