• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B Brackets Round 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Twentieth round of the 7-B Brackets begins! I've skipped round 19 as it was abundantly clear that it would have been an AP stomp. These fighters may have made it past the first set of rounds, but how will they fare against other winners?

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified or got stomped for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Arzo, nominated by WeeklyBattles, and Razor Quee, submitted by The real cal howard.

7-B Arzon is used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place in this desert.

Arzon scales to 42 Megatons, Razor Queen turns 31 Megaton characters into gore.

Arzo -

Razor Quee - 3 (Cal, Iapitus, Zack)

Incon -

Arzon-0
RazorQueenAmorphousRender

Welp, considering the lack of abilities Razor Queen has as well as being weaker and less durable then Arzon, she stands no chance here. Arzon actually has many ways to kill the Razor Queen. Danmaku, weapon creation/mastery, you name it. I will be voting Arzon because of this, and unless anyone can try to prove there are ways Razor Queen can have a higher chance of defeating Arzon, my vote STAYS Arzon.

To be fair, Razor Queen reduces a 31 MT characters to gore, althogh if I'm not mistaken Arzon is unharmed by 40 MT and can amp himself as well.

Nah, Arzon ain't unharmed by the 42 MT feat. Probably wouldn't say he scales above it either and instead just to it. That was Savy's best feat.

But yes, he can indeed amp himself.

Ah, gotcha.

If anything, then, Razor Queen has a pretty high AP advantage, although Weekly brings up the aformentioned amps.

Arzon has the AP advantage though...

Razor Queen is an unknown amount above 31 megatons Arzon is 42 megatons and has AP amps on top of it

I should probably explain what the Razor Queen can do.

The only part of her that can be hurt (within reason) is her core, the giant ball right under her front limbs.

Uses spike danmaku almost always. Passively drops spike mines that explode dozens of spikes omnidirectionally each, can turn into a spike Gatling Gun, lay burrowing worms that pop up and rip you in half, lays larvae that turn things into Biters, can summon Biters (which Arzon can one-shot unless they fuse into Horrors), and uses all of her limbs in battle. And every one of those one shots 31 MT characters. Technically, she casually splatters characters that can one-shot the player too (like Greys and Horrors), but I'm not sure to count those.

That, summoning, Creation, and corruption should be on her profile, but I was a bit of a newbie when I created it.

Spike danmaku gets countered by wind danmaku and wind shields

Worms get countered by flight

Biters get oneshot

Flight is a major boon.

Biters do get one-shot, as even the Player one-shots them, but she can summon a nest of up to 500 and they can fuse into Horrors, which well...

Amorphous-plus-deaths-horror-splattered
They do this to the aforementioned player

WeeklyBattles said:
Biters get oneshot
"And every one of those one shots 31 MT characters"

42 Megatons isn't that much higher than 31.

Hm, if cal says the biters are one-shot by Arzon I must have misread his comment, whoops.

The real cal howard said:
That, summoning, Creation, and corruption should be on her profile, but I was a bit of a newbie when I created it.
If you link the scans here and people don't take issue with it I don't see any issue with you updating the profile.

Like I said, Biters get one-shot, as while they have the AP to one-shot the Player, they don't have the durability to survive the same attack. Their gelatinous body gives them the means to withstand the AP of their attacks, which is why they're glass cannons. The non-glass cannons in Amorphous are the Oozle, the Grays, the Horrors, the Amalgams, the Grinders, the Sharps, the Fuzzies, the Red Queen, and the Razor Queen.

How I see the match is if Arzon gets into close range, he's as good as dead. But if he stays at long range, and especially if he stays in the air, he has a chance.

Which is hard to say, as Arzon sometimes exclusively uses ranged attacks but at the same time typically goes in for melee brawls just as often.

I mean if he goes typhoon rage or wind dance or both there's not much the Razor Queen can do even if he goes melee range

Even with staying long range, he'd have to remain in the air, as he's not going to know about the razor mites that are underground, especially with all the other action going around.

Btw, if Arzon only flies for the match and carpet bombs, he'd win. The only thing the Razor Queen would be able to do is fire spike bullets and spike balls, which while deadly, kinda take out her ground options.

Another thing. Given that the Razor Queen can hook herself into the ground, wind might not be too effective.

WeeklyBattles said:
I mean if he goes typhoon rage or wind dance or both there's not much the Razor Queen can do even if he goes melee range
He'd still have to hit at the right angles to avoid the blades and hit the core.

I mean, unless he lifts the ground alongside Razor Queen IDK how that would get past it being rooted in the ground.

Also, I don't think I've emphasized how insanely the Razor Queen scales above the player.

• Grinders are completely invincible to the player. Anything the player does to a Grinder can't dent it. Period. He could swing at it forever and nothing would happen. The upgraded weapon is the Razor Glaive, which is simply the limb of the Razor Queen. Coming off the inferior AP of the player, and the weapon is already weaker due to it coming off of a dead thing, it takes two swings to literally splatter a Grinder.
  • The Razor Queen doesn't need to attack the player. It turns around and if they player is in the way, there's nothing left to bury, as there's nothing but chunks of meat where heused to be.
  • Grenades, which evaporates the player if he's in range, only minorly inconvenience the Razor Queen (and that's if it hits the core). The Box Gun can also one shots the player if he's caught in the crossfire. They deflect off of the Razor Queen's limbs, and can't hurt it in its turret form.
The Razor Queen is also just...straight up big. You see the size of its front limb? In game, that alone is about 1.5x the size of the player's sword, which in itself dwarfs the size of the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back