• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 1, Match 4 (AGAIN): Shinobu Kocho vs Killua Zoldyck

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
How many matchups in this tournament are going to be remade? Anyways, @UchihaSlayer96 had to replace Gaara, and his choice was Killua. @Veloxt1r0kore will be using Shinobu.

Chimera Ant Arc Killua will be used.

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place in Swordsmith Village.

Shinobu:

Killua: 4 (Nierre, AnonymousBlank, Razor, Popted2)

93bed0645004fdba395c90cc7388ff14.png

OIP.ORtAsy0DEAzIE5UyXG-EqAHaEK

Last edited:
Nen Crush gg
Nah for real lol, umm, I guess I'll start by laying out what Killua usually does in character.
He mostly attempts to blitz his opponents, and either knock them out using pressure points, or kill them if he's in assassin mode using his claws.

He also Instinctive Reactions and enhanced reflexes while using Whirlwind (basically the original Ultra Instinct XD). He also has access to pretty impressive Electricity manipulation. He can electrocute opponents on contact, or shoot out lightning bolts at them. His lightning can also somewhat negate durability and paralyze MUCH stronger opponents.

He's an extremely skilled martial artist, and has disgusting pain tolerance as he's been tortured since childhood by his family.

He also has very high resistance towards poisons, as he's been subjected to every poison known to his family to build up his tolerance to them.

I'll wait for the Shinobu people before voting.

I contacted people who're knowledgeable on Demon Slayer so we can have a more balanced debate.

I don't know much about Killua but Shinobu scales to this 1830.26404146 (Massively Hypersonic+)

She can resist a LOT of punishment before die, but I wonderhow Killua is better at cqc and also his speed.

Yeah I don't think shinobu is doing anything here from just reading UchihaSlayer's post above, So killua can paralyze her in contact, Is skilled in CQC, Has better reactions and senses, Resists poison, And he has long range options that paralyze too? Shinobu gets stomped

Instead of switching characters, I'll just give Killua the automatic win and advance him to the next round, if that's okay with everyone else.

It would depend on killua's resistance. also I don't recall regular demons resisting poisons but douma had a res iirc

Seeing as he has built up immunity to every poison his family (of top tier professional assassins) knows of, he would definitely have crazy resistance. Anyone know what poisons HxH has in the verse and their potency/feats?

Also there's still the problem of her poison not working on characters that aren't demon right?

I disagree with Killua's lightning negating durability; it doesn't do significant lasting damage, though I agree that it causes paralysis and pain. Rammot was able to tank Killua's lightning early on, but it still caused Rammot pain.
0191-011.png
0191-014.png

Demon Slayer characters have history dodging lightning, and Shinobu is particularly fast among the Pillars so should be able to close in even if Killua decides to use lightning.
0122-018.png
0122-019.png

0123-018.png
0123-019.png

0144-017.png
0144-018.png
0144-019.png

Whirlwind and Speed of Lightning gives Killua a really good advantage, but he is unlikely to use them at the beginning of the fight. Killua can't use his electric abilities for long, and he needs to manually recharge afterwards by absorbing real electricity (such as from the wires of an electrical sockets), and since he runs out before he realizes it seems that he can't tell exactly how long he can use his abilities. So Whirlwind would be his trump card rather than something he opens with.

Shinobu has a sizable AP advantage: +70.1 Tons vs +22.13 Tons.
So she can overwhelm Killua's defense early on and score critical stabs.

Shinobu's pain tolerance is nothing to sneeze at.
0142-014.png
0142-015.png

Don't think poison will play a big role due to Killua's resistance.
There isn't a statement that Shinobu's poison carries doesn't affect normal humans, but I'd say it is likely some do. She uses different wisteria-based poison compounds for each demon so it affects them even if they adapt to an other wisteria-based poison, and her sheath is capable of switching between various poisons; information about poison used against demons is telepathically shared and they adapt in advance.
She uses extremely potent poison compounds not just typical wisteria; for example anti-demon paralysis poison that affects a normal demon for half a day can be shrugged off by Upper Moon 6 within moments.

