• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B Tournament: Path to the Throne

Alright, people, let's chill.

Have another image of Mont Saint-Michel, the battle location, instead
52833015_2522091817819575_4671529116317515776_o.jpg

Sixteenth-Finals Round 1 - Tatsumi vs Pupitar
If y'all'll forgive my bringing it up, but this match has made me wonder about Tatsumi.

From the OP:
  • Low to low-mid hax allowed. No one-shots, no one-move victories, no BFR.
    • If a hax is higher, it shouldn't be passive or in-character at the very least, and if it is defensive, it should not make them completely unkillable. Treated on a case by case at the organizer's discretion

From my experience in that debate, he has very potent Reactive Evolution, & Accelerated Development/Reactive Power Level, where he can develop resistance to abilities within the same fight after being affected by them once, & go from being at a statistical disadvantage, to being far higher, if not able to one-shot his opponent himself, as well as making himself faster.
Even if an AP cap limits boosting above the tournament's limits prevents Tatsumi getting strong enough to one-shot foes, it seems like he has a lot of potency to just Speed Blitz.

Does he fit the criteria for the tournament as a Low to Low-Mid Hax character?

Sorry if anyone minds my asking this, especially midway through the tourney; I only learned about this last night.

At least with Pupitar, you can simply restrict the ability up to the max tier cap which means it’s really only allowed to use its buffs twice.

Same can’t really be said about Tatsumi since it appears the RE passively activates, especially since 9 of these characters are weaker than him in AP which can lead to unfair matches.

I only know that if Tatsumi had the bad luck of facing Eizen, he would literally not be able to even see his opponent so there are several counters to him

And I can´t see how is he gonna evolve to literally develop a new power system that his series lacks

At least with Pupitar, you can simply restrict the ability up to the max tier cap which means it’s really only allowed to use its buffs twice.

Same can’t really be said about Tatsumi since it appears the RE passively activates, especially since 9 of these characters are weaker than him in AP which can lead to unfair matches.
doesn't seem so since in the entire debate they made clear that he can freely utilize up to 6

also your Pupitar is not so much worse than mine since even without the buffs he still has other ways to counter opponents
I only know that if Tatsumi had the bad luck of facing Eizen, he would literally not be able to even see his opponent so there are several counters to him

And I can´t see how is he gonna evolve to literally develop a new power system that his series lacks
well thanks for the info

you know after some thinking, i wish to retire from the tournament

right now i don't have the mental energy to these kind of battles, especially when both opponents are this haxed

i would like to focus on other matches etc

i hope you guys understand this, and good luck for everyone

may the best fighter/debater win

Alright her then

45.977483986615681033 Megatons
How about her instead?

right now i don't have the mental energy to these kind of battles, especially when both opponents are this haxed

Rest well. Sorry for any bother.
I look forward to your return.

Last edited:

A little unfortunate, but understandable. Thank you for your time. Rest well!

Is he? His immortality/resurrection isn't combat applicable, he won't have relics, and the soul manip doesn't seem to work against others

Back