• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DmC: Devil May Cry scaling and abilities addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE NINJA THEORY GAME. THAT BEING SAID, SHALL WE PROCEED
So guys, I gathered some pretty interesting info from DmC: Devil May Cry comics. I'll be sharing somes scans and info I got from the DmC: Devil May Cry Chronicles of Vergil HQ. Also I'm doing thread this because I wanted to bring up a discussion about this topics so we can make a better decision regarding DmC Reboot tiering. This happened mainly because I felt some lack of discussion over this topics that involves DmC Universe/Cosmology, so in order to grant that El Donte current tiering is the mot accurate one, I'm coming with some arguments that can, possibly, give them huge buffs. Please, don't let your preconceptions about the game guide you here. Now let's move on for the topics I want to discuss...

Limbo:

Usually there is a lot of controversy around this topic, there are people that don't say Limbo is actually a universe or something like that, they say it's just a parallel dimension that is part of the human world which the protagonists can enter it, through portals, to kick some demon ass. However, I have to say that Limbo, actually, is a little bit different than we thought. To be more frank, Limbo is, actually, a whole diferent universe that lies "under" the human world/universe, it's a different dimension in the sense that is another universe itself, I'm basing this statement of mine in the information that the DmC: Devil May Cry Chronicles of Vergil, a canon HQ that shows how Vergil and Kat met each other and how he saved her from Mundus' control. And as you can see here:

eCyHZSw.png

Vergil clearly says that Limbo is a different universe. And this is not the only ocasion were Limbo, the demon underworld, is stated to be a different universe. In other occasions, troughout the comic, they make statements regarding the that Limbo and the Human World are two different universes, two different dimensions. Another interesting feat is that Mundus, who has supreme control over Limbo(by being the new Demon King), can imprison human's astral form in Limbo as seen here:

lF7OlJO.png

This kind of thing already hapenned before, since throughout the game we can see the Lost Souls, human's souls that were dragged into Limbo by Mundus, and some of his most powerful demons like Barbas and Lilith can perform such things too, since they're able to affect and control Limbo's reality in lesser degrees. He imprisons people's souls because, in order to absorb human's vitality(to amplify his powers) he needs their bodies. And Mundus doesn't imprison human's bodies alongside their astral form on Limbo, for safer minings, because humans cannot survive in the Underworld with their physical bodies,
once human's bodies are tethered to the Human Dimension/Universe. And only Psychics like Kat are able to access Plus their astral forms cannot last for too long when separated from their bodies, if they last more than some minutes in astral form they disappear, as implied by Vergil in page 24 from the first chapter. Only demons can access Limbo with both body and soul and they don't have a time limit when they're there, unlike psychics when they separate their souls from their bodies.

So far, this is all the info I've managed to gather about Limbo. I'll be moving on to the next topics for now.

Possible Upgrades/Feats:

As you can see, it's more clear than ever that Limbo and the Human World are not only different dimensions, but they're, indeed, different universes that can colide with each other causing rifts, places that share location with both places, that can be used as portals to travel between these two universes. In multiple occasions during the game Mundus is showned to be able to control not only some places, but in fact, maintain and control the whole Limbo, he's even able to create rifts to share locations among human and demon world without having to leave his tower. In the moment he got mad with Vergil when he killed Lilith, he casually twisted several city blocks of the city with Limbo. Mundus had his Hell Gate which, somewhat, helped him maintaining the Limbo's universe separated from the Living World. But the thing wasn't fully dependant on Hell Gate, since Mundus probably could just re-open the Gate again, after it being shut by Yamato, if he had defeated Dante(I'm presuming that he opened it some point at the past). However he probably didn't relly entirely on it since he is the Demon King, whose power was such that he ascended as the strongest demon thus giving him control all over the Underworld, thus being able to distort, create floating grounds and manipulating it at free will. Also, we clearly see that, even after being disconnected with the Hell Gate, he has been able to do the same things he already could do without relying on Hell Gate powers. Having all this in mind, I think it's safe to assume that, the Hell Gate, indeed, helped him keep the dimensions separated, but it didn't do that alone. It probably helped him more by granting him immortality and, anyways, Dante managed to endure damage from an enraged Mundus that was dragging power from Hell Gate. By last, Limbo is depicted as a dimension where certain concepts, such as gravity, doesn't work the same way it does on the human world. And, after Mundus' death, Limbo collapsed into the real world/human world.

