• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B Brackets Round 22

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Twenty-second round of the 7-B Brackets begins! I have also skipped round 21, as Bazett has been disqualified due to the Fate CRTs underway. These fighters may have made it past the first set of rounds, but how will they fare against other winners?

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified or got stomped for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Maokai, nominated by Rocker, and Gintoki Sakata, submitted by Velox.

EoS Gintoki is used, Speed is equalized, battle takes place in a depopulated Beach City from Steven Universe, 30m apart.

Maokai has a 18 megaton feat, Gintoki has a 30 megaton feat.

Maokai - 4 (Pixel, Weekly, Rocker, Jackythejack)

Gintoki Sakata - 7 (Shiroyasha, LSir, Paul, Dragonmasterxyz, Litentric, Bambu, Crimson)

Incon -

Totemic Maokai
Sakata.Gintoki.beer

It seems Gin is stuck with melee range using his sword which is a big advantage to maokai here with his multi kilometer range. Maokai can also dodge any of Gintoki's attacks by going intangible. He can overwhlm him by having explosive saplings and wooden constructs attack Gintoki from every direction while just sitting back.

Dargoo Faust said:
Pressure Points, from what I can gather.
Then that wont work on Maokai since maokai is basically a very large animated tree. An dmaokai can dodge all his attacks via intangibility anyway. Which is why my vote is for maokai.

Gintoki's range is misleading/outright wrong, lol:

• Magiklin: Wide wave of energy sweeps away his enemies, does not have a powerful destructive potential.
  • Sharm Green: Energy surrounds only one enemy inflicting little damage
  • Femeli Fresh: Unknown, probably similar to the attack, "Green Sharm"
  • Mama Lemon: The owner surrounds himself with a powerful aura of which are emitted by one or two energy blasts
  • Kamikaze: The strongest attack in the crossing of two such attacks, it creates a huge column of energy, height of several hundred meters and a blast capable of destroying a third of the size of a fortress city
It should easily be in the range of kilometers like Maokai, someone should go fix that.

The stands he can summon (Which are invisible to Maokai) also have ranged attacks, and each have their own gig/abilities.

Also any perception-based skills Maokai has cause him to view a false illusion of Gintoki, meaning they backfire and give Gintoki free hits.

I mean, yeah, even if I didn't fix the range SBA would place them within range of each other.

Gintoki can also probably halt Maokai's growth and regen with the Altana sword.

Gintoki's AoE blasts would do serious damage to Maokai considering they hit him all at once and have a slight AP advantage.

I'll message Velox to comment here as I'm not too knowledgable and it isn't listed under Notable attacks.

None of the stands have the ability to get through Maokai's Intangibility and Maokai can also use wooden constructs to block other attacks in his stead.

Dargoo Faust said:
Gintoki's AoE blasts would do serious damage to Maokai considering they hit him all at once and have a slight AP advantage.
If he sees it coming he can just go intangible to dodge it.

I mean, yeah, but he can't spam intangibility from what I'm aware of nor attack in that form.

And his intangibility does leave vulnerable parts to AoE energy-based attacks as it is mostly Logia intangibility.

Nothing says he cant do it consecutively. And he does not need to spam it, as long as he uses he normal constructs to block most attacks and uses his intangibility to dodge big aoes he would be fine.

He turns into essentially a spiritual form with maybe a few planty bits to him, so any damage he take when in that form is extremely insignificant.

I don't believe he spams it in-character, though. That and he can't attack while intangible so he'd have to go tangible at some point, leaving him vulnerable. If I'm not mistaken Gintoki can actually summon spirits that should be able to harm that form with his stands.

Yeah I forgot to counter that point he can in fact attack in that form. And his spaling can attack for him as well since they are sentient.

WeeklyBattles said:
He CAN spam it in character and he uses it to attack actually
When has he ever abused it like that in-character?

And it does in fact leave plant parts behind Gintoki can still obliterate, which I doubt Maokai could consistently recover from.

And again Gintoki's spirits should be able to interact with it regardless.

@Dargoo Against the majority of creatures he fights on a daily basis

Mao can heal and regenerate so those being destroyed wont hinder him much if at all

Mao can hit intangible and incorporeal spirits so they wont help much

And no, Mao's intangibility is not logia intangibility, it is total intangibility with a few plants around him

Regenerationn Negation to a degree astronomically higher than Maokai's regen, Maokai wouldn't be able to grow back any parts he loses.

Logically they should be able to hit him back while Maokai's intangbile too.

Which is why I want to know how the regen negation works.

He would it is called healing via magic. He can regenerate any of his lost limbs.

WeeklyBattles said:
And no, Mao's intangibility is not logia intangibility, it is total intangibility with a few plants around him
"which temporarily transforms him into a cloud of plant matter and magic"

Gintoki shouldn't have any issues attacking the former.

And again I see nothing suggesting it's spammed.

Rocker1189 said:
Which is why I want to know how the regen negation works.
He would it is called healing via magic. He can regenerate any of his lost limbs.
While I am unaware of the mechanics, it can negate Mid-High regen, which is >>>> regening lost limbs.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dargoo
This is his intangibility

Looking at it he doesnt even turn into plant matter just a dark cloud
That has an incredibly short duration and he becomes tangible right after it's finished activating, meaning he would be vulnerable to attack right after he uses it.

I'm quoting the profile. Perhaps it works differently in the lore/story?

Dargoo Faust said:
"which temporarily transforms him into a cloud of plant matter and magic"

Gintoki shouldn't have any issues attacking the former.

And again I see nothing suggesting it's spammed.
Again the plant matter is completely inconsequential even if you hit them, you would not be doing any relevant damage to Maokai.

The healing sytopped him from being killed via death manipulation which is>>>>>> regen negation.

Rocker1189 said:
The healing sytopped him from being killed via death manipulation which is>>>>>> regen negation.
What?

That isn't even relevent. Gintoki's regen negation works on people who can come back from being reduced to dust/ashes, which is absurdly higher than whatever Maokai can pull off. Coming back from death doesn't make his regen any more potent and doesn't make it get negated any less.

@Rocker Looking at Mao's current Twisted Advance, the description on the profile needs updating, he only turned into plant matter before his update now he just turns into a cloud of magic

Rocker1189 said:
Excuse me what

You can't regen from being death manipulated so that's either resistance to death manip or resurrection

Rocker1189 said:
In a game of course it is short lasting...
Then show it being used in the lore and we'll use that timeframe; otherwise we assume it has that duration, which still gives Gintama plenty of time to attack.

Skills/Abilities having a duration is perfectly normal.

@Dargoo No, Rocker is right, its only short lasting for gameplay balance. Allowing your opponent to hit you from across the map with every attack would be severely unbalanced lol.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo No, Rocker is right, its only short lasting for gameplay balance. Allowing your opponent to hit you from across the map with every attack would be severely unbalanced lol.
We use whatever is shown. If the ability doesn't have that limitation outside of gameplay and in lore, sure, but we can't assume it can somehow be used indefinitely when it has clear limitations when used normally. So either get me a scan of him using it for a longer duration in the lore or we use that.

I could use the same logic and say Reaper can go intangible indefinitely alongside any other game character that had cooldowns and make them far more powerful than what they actually show.

Stuff having limitations isn't gameplay, it's perfectly normal for practically anything.

Back