I disagree with Killua's lightning negating durability; it doesn't do significant lasting damage, though I agree that it causes paralysis and pain. Rammot was able to tank Killua's lightning early on, but it still caused Rammot pain.
0191-011.png
0191-014.png

Demon Slayer characters have history dodging lightning, and Shinobu is particularly fast among the Pillars so should be able to close in even if Killua decides to use lightning.
0122-018.png
0122-019.png

0123-018.png
0123-019.png

0144-017.png
0144-018.png
0144-019.png

Whirlwind and Speed of Lightning gives Killua a really good advantage, but he is unlikely to use them at the beginning of the fight. Killua can't use his electric abilities for long, and he needs to manually recharge afterwards by absorbing real electricity (such as from the wires of an electrical sockets), and since he runs out before he realizes it seems that he can't tell exactly how long he can use his abilities. So Whirlwind would be his trump card rather than something he opens with.

0142-014.png
0142-015.png

There isn't a statement that Shinobu's poison carries doesn't affect normal humans, but I'd say it is likely some do. She uses different wisteria-based poison compounds for each demon so it affects them even if they adapt to an other wisteria-based poison, and her sheath is capable of switching between various poisons; information about poison used against demons is telepathically shared and they adapt in advance.
She uses extremely potent poison compounds not just typical wisteria; for example anti-demon paralysis poison that affects a normal demon for half a day can be shrugged off by Upper Moon 6 within moments.
Is your vote for Shinobu?

0191-011.png
0191-014.png

0122-018.png
0122-019.png

0123-018.png
0123-019.png

0144-017.png
0144-018.png
0144-019.png

0142-014.png
0142-015.png

Killua's lightning are contact based so you'd have to say that killua can't tag shinobu at all for her to just dodge it, and once she does get hit by it she gets paralyzed which is a free win for killua, Killua's pain tolerance should also be higher since he gets tortured since childhood meanwhile shinobu has felt this caliber of pain once.

The issue is whether he can tag her without being stabbed by her superior AP. And it is not like Shinobu is going to wrestle with him or not use her sword's reach advantage for Killua to get a free contact. If Shinobu saw him use electricity she'll likely go for hit and run tactics as well.

He's still hella resistant to poison AND has immense pain tolerance, so she's fighting an uphill battle

Killua is skilled and just as fast as her, Her sword can't keep him at a distance for long and saying that he cannot hit him or make contact with her at all is just ridiculous, And once he makes contact, shinobu gets paralyzed, One contact is all it takes for killua to win
The issue is whether he can tag her without being stabbed by her superior AP. And it is not like Shinobu is going to wrestle with him or not use her sword's reach advantage for Killua to get a free contact. If Shinobu saw him use electricity she'll likely go for hit and run tactics as well.

It would also be ridiculous to say shinobu can attack and jump back before killua can touch her, For that to happen shinobu has to be faster, but she isn't, she can't keep on using the hit and run tactic for long, If she lunges for killua, killua moves his hand and touches her he literally wins. this is a stomp. The math is basically, Two character with the same speed and skill (actually killua might even be more skilled) but the other can paralyze the other combatant with a touch

Also before anyone points out shinobu's resistance to paralyzation. The paralyzation she resists is due to aura and she coulda just resisted the aura itself not paralyzation, so it wouldn't work here, I'd also suggest that instead of changing just killua, I think shinobu has to get out of here as well since without her poison, she's just a nimble glass canon, but the speed part gets negged here due to speed equalization, she might be too underpowered for the rest of the tournament

Also before anyone points out shinobu's resistance to paralyzation. The paralyzation she resists is due to aura and she coulda just resisted the aura itself not paralyzation, so it wouldn't work here, I'd also suggest that instead of changing just killua, I think shinobu has to get out of here as well since without her poison, she's just a nimble glass canon, but the speed part gets negged here due to speed equalization, she might be too underpowered for the rest of the tournament
Don't tell me I have to remove a character for being too weak...

Can't we just eliminate Shinobu and advance Killua to the next round?

Well depends, does the majority of the characters in the tournament resists his paralysis hax?
Characters like Gene are extremely mobile and evasive in combat, and other characters with ranged attacks can probably find a way to keep distance.

Back