I'm not sure about the tiering they can get from this, but I suppose it would be something around 3-A or even Low 2-C. The scaling chain would be something like this: Dante>Mundus=>Vergil>Lilith>Barbas. Only the strongest ones would scale up to 3-A/Low 2-C, Dante and Vergil scale because they're stronger that demons who could control Limbo universe just as Mundus could, but in a lesser degree, also they defeated Mundus. Plus, in order to defeat the Hellfire Prison demon, Vergil (algonside Kat) had to create a dimensional vortex, in order to make a black hole to swallow the creature.

Hax Additions/Profile changes:

For this part I'm pretty much sure it should be added on the profiles.

Vergil gets stats amp with his Devil Trigger,
as shown here. He got defeated by the Onyx guards(False form of Hellfire Prison) and after awakening his Devil Trigger he blasted them with no diff. The same thing should apply for Dante, since on his profile he just gets this via demon evade.

Dante, Vergil and Mundus should get memory manipulation. Sparda is not the only one that can erase his memories, Vergil can erase his memories, alongside Kat ones, too.

Also they get non-physical interaction and soul manipulation too. When Kat's astral form was in Limbo, a demon was about to kill here if Vergil didn't save her, in the same scene he is shown to be able to touch her spiritual form. In the 2° chapter Vergil managed to hit Kat in her astral form.

Since Vergil is able to damage/touch her on her spiritual form, by being a demon. So we can safely assume that if he kills Kat in that form, her soul will just dissappear. I don't know if this is just regular soul manipulation or if it can be considerated as limited existence erasure. But to ensure the argument, everytime we kill a demon troughout the game, we completely vanish it's body and soul.

The End:

For those interested in reading it,
here is the link with the official translation. These are my proposals alongside my arguments to, possibly, upgrade the verse, feel free to agree or not with it. Did this because I really wanted to talk about those that are more aknowledged with the Reboot universe about these things regarding the HQ. When commenting, please say on what you points you agree, just to make the things easier for me when checking the replies. For the moment, that's it, see you later aligator

Agree: 7 (@Ibrahem, @Lightning_XXI, @GilverTheProtoAngelo, @Oliver_de_jesus, @Vietthai96, @Tony_di_bugalu, @LordGriffin1000)

Disagree:

Neutral:

Peace :D

Last edited:
soooooooooooooooooooo this dmc isn't part of original devil may cry tho...........................................................................................?

would be cool if this some part of different universe in original devil may cry

now that you mention it, possibly because Mundus being its king, but yeah i don't see how they gonna scale to the entire Limbo
Wow, I thought anyone would comment here since the Reboot series is kinda flopped.
Actually, I assumed that it'd possible scaling them with Limbo since Mundus can control the structure of Limbo itself and maintains it alongside the Hell Gate. But what about the haxes?

soooooooooooooooooooo this dmc isn't part of original devil may cry tho...........................................................................................?

would be cool if this some part of different universe in original devil may cry
Welcome to the dark side young one.

