• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Ninth round of the 7-B Brackets begins! Winner of the last round was Razor Queen.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Yamcha, nominated by Kazuma kuwabara, and Bazett Fraga McRemitz (Fate/Kaleid), submitted by FateAlbane.

23rd Budokai Yamcha is used. Bazett starts with her Rune Enchantments. Speed is Equal, Battle takes place on the roof of Yamcha's House, 30m apart.

Yamcha scales to 97 MT, Bazett backscales from 7-A if I'm not mistaken (Someone link the Fate 7-B+ calc if I'm wrong).

Yamcha - 1 (Kazuma)

Bazett Fraga McRemitz (Fate/Kaleid) - 5 (Iapitus, Starter, Monarch, Beast Zero, Rot)

Incon -

Punch Incoming
800px-Yamcha found dead

Kazuma sent me their vote ahead of time:

Kazuma kuwabara said:
My opinion:
So,I don´t know nothing about fate,so I will talk about what Bazett´s profile says:

1: She has a tendency to simply charge in and use her rune-enhanced defenses and offense to deflect minor attacks and parry stronger attacks with her fists. This is not possible when Yamcha is an expert martial artist,pupil of Master Roshi who at the time,is one of the best martial artist of the world,capable of training people like Krillin,a person who was bullied when he was training in the Orin temple,but was able to defeat the same bullies after trainning with roshi with no difficulty

Yamcha started training with roshi after Fortuneteller Baba saga ,he had trained with roshi for 3 years and at the end of King Piccolo saga,he alongs Krillin and Tien shin went to train with Korin,who is Roshi´s master

His maximum demonstration of skill is being able to impress Kami,who should be at least comparable to popo who stomped kid goku,so if Bazett literally charge in a battle,thinking she can "parry" a martial artist with 1 decade(He trained himself when he was a bandit) of self-training and at least 6 years training under the best martial artist of the world and the teacher of the best martial artist of the world,she won´t beat Yamcha with that tactic,specially because...

2:I can´t find the exact AP of Bazett,but Yamcha is stronger than Piccolo using his explosive demon wave ,attack calculated to be 97 megatons ,almost 7-A if i am not wrong,so she is probably weaker but not too much because she is also city level + like Yamcha

3: Fragarach can only be used against an opponent's strongest attack, which makes it useless against opponents with well-rounded, powerful abilities,So yamcha has the kamehameha,his wolf fang fist and the spirit ball,,one if his special "combo" move using only punches,one is his most powerfull energy beam and the other is his unique technique,use as something very difficult to dodge,I don´t know if the kamehameha will trigger Fragarach because almost all this attacks are powerfull enought to be consider "well-rounded"

4: Bazett resurrection is a pain in the ass,but only if she is skilled and powerfull enought to be a threat to Yamcha in the first place

5: Magic and Ki can´t be equalized,I read that magic has to be obtain by reaching the root (This needs explanation),Ki is life force and Dragon Ball has characters who can use magic like Piccolo or the new character Moro,so the limited usage of magic in Dragon Ball similar to the concept of magic in Fate,where only a few ones can use it,this means that bazett can´t use his magic defense to counter abilites like the Kamehameha,perhaps this is why his strategy is to be a tank and try to parry attacks using his magic resistance,this is useless againts Yamcha

So,my vote is for Yamcha,but only under the premise that Bazett is not as skilled or strong as Yamcha and because her tactics doesn´t work against this type of opponent

First, yes "Magic" involves reaching the root, but Bazet isn't using Magic, she's using magecraft. Pretty sure Ki in Nasuverse is just a type of Od, which is just nascent magical energy, so I'd say the magic resistance would work fine against Ki attacks.

Good thing I reworked a lot on the Kaleid profiles ^^

Also I think Ki can be considered a type of Od as well seeing as Li's No Second Strike can affect Servants or mages with magic circuits and still f them up with ki...I think?

Although my searching hasn't found anything directly saying that Ki is just a form of Od, the description of Od is essentially identical to Ki - both are just life-force energy. So magic resistance should be equally effective against Dragonball's Ki as against Nasu's magecraft.

First thing I gotta point out is that Bazett doesn't use Magic but Magecraft. Small distinction to some but a very big one. Magecrafti s done with a few different sytems of enacting mysteries but they all run an od/mana/prana. Od is magic energy from the soul, Mana is magic energy from the world aroun them and Prana is some combination of the two. Not sure on the specifics of Ki but if they are equalised, Bazett will resist every Ki based energy attack and walk out of them with no issue since she is able to tank mountain level magical explosions point blank and not even have her suit be ruffled..

For the AP, its pretty simple as Bazett scales from stomping other City+ characters who are back scaling from 385 megatons.

Skill wise, Bazett managed to low diff both a bloodlusted Cu Chulainn and EMIYA on separate occasions, though slightly weaker than their stay night counterparts. Their skill includes one being so skilled he can warp cause and effect while the other was a Counter Guardian (a being that spends eternity fighting beings/threats that cause the extinction of humanity). She also no diffed Kuro who has most of the experience of EMIYA, all his powers (including his precog) and even some extra stuff like combat applicable teleportation. Just to hammer the point home even more, Kuro is able to fight and overpower Miyu with pure skill while the latter was using Saber Install which grants better precog than EMIYA's and also out stats him by a good amount.

1. Skill is definitely impressive as far as a martial artist goes, but she is a master of not only martial arts but also magecraft. Keep in mind that Bazett can keep up with some of the most skilled people in history via her skills and magic. I'm pretty sure she would be more skilled by her combo, if they are comparable

2. I am also trying to find the exact tier but they keep circling back in on themselves

3. While he is well rounded, the other two are more technical while the Kamehameha is more destructive by a bit iirc, so it would activate on that

4. She probably is. We will know once we find what she scales to

5. Already addressed, but they can be equalised

As for scaling on Bazett, it's what Blank said + punching through Illya's barriers (which are A-ranked and can tank stuff like Caladbolg III and a corrupt Kaleid Caster's magic bombing, which are probably more or less the same as what normal Caster's magecraft tier is at).

