• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 1, Match 4 (Remade): Gaara vs Shinobu Kocho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t CE Sasuke have the same issues as Gaara? He is as big strong and big tough compared to the rest of the tourney like Gaara but comes with precog and good skill instead of auto defense.
Not really. The only problem I see is precog. Sasuke is more skilled than Shinobu but not nearly enough to be compared to a literal auto defense mechanism.
They're both very fast and acrobatic so I can actually see this fight going either way. If she manages to hit him with poison, then if she can manage to not get hit by any fatal hits then she could take it by wearing him down. But if he's able to somehow beat her before the poison fully incapacitates him then he could beat her.

Not really. The only problem I see is precog. Sasuke is more skilled than Shinobu but not nearly enough to be compared to a literal auto defense mechanism.
They're both very fast and acrobatic so I can actually see this fight going either way. If she manages to hit him with poison, then if she can manage to not get hit by any fatal hits then she could take it by wearing him down. But if he's able to somehow beat her before the poison fully incapacitates him then he could beat her.
Are you talking about Sasuke's first key?

Are you talking about Sasuke's first key?
I was referring to his second. Though my point still stands even for the first. The only difference (which are pretty major) between the first and second key are that the second key has Chidori and Curse Mark whereas the first key has none of them. I think it's best to use the second key cause Shinobu still has the AP advantage even with his amps.

I was referring to his second. Though my point still stands even for the first. The only difference (which are pretty major) between the first and second key are that the second key has Chidori and Curse Mark whereas the first key has none of them. I think it's best to use the second key cause Shinobu still has the AP advantage even with his amps.
The Second Key which Trashed something an over 5× Amped Rock Lee couldn't? Sure.

The Second Key which Trashed something an over 5× Amped Rock Lee couldn't? Sure.
What? I'm just talking about what's on the profiles. Plus Chidori literally only hit Gaara cause he was just standing there. Shinobu will just dodge it. Since iirc Chidori is really hard for him to control, and he can only move linearly with it.

What? I'm just talking about what's on the profiles. Plus Chidori literally only hit Gaara cause he was just standing there. Shinobu will just dodge it. Since iirc Chidori is really hard for him to control, and he can only move linearly with it.
It also amps his Speed while using it and with the insane Reaction Amp that the Sharingan gives Sasuke compared to his Base thanks to it's Precog good luck dodging that shit.

1. Sasuke's first key should definitely be used here. 2nd key might be a bit too much for the tournament.
2. Yes, I'm making a new thread.

It also amps his Speed while using it and with the insane Reaction Amp that the Sharingan gives Sasuke compared to his Base thanks to it's Precog good luck dodging that shit.
Unless he plans on using it right in her face, there's no reason why she couldn't just jump up in the air or jump back or do both at the same time. Just because it's a speed amp doesn't mean she has no way of moving out of the way. Mind you even if she does get hit by the Chidori, she has been through about the same amount of damage, if not worse:
"Despite being mortally injured with a pierced lung and losing a large amount of blood, stating that she is unable to breathe or stand up, being encouraged by the ghost of her sister alongside her awakened rage allowed her to surpass her limits, leading her to blitz Doma and pierce through his neck"

Before we make any advances, can someone confirm if Sasuke's 2nd key is too much for the tournament?
I mean he hurt Gaara more than Lee could ever do so he pretty much One-Shots everyone else since he can make Gaara go on to his Hands and Knees, huffing and Puffing despite his Sand Armor and Sand Shield. The Sand Shield required him to use the Chidori, but everything else was just with punches and kicks without even using his Sharingan.

Yeah, 2nd key Sasuke's too much. He exceeds the AP limit of 82.5 tons.

1st key it is!

I'll be making the thread now.

Sorry guys, I was a bit busy lol.

Uhh, yeah Chūnin Exams Sasuke's a bit much for sure. And Sasuke/Naruto may indeed be overused.
From Naruto, I guess an interesting character would be Shino (Which I think someone suggested earlier). He's very underutilized, but he's really cool. Not too OP, but definitely not weak either.
He can control insects that can eat their opponent's chakra. He can also make clones out of the insects. Might be cool to see the bad boy get some action.

Outside of Naruto, I guess maybe Gon or Killua?

Sorry guys, I was a bit busy lol.

Uhh, yeah Chūnin Exams Sasuke's a bit much for sure. And Sasuke/Naruto may indeed be overused.
From Naruto, I guess an interesting character would be Shino (Which I think someone suggested earlier). He's very underutilized, but he's really cool. Not too OP, but definitely not weak either.
He can control insects that can eat their opponent's chakra. He can also make clones out of the insects. Might be cool to see the bad boy get some action.

Outside of Naruto, I guess maybe Gon or Killua?
So is Shino your choice? Or is it Gon or Killua? I was actually in the middle of making my Shinobu vs Sasuke matchup, but I'll adjust it if you don't choose Sasuke.

Which is ******* bullshit since he's literally stated to be the strongest opponent Gaara has ever fought on multiple occasions.
What? I'm literally looking at Gaara's profile. His first key scales above Sasuke (for being one of the strongest opponents in the chuunin exams). Sasuke only has one feat, which is the crater from his Fireball Jutsu. Sasuke and Gaara scale above that. If you have a problem then take it elsewhere not here. No idea how it's "******* bullshit" when it's right there on the page.

What? I'm literally looking at Gaara's profile. His first key scales above Sasuke (for being one of the strongest opponents in the chuunin exams). Sasuke only has one feat, which is the crater from his Fireball Jutsu. Sasuke and Gaara scale above that. If you have a problem then take it elsewhere not here. No idea how it's "******* bullshit" when it's right there on the page.
Because the Part 1 Profiles and Keys are horrendously outdated. Ask literally anyone who knows anything Naruto and they'll tell you that Sasuke ******* folded Base Gaara.

Because the Part 1 Profiles and Keys are horrendously outdated.
That isn't my point. We use what's on the profiles. If you have a problem then make a CRT. What other feat would even be used to replace that crater calc anyways? There aren't much in the chuunin exams iirc but i wouldn't know.
Ask literally anyone who knows anything Naruto and they'll tell you that Sasuke ******* folded Base Gaara.
I'm aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back