Ye, we can basically pull a castlevania and cross scale DMC with DmC

disagree with the characters scaling to limbo's size.
there's no evidence that anyone can manipulate or control the entire structure of limbo on a universal scale, just opening portals or forcing the dimensions to merge within a small area is not enough for a 3A / L2C rating.
but i do think the realms being separate universes is fairly obvious.

i agree with the hax portion

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE NINJA THEORY GAME. THAT BEING SAID, SHALL WE PROCEED
So guys, I gathered some pretty interesting info from DmC: Devil May Cry comics. I'll be sharing somes scans and info I got from the DmC: Devil May Cry Chronicles of Vergil HQ. Also I'm doing thread this because I wanted to bring up a discussion about this topics so we can make a better decision regarding DmC Reboot tiering. This happened mainly because I felt some lack of discussion over this topics that involves DmC Universe/Cosmology, so in order to grant that El Donte current tiering is the mot accurate one, I'm coming with some arguments that can, possibly, give them huge buffs. Please, don't let your preconceptions about the game guide you here. Now let's move on for the topics I want to discuss...

Limbo:

Usually there is a lot of controversy around this topic, there are people that don't say Limbo is actually a universe or something like that, they say it's just a parallel dimension that is part of the human world which the protagonists can enter it, through portals, to kick some demon ass. However, I have to say that Limbo, actually, is a little bit different than we thought. To be more frank, Limbo is, actually, a whole diferent universe that lies "under" the human world/universe, it's a different dimension in the sense that is another universe itself, I'm basing this statement of mine in the information that the DmC: Devil May Cry Chronicles of Vergil, a canon HQ that shows how Vergil and Kat met each other and how he saved her from Mundus' control. And as you can see here:

eCyHZSw.png

Vergil clearly says that Limbo is a different universe. And this is not the only ocasion were Limbo, the demon underworld, is stated to be a different universe. In other occasions, troughout the comic, they make statements regarding the that Limbo and the Human World are two different universes, two different dimensions. Another interesting feat is that Mundus, who has supreme control over Limbo(by being the new Demon King), can imprison human's astral form in Limbo as seen here:

lF7OlJO.png

This kind of thing already hapenned before, since throughout the game we can see the Lost Souls, human's souls that were dragged into Limbo by Mundus, and some of his most powerful demons like Barbas and Lilith can perform such things too, since they're able to affect and control Limbo's reality in lesser degrees. He imprisons people's souls because, in order to absorb human's vitality(to amplify his powers) he needs their bodies. And Mundus doesn't imprison human's bodies alongside their astral form on Limbo, for safer minings, because humans cannot survive in the Underworld with their physical bodies,
once human's bodies are tethered to the Human Dimension/Universe. And only Psychics like Kat are able to access Plus their astral forms cannot last for too long when separated from their bodies, if they last more than some minutes in astral form they disappear, as implied by Vergil in page 24 from the first chapter. Only demons can access Limbo with both body and soul and they don't have a time limit when they're there, unlike psychics when they separate their souls from their bodies.

So far, this is all the info I've managed to gather about Limbo. I'll be moving on to the next topics for now.
I noticed 2 interesting things here.

First is that Mundus is a king, not THE king. This confirms there are more demon kings in the reboot timeline which will become a point against the upgrade later.

Possible Upgrades/Feats:

As you can see, it's more clear than ever that Limbo and the Human World are not only different dimensions, but they're, indeed, different universes that can colide with each other causing rifts, places that share location with both places, that can be used as portals to travel between these two universes. In multiple occasions during the game Mundus is showned to be able to control not only some places, but in fact, maintain and control the whole Limbo, he's even able to create rifts to share locations among human and demon world without having to leave his tower. In the moment he got mad with Vergil when he killed Lilith, he casually twisted several city blocks of the city with Limbo.
Mundus had his Hell Gate which, somewhat,
helped him maintaining the Limbo's universe separated from the Living World. But the thing wasn't fully dependant on Hell Gate, since Mundus probably could just re-open the Gate again, after it being shut by Yamato, if he had defeated Dante(I'm presuming that he opened it some point at the past). However he probably didn't relly entirely on it since he is the Demon King, whose power was such that he ascended as the strongest demon thus giving him control all over the Underworld, thus being able to distort, create floating grounds and manipulating it at free will. Also, we clearly see that, even after being disconnected with the Hell Gate, he has been able to do the same things he already could do without relying on Hell Gate powers. Having all this in mind, I think it's safe to assume that, the Hell Gate, indeed, helped him keep the dimensions separated, but it didn't do that alone. It probably helped him more by granting him immortality and, anyways, Dante managed to endure damage from an enraged Mundus that was dragging power from Hell Gate. By last, Limbo is depicted as a dimension where certain concepts, such as gravity, doesn't work the same way it does on the human world. And, after Mundus' death, Limbo collapsed into the real world/human world.

