• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Wasn't Zabaniya one of the first things Shinji did? If so then I guess Bazett just Fragarachs him when he tries to use it on her

He used it on Sakura, a helpless girl (at that moment).

Then he got it cut off.

It's not that he wouldn't have used it, it's that he couldn't.

And at that moment he was fighting some maybe 9-Bs as a 7-A. In fate lore terms, he was a servant fighting masters.

What he did is the same as Saber trying to Excaliblast Rin. Or Cu using Gae Bolg's curse to end Shirou. Or, moreso, Heracles using Nine Lives on Shirou.

He was fighting what was essentially unarmed toddlers compared to his power and he used his most powerful attack against them to show off.

Granted it got cut off, but I don't think he'd just go off to abuse his NP without a thought. He was acting like an idiot and Shirou answered really well, but Shinji was still doing things like sending his cables to catch his weapons or leaving them behind to act as him and strike Shirou from behind.

He's a surprisingly competent fighter.

That doesn't change that his first move is to just Zabaniya.

The one time we see him seriously fight, yes, he is indeed surprisingly competent during the main portion. However, he still starts with Zabaniya, even against masters.

Realitistically, we don't know how much he would have used Zabaniya aganst someone who is roughly equal with him because the one person he fought who was roughly equal to him started with cutting it off.

Even if he doesn't start with Zabaniya, Shinji isn't as skilled as a sealing designation enforcer, and the instant he does pull Zabaniya, he dies. So either he gets punched to death by a very angry irish woman with no money or he gives love a bad name and gets shot through the heart.

His only real options would be to either beat her in a straight fight, or to goad her into using all of Fragarach's ammunition before he uses Zabaniya and hoping that doesn't also kill him. Neither of which is happening.

So yeah, votes don't change. At least mine doesn't.

I'm not sure if saying he'd "start of with" is the correct word when he was specifically sent to kill Sakura and afterwards didn't use it at all.

Granted, the real reason he loses so bad is that he's shitty at using his presence concealment until his last Gambit, the poor idiot. So yeah, Bazett ***** him up with pure skill.

That said, saying Shinji isn't as skilled as a sealing designation person is selling Bazett too high. Shinji fought against Shirou with Emiya, who then went and beat all other participants of the war. He losses here because upfront combat is still not his strong suit, while Bazett ***** people on his level without problem.

Isn't this a stomp? Bazett bodies him if he doesn't use his hax but his hax gets him a Fragarach to the heart. The one wincon provided was to bait out the Fraga ammo which requires intel he doesn't have. If this doesn't count as unlikely af, I dunno what does.

Shinji should have the skill advantage assuming his Hassan spirit is even a bit comparable to cursed arm. If he can out skill, that's a wincon

Hsi spirit is different from Cursed Arm and he still wouldn't have the skill regardless considering Bazett no diffed Cu and Archer and can get through GoB spam to land an otherwise killing blow on a blackened and bloodlusted Gil.

I think it shouldn't fall into stomp. He should have a chance if he actually acted like an Assassin and didn't just use his trump card where she can plainly see it.

But something to keep in mind, I think, is that if I remember right, Bazett was affected by that Hassan who transmutes your brain to blackpowder and was seemingly able to do nothing. If Shinji actually tried taking her by surprise he'd have a chance, he simply isn't gonna.

I agree with Lance. It's not that he can't win, he can.

It's just that he's too much of a seaweed brain to use the methods that would let him win.

RIP Wakame.

Back