• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Fifteenth round of the 7-B Brackets begins! Winner of the last round was Lord Vile.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Dante (DMC Reboot), nominated by Theglassman12, and Natsu (Soul Calibur), submitted by JackytheJack.

Speed is equalized. Battle takes place in this fun-looking location.

Dante scales to 9 Megatons, Natsu backscales from 7-A.

Dante (DMC Reboot) - 6 (Psycho, Rebuble, Phoenix821, Starter, CrimsonStarFallen, Wright)

Natsu (Soul Calibur V) - 6 (Litentric, Dragon, PhoenixStorm, Crimson Azoth, Iapitus, Jacky)

Incon -

Natsu.(Soul.Calibur).full.679757
Dmc-top

Well, Dante quickly stops time and tries to do a quick blitz before time runs out and kills Natsu. Not to mention he is smarter. Voting DMCR Dante.

SC 7-Bs backscale from 7-A, so I guess they're baseline 7-B+. With that in mind, Natsu has an AP advantage around 6x, which is really good. However, she has nothing major in terms of abilities, while Dante has two Stat Amps to make up for a strength disadvantage & Gravity Manip to keep Natsu in the air, open for his attacks.

Voting El Donte.

Discount Dante - 4 (Psycho, Rebuble, PhoenixStorm, Phoenix821)

Dante's Failed Edge Clone FRA, though I'd love to hear the counter to this.

It claims it runs out briefly after according to his profile. Not sure how long exactly.

Discount Dante - 6 (Psycho, Rebuble, PhoenixStorm, Phoenix821, Starter, Crimson)

Briefly? Because with a 6x AP and dura advantage, having only a 'brief' time stop doesn't seem like enough to actually kill Natsu in that time. Especially if he stops time as she, say, disappears for a teleport. I highly doubt his stat amps can fully, or even halfway, cover such a large AP and dura advantage.

I'm also going to wait for Jacky.

I think it says it's in character for him to use it. But if it doesn't last that long, then it's not very helpful as he'd hardly do any damage.

Also, his stat amp seems to come from dodging attacks. Which isn't guaranteed given Natsu's skill. And even his gravity manip where he causes his opponents to float can be countered by Natsu simply teleporting back to the ground.

Outside of that, he seems to have some versatility with his energy and wind manip. But Natsu also has things like fire and energy manip.

Natsu should win due to AP alone. Dante's stat amp doesn't read like something that comes even close to doubling his stats. And as it's reliant on a dodge against an opponent whose at least as experienced and as skilled as he, he's unlikely to pull it off so simply.

While I'm still waiting for Jack, for the time being, I'll vote Natsu for the fact that she has a counter to his gravity hax, his stat amp doesn't seem very impressive, and the condition for its use is heavily complicated by Natsu's skill and experience, and the fact that his time stop is so brief while holding a nigh one-shot worth AP and dura disadvantage means that he won't be doing much damage to her in that very brief amount of time. All things being equal, Natsu is simply stronger here by a wide margin. And five hits, or perhaps two to three solid ones, should really be all that's required.

> Weaknesses: Dante's biggest weakness is his own personality, as he has no glaring physical ones. He is brash, arrogant, and crass.

>Time Stop comes from Devil Trigger

Yeah, Natsu fra. I don't see how this could be a weakness and him starting off with time stop and a transformation could happen.

Dante - 7 (Psycho, Rebuble, PhoenixStorm, Phoenix821, Starter, Crimson, Wright)

Natsu - 2 (Litentric, Dragon)

Dragon and Litentric bring up some very good points. Perhaps some of the peeps who voted for Dante should make a rebuttal/re-evaluate their votes?

Dante - 6 (Psycho, Rebuble, Phoenix821, Starter, Crimson, Wright)

Natsu - 3 (Litentric, Dragon, PhoenixStorm)

Dante - 6 (Psycho, Rebuble, Phoenix821, Starter, CrimsonStarFallen, Wright)

Natsu - 4 (Litentric, Dragon, PhoenixStorm, Crimson Azoth)

Wait a minute! Dante just has a majority of Natsus moves (exept summoning) plus addicional moves on his own, meaning his large set of abilities makes him able to keep up to say the least.

Well yeah, I don't think this is a stomp given how versitile Dante is, but Natsu is like six times stronger than him, and the only way Dante can amplify his strength is dodging attacks from her.

Natsu - 5 (Litentric, Dragon, PhoenixStorm, Crimson Azoth, Iapitus)

Natsu - 6 (Litentric, Dragon, PhoenixStorm, Crimson Azoth, Iapitus, Jacky)

Er, huh. I like that reasoning Litentric threw out there, so I'll switch to Natsu for his reasoning.

Dante - 5 (Psycho, Rebuble, Phoenix821, CrimsonStarFallen, Wright)

Natsu - 8 (Litentric, Dragon, PhoenixStorm, Crimson Azoth, Iapitus, Jacky, Starter, Rot)

Yeah, grace begins. I'll give it some time for Rebuble to respond before posting the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back