That's about as far as I can say for where her standing is at.

To be fair, Yamcha is still bordering on 7-A and is no slouch in H2H skill himself. Once he realizes his Ki attacks aren't working he'll just engage Bazett in a fistfight. He can still use his Ki defensively, fly, and use afterimages to put off Bazett.

That put I'm still leaning on Bazett due to her skill feats, just laying out some arguments in favor of Yamcha since Kazuma can't respond atm.

Dargoo Faust said:
To be fair, Yamcha is still bordering on 7-A and is no slouch in H2H skill himself. Once he realizes his Ki attacks aren't working he'll just engage Bazett in a fistfight. He can still use his Ki defensively, fly, and use afterimages to put off Bazett.
A friend told me that, Yamcha only had flight in DBZ not in DB.

Big oof if he can't do it in this key, although he's still pretty agile.

Flight is irrelevant since he can't harm her with range and she has fought High 7-A creatures that can fly before.

Edit: @Qliphoth

With what you are saying, we should just put her at solid Mountain level (something I was for in the revisions) lol

Just to be clear, I vote Bazett. In combo with what I said above, she is pretty solidly more skilled if their fighting styles are even comparable. If Yamcha fires off a Kamehameha then she wins via Fragarach. She is also backscaled from mountain, so she is pretty close to him as well, if not more powerful. Her ressurection is only the cherry on ton

As well as Blank, I'll hold off to see what Kazuma has to say.

And I was a bit doubtful if Kamehameha could be considered enough of a final/ultimate move, but eh.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
As well as Blank, I'll hold off to see what Kazuma has to say.
And I was a bit doubtful if Kamehameha could be considered enough of a final/ultimate move, but eh.
It really depends on how much force a user puts into it. A kamehameha could range from Goku's car-breaking one (His first Kamehameha) to Universal ones (Goku's Godly Kamehameha).

I meant more the fact that it's obviously more powerful than his run of the mill punch to the face, but NPs tend to be in a different tier from the Servant altogether. Fragrach doesn't matter against Caster because her NP is no finishing move, and all her Magecraft is in a rather similar level.

@Blank: I mean I guess XD

She is pretty tough and she DID tank Chloe's Triple Linked Crane Wing like it was nothing so there's that. And the thing of the barriers was Bazett had to reinforce her blows more with it, although I forgot if I thought of putting it as likely instead of possibly.

(Shrugs)

Anywho, I don't really have much thought with the matchup sans other than it coming down to a fight of skills.

Yamcha - 1 (Kazuma)

Bazett - 4 (Iapitus, Starter, Monarch, Beast Zero)

Yamcha - 1 (Kazuma)

Bazett - 5 (Iapitus, Starter, Monarch, Beast Zero, Rot)

Yamcha - 1 (Kazuma)

Bazett - 7 (Iapitus, Starter, Monarch, Beast Zero, Rot, Weekly, Phoenix)

Grace begins. I would like to leave this open for a bit so Kazuma can respond, but I might post the next round since they won't be back till tomorrow.

So,if Bazett is not using magic but Magecraft and her skill is comparable to the the servants so then she can compete with Yamcha

But I disagree with Fragarach,this ability is activated when someone use his most powerfull attack,but what happens if the attack is a chain of punches? Or being hit a lot of times with the same move? That are the cases with the wolf fang fist and the spirit ball,they rely on continous damage and the kamehameha is one wave of energy,so there is 2 cases:

If Yamcha use the kamehameha and the attack is 7-A for being stronger than any of his casual punches and stronger than just one hit of the spirit ball,it will activate

If yamcha use the kamehameha and the attack is not 7-A but the maximum output possible of 7-B,Fragarach won´t activate because is not more powerfull than the spirit ball in that case

How people can say that Bazett has more skill? Yamcha trained with a person with centuries of experience,Roshi is capable of fighting with beings stronger than him using just his experience like he showed in the tournament of power, Yamcha survived one month in the wildness and this was in his 9-B key when animals are dangerous and dragon ball world´s animals are even stronger than their real counterparts

Yamcha was able to fight a invisible man using his senses and he was winning before Baba started singing just to mess up his senses

Yamcha was able to fight Tien shin han in the 22nd world martial arts tournament,at this point,tien shin han was more powerfull than his master and Yamcha was able to damage him https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3u3p9u

This means that Yamcha is stronger than master Shen,who is the rival of master Roshi,Roshi is stronger but this means that yamcha is on equal feet a guy with only 3 years of serious training,and this is before training even more with Korin

I need to see a video of Bazett fighting,because i am trying to search the names of the people bazett defeated and EMIYA is from fate/grand order and this bazett is from another Fate/kaleid,I don´t t understand the differences between differents incarnations of the same character in fate

How can a guy warp space with skill? That is a ability...

Another thing,people said that Yamcha can´t fly but Krillin in his fight against Piccolo Jr fluse that ability to not be ringed out,I am totally sure we can scale this feat to Yamcha when everyone is able to flight in this tournament,Goku use it at the end to defeat Piccolo with a headbutt

Being trained by somone with great skill doesn't make you as skilled as them and Roshi is canonically much more skilled than any of the other Z fighters.

Also being able to damage someone doesn't mean anything for skill nor does being able to sense an invisible dude

and Bezett scales to characters that are so skilled they gained precog trough it and characters who have completly mastered martial arts and swordmanship

Back