• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B Brackets Round 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skull - 11 (Wright, Rebuble, Iapitus, Psycho, SBBXeno, Velox, Ovens, Dragon, Rot, Schnee, DontTalk)

Arzon - 3 (Weekly, Cal, Litentric)

@Weekly: Unless said wind barrier is passive, problem not really solved. It would just hold him off briefly, while exhausting Arzon even more by having to continously supply the power to defend against attacks.

So he has two unquantified amps. Subsonic to Supersonic is enough of a gap to say that Skull Wave can still deal with that.

AoE isn't the issue in itself. If he spreads his power of a large area it will be weaker. If you wish to cover a large area or volume with power, each part only gets a fraction of said power.

One skeleton of Skull Wave has City level durability. If you wish to annihilate all of Skull Wave's bones in one single attack you will need hundreds or thousand times the power necessary to break a single skeleton, not even taking into account the damage spread. One could say he might just have a thousand defense, but he has a million HP.

Even if he launches multiple such extremly large AoE attacks, broken bones are still bones. If the attack just breaks them, the volume in itself doesn't decrease. Not to mention how detrimental such attacks and super forms should be for his stamina.

Skull - 10 (Wright, Rebuble, Iapitus, Psycho, SBBXeno, Velox, Ovens, Rot, Schnee, DontTalk)

Arzon - 4 (Weekly, Cal, Litentric, Supwa)

Arzon doesnt need to supply power to it to the point of exhausting himself, the only thing that exhausts him is using Typhoon Rage Mode too long and even then he can rejuvenate himself with his healing potions

Tphyoon = Speedblitz someone faster than himself. Wind Dance = Speedblitz someone as fast as himself. Typhoon + Wind Dance = Gonna need explicit proof that Skull can avoid this speed amp.

So Ksull gets weaker if he spreads over a large area? Isnt that a good thing for Aron?

Skull Wave scales from a 30 Megaton feat does he not? Arzon scales to a casual 42 Megaton feat and has beaten people who scale above it.

As i said above, if he exhausts himself he can rejuvenate his stamina himself with his potions

WeeklyBattles said:
Thats it? Then what stops Arzon from just constantly oneshotting everything Skull throws at him?
For the last time, a 5.6x AP difference isn't enough to one-shot.

@Dargoo Typhoon Rage Mode can stomp 42 megaton characters sooooo...

Fine then what is stopping Arzon from very easily destroying everything Skull throws at him?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Typhoon Rage Mode can stomp 42 megaton characters sooooo..
I feel like you're using the words "Stomp" and "One-Shot" too liberally. While Typhoon Rage Mode certainly amped him and helped him close the match swiftly, keep in mind this is already after Arzon and whoever he was fighting had exchanged blows for a while, and wore eachother down.

DontTalk suggests Arzon runs out of stamina, which seems plausible to me.

If Arzon runs out of stamina he just drinks his potion and rejuvenates

The guy is casually 42 megatons in his base form and can stomp 42 megatons in his transformed state, a wide number of 7.5 megaton attacks isnt going to be enough to put him down

And I assume he doesn't have an unlimited supply of these potions. I also assume Skull, who is familiar with healing potions wouldn't let Arzon take a break to sip on a drink.

Again with 'casually' and 'stomp'. The move you're talking about was a finisher that looked like it took a lot of energy from Savy.

Personally I think Arzon takes this, though, I just think Skull outlasting him is a wincon.

He has two, ans Skull likely wont be in any condition to stop Arzon if Arzon actually uses up enough energy to have to need to drink one

WeeklyBattles said:
the only thing that exhausts him is using Typhoon Rage Mode too long and even then he can rejuvenate himself with his healing potions
The fact that he collapsed after the 1.5 minute equivalent of Massively Hypersonic+ combat when making extensive use of his wind powers speaks a different language there. And that was without using either of the high grade techniques you mentioned, as far as I can tell.

