• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 1, Match 4 (Remade): Gaara vs Shinobu Kocho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being consumed =/= being injected into the bloodstream, real life venom is usually one or the other. For example, snake poison is safe to drink. Plus, wisteria isn't deadly anyway, it's just gonna make you sick.
I concede the poison playing a role then. If it did it will likely take hours for symptoms to appear.

Uh, no? That's not the default assumption and KnY aura never works on people who wouldn't have a very real reason to be afraid of the user, as far as I know.
From the Fear Manipulation page:
It should be noted simply terrorizing the opponent either by authority, strength or demeanour only would qualify as Social Influencing, as Fear Manipulation would allow the user to inflict fear regardless of these factors.

Technically they would have a reason to be afraid, since being affected by the aura is a sign that they are significantly weaker, but this does not mean that the aura affected them because they previously figured out that they are weaker.

To be honest that "Shinobu can't cut necks" shit is the most ridiculous thing in the verse apart from Demon Tanjiro

She literally managed to cut Doma's body open and throw him against the wall
I'm pretty sure that this was Shinobu piercing Doma and pushing him against the ceiling. Her sword is designed to pierce and inject poison, so I don't think that she can slash with it well.

tbf a demon's neck is the toughest part of its body
From the Fear Manipulation page:
It should be noted simply terrorizing the opponent either by authority, strength or demeanour only would qualify as Social Influencing, as Fear Manipulation would allow the user to inflict fear regardless of these factors.

Technically they would have a reason to be afraid, since being affected by the aura is a sign that they are significantly weaker, but this does not mean that the aura affected them because they previously figured out that they are weaker.
uh, the fact that we list it as Fear Manip doesn't change how it actually works. It's literally just flexing your power to the enemy, and basically every skilled combatant in KnY manages to ignore it anyway

Yes, no real difference. If you know the scene you know what I'm talking about, you don't need "Urh, it's not a wall, it's a ceiling".
It still means that you were inaccurate and pointing that out was the purpose of my comment. It makes no difference to me how significant you find the difference between a wall and a ceiling.

Great inaccuracy, completely changes the context of the sentence
It means that you remembered some of the details wrong. That's something worth pointing out if you are going to use something like that as the basis of an argument.

Dudes we aren't even talking about the fight anymore, can we either go back to that or determine whether Gaara is fine for this tournament?

It means that you remembered some of the details wrong. That's something worth pointing out if you are going to use something like that as the basis of an argument.
... But It wasn't even an argument, man

And literally **** it. It's simply an irrelevant detail that changes nothing in the context of the sentence.

... But It wasn't even an argument, man

And literally **** it. It's simply an irrelevant detail that changes nothing in the context of the sentence.
Okay, if it wasn't an argument, then it probably wasn't that relevant though I still felt like making a correction here, so I did.

Hehehe, I was too late.

To add to this point, the Sand Armor that withstood attacks from 4th Gate Lee was actually directly stated to be far less durable than the automatic sand shield.
Considering that the 1st Gate alone is a 5x multiplier, a legit case can be made for the Sand Shield to be 8-A, since 1st Gate Lee would be around 93 tons.

But yeah, anyway, Gaara FRA.

dura negation is also a way... but if It this resistent and just so many few ways to bypass it... could LS help?
Yeah I think LS would help bypass Gaara's Sand Coffin and Crushing Sand. Most of Gaara's finishers involve engulfing his opponent in sand and crushing their limbs, so LS should definitely be a major help.

I guess Gaara might be a bit too overqualified for the tourney then......

Maybe replace him with someone less oppressive like Neji, Naruto, Sasuke, or Lee?

Optimus was booted out so there's just one with Class M, and I haven't even checked if he's higher than Gaara

Yeah base rock lee scales above chunnin exams sasuke who has a 18.52 tons calc, and the first gate is a 5x multiplier which would make rock lee 92.9 tons. and gaara's shield was able to withstand attacks from first gate rock lee
I mean, wasn't it argued his shield's dura is 90 tons?

Last edited:
Yeah base rock lee scales above chunnin exams sasuke who has a 18.52 tons calc, and the first gate is a 5x gap which would make rock lee 92.9 tons. and gaara's shield was able to withstand attacks from first gate rock lee
Yeah, we should replace Gaara with someone else.

Neji could probably work, 64 palms get thrown out the window due to the chakra system being very specific but he still has the byakugan and the palm rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back