I'm not sure about the tiering they can get from this, but I suppose it would be something around 3-A or even Low 2-C. The scaling chain would be something like this: Dante>Mundus=>Vergil>Lilith>Barbas. Only the strongest ones would scale up to 3-A/Low 2-C, Dante and Vergil scale because they're stronger that demons who could control Limbo universe just as Mundus could, but in a lesser degree, also they defeated Mundus. Plus, in order to defeat the Hellfire Prison demon, Vergil (algonside Kat) had to create a dimensional vortex, in order to make a black hole to swallow the creature.
My points are all over the place, sorry for that.

For starters limbo collapsed upon the human world when Vergil shut the Hell Gate, not when Mundus died. You can see this in the video you posted, this Mundus isn't connected to the demon world/limbo like the original mundus is.

Another thing is that I don't see anything here is Mundus having full control or that he maintains Limbo, even more so considering that he is one of the kings of the underworld which makes me doubt his control over the full thing. I know the game says he is the strongest and the cruelest and took control but it also says that he had Sparda (his very right hand man) to help him and without sparda many more could have come which the comic supports as Sparda himself is a "powerful demon king".

I also need to point out how Mundus needed to draw power from the Hell Gate/Limbo/Demon World to do the multi city block twist. This is further proven by Kat saying how Mundus main power source is the Hell Gate/Hell and after his tantrum he gets weakened.

Another thing is that Mundus draws power from Limbo using the hell gate and it also makes his ass immortal. Upon shutting the hell gate Mundus loses powah and his immortality.

Also, Mundus has power almost beyond limit (while the gate is open).

To finalize I want to point how Mundus is getting power from the Gate when Dante reaches him, proceeds to stomp Dante's ass into the ground and almost kill him but then the gate is shut down and they are able to stand their ground against Mundus.

I would agree with a possibly 3A/L2C for Mundus with the Hell Gate/Limbo (he even stomps Dante before Vergil shuts the Hell Gate) but without it he obviously doesn't scale.

Dante and Vergil obviously scale to their current feat and Mundus without the gate scales to them. Maybe the multi city block feat Mundus does when he absorbs power from the gate could be calc'ed and be used to buff dante and vergil...

The vergil feat is in no way universal btw, it doesn't even work as a supporting feat for universal Mundus.
Hax Additions/Profile changes:

For this part I'm pretty much sure it should be added on the profiles.

Vergil gets stats amp with his Devil Trigger,
as shown here. He got defeated by the Onyx guards(False form of Hellfire Prison) and after awakening his Devil Trigger he blasted them with no diff. The same thing should apply for Dante, since on his profile he just gets this via demon evade.

Dante, Vergil and Mundus should get memory manipulation. Sparda is not the only one that can erase his memories, Vergil can erase his memories, alongside Kat ones, too.

Also they get non-physical interaction and soul manipulation too. When Kat's astral form was in Limbo, a demon was about to kill here if Vergil didn't save her, in the same scene he is shown to be able to touch her spiritual form. In the 2° chapter Vergil managed to hit Kat in her astral form.

Since Vergil is able to damage/touch her on her spiritual form, by being a demon. So we can safely assume that if he kills Kat in that form, her soul will just dissappear. I don't know if this is just regular soul manipulation or if it can be considerated as limited existence erasure. But to ensure the argument, everytime we kill a demon troughout the game, we completely vanish it's body and soul.
Most of this looks fine except the soul manip. Astral body isn't a soul and I honestly don't know how to rate this. EE is a 100% solid no. Just because they dissaper in game doesn't mean they get EE'd.