Even if we assume that each speed amp sets him an entire speed tier higher, that would be like Skull Wave, being Subsonic, fighting someone transsonic. Skull Wave should have no problem with Ileana's sound based attacks and, as said, neither with Beatrice speed amp for defending against bullets and bomb shrapnel. So he can deal with transsonic and supersonic stuff. Now without quantification I don't buy the blitzing trope even being equivalent to a higher speed tier, so I would say Skull Wave can deal with that.

Potions assumes he gets the chance to use them and that they don't get broken. And even then it depends on the amount of potions. Skull Wave was a legendary adventurer, I doubt he would not try to prevent potion use.

6x Ap gap is nice, but as said that will do damage, but not cause complete destruction. The AP gap means, that Arzon can at most destroy a Skeleton wall that is 6 skeletons thick, or in other words destroy 6 7-B dura skeletons worth of bones with an attack. If he attacks a wall made out of 20 skeletons his attack would leave considerable damage, but not break through. Skull Wave has hundreds to thousands of those and broken bones can be reused. Arzon will not easily break through the defenses here.

>1.5 Minutes

Im not sure what video you watched but there are 5 minute long fights including Rage Mode activation where Arzon doesnt collapse from exhaustion

Thats not how it works though. Skull has a set limit as to the speed tier above him at which he can fight, Arzon's is higher to an unquantified level but it is beyong what Skull has shown to be able to keep up with.

Arzon has two potions and in all of his fights he has never broken either of them. Skull is going to be in no condition to stop him if Arzon actually expends enough energy that he actually needs one.

If Skull trues to use a wall of skeletons then Arzon would likely opt for his danmaku wind attacks like this each shot carrying the same AP and destroying, by your math, 6 skeletons, with Arzon's danmaku having several hundred shots. That or Arzon can just blow all the skeletons coming at him away by using an omnidirectional wind blast. Or just fly out of Skull's range.

Does Arzon have any big aoe attacks? If he does I dont see how Skull wave is meant to outlast him with that AP gap.

The majority of his attacks are Aoe, with his Aoe ranging anywhere from several dozen meters to a few kilometers, and they can be formed both around himself and projected away from himself

WeeklyBattles said:
The majority of his attacks are Aoe, with his Aoe ranging anywhere from several dozen meters to a few kilometers, and they can be formed both around himself and projected away from himself
Link some examples?

Then I really really dont see it. H has high Aoe wind attacks what exactly is skull wave meant to do about that?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo
This enough?
A few of those maybe get into the dozens of meters range and go a bit over 100m, but none of them go into the hundreds of meters or kilometers range.

Most of them are just a bit over a dozen meters.

Skull - 9 (Wright, Rebuble, Iapitus, Psycho, SBBXeno, Velox, Ovens, Schnee, DontTalk)

Arzon - 5 (Weekly, Cal, Litentric, Supwa, Rocker)

I suppose. I don't really think Skull takes this but there is a sizeable chance Arzon uses one of his trump cards, fails to kill Skull Wave, and overexterts himself.

Arzon can fight for several minutes of using constant wind attacks without over exerting himself, and as I've said before he can drink drinkable portion to revitalize himself if he does manage to use up too much evergy

Skull Wave fought similarly powered people at once without tiring; DontTalk would have to explain for the length of time. It's also possible Skull Wave doesn't get physically tired via being undead.

DontTalk explained already that Skull Wave is familiar with potions and wouldn't give Arzon the oppertunity to use his.

What's more likely to happen IMO is that Arzon starts wearing himself out after trying to individually target the skeletons/bones, before going all out with his amps and doing a massive AoE attack. At that point if Skull survives, he wins, and if Arzon breaks Skull's gem, he wins.

IMO the later is more likely given Arzon's superior range, although it cuts close.

Skull using bones to elevate himself to wherever Arzon is flying.

Oh yeah, Arzon has Low-Mid regen, Skull's bones giving Arzon small wounds wondering to much to hinder him

Regen =/= Stamnia most of the time, with Stamina being the primary reasoning behind DontTalk's vote.

Skull - 9 (Wright, Rebuble, Iapitus, Psycho, SBBXeno, Velox, Ovens, Schnee, DontTalk)

Arzon - 6 (Weekly, Cal, Litentric, Supwa, Rocker, PhoenixStorm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back