The End:

For those interested in reading it,
here is the link with the official translation. These are my proposals alongside my arguments to, possibly, upgrade the verse, feel free to agree or not with it. Did this because I really wanted to talk about those that are more aknowledged with the Reboot universe about these things regarding the HQ. When commenting, please say on what you points you agree, just to make the things easier for me when checking the replies. For the moment, that's it, see you later aligator

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

Peace :D
I honestly want to thank you for doing what most of us feel too lazy to do and give this piece of trash reboot some love

Another thing unrelated to the post, don't use other wikis as sources of information. The DMC wiki for example doesn't consider certain sources as canon or they don't even know their status, something we (******* DMC nerds that consume everything DMC related that touches this dimensional plane) actually do.

But the comic is canon aight.

Another thing unrelated to the post, don't use other wikis as sources of information. The DMC wiki for example doesn't consider certain sources as canon or they don't even know their status, something we (******* DMC nerds that consume everything DMC related that touches this dimensional plane) actually do.

But the comic is canon aight.
I see, thank you for the advice. Btw, I agree with you in scaling Mundus to 3-A/Low 2-C when connected with the Hell Gate. I just don't know how Dante managed to resist him when he was boosted by HG. This is the thing that kinda confused me when I was doing the CRT.
I honestly want to thank you for doing what most of us feel too lazy to do and give this piece of trash reboot some love
To be honest, I don't even know how I managed to read through that HQ, is terrible and totaly random. Vergil literally slaps Kat, after that she falls in love for him, they kiss each other and then when she starts to collapse because of Hellfire Prison on her mind, Vergil gets angry and one shot the freaking guards. I seriously had to control my laugh in order to get info to get more wank abilities for them. In a nutshell it's like: "Oh my god, you're a douchbag that dragged me into a life/death situation, you slap me right in the face, now I love you, let's find your brother".

But for the game, I enjoy it's gameplay a lot. I prefer DMC5 and 3 in terms of gameplay, but reboot feels sick sometimes. For the history... Well, it had a huge potential, but instead of compensating with work to shut our mouths, Ninja Theory tried to please us without changing it too much, while bullshiting the original games. I really hope they make a sequel to Reboot and explore all it's potential, but I think it won't be hapenning so soon. But well, for the rest I don't care at all if it's the classic(despite having a huge preference for it) or if it's the reboot, is DMC dude, let's just have a good time kicking some demon ass.

Last edited:
I 100% agree with Tony there, about DmC, since he sucks at Castlevania

At best, Mundus is 3-A when connected to the Hell Gate (It was powering him up + had Limbo's control/it "collapsed" on the Human World once the gate was shut down), while Dante and Vergil only fought him in comparable levels after they nuked the portal, so they wouldn't scale

Since Tony pointed most of my problems, I'll focus on my other one: the rating

While being stated to be separate, entire dimensions, from the links we can't actually say they have their own timeline while they sure have their own space (For Classic DMC it was a pain to prove otherwise), that would leave controling Limbro as Baseline 3-A. I do remember a few DMC members saying Limbo is infinite in size (and thus, scaling to it would be High 3-A), but I dunno where to find that scan

I just don't know how Dante managed to resist him when he was boosted by HG. This is the thing that kinda confused me when I was doing the CRT.
I mean, he got absolutely destroyed by Mundus. If he didn't get insta killed it was mostly because plot armor but he absolutely doesn't scale.

To be honest, I don't even know how I managed to read through that HQ, is terrible and totaly random. Vergil literally slaps Kat, after that she falls in love for him, they kiss each other and then when she starts to collapse because of Hellfire Prison on her mind, Vergil gets angry and one shot the freaking guards. I seriously had to control my laugh in order to get info to get more wank abilities for them. In a nutshell it's like: "Oh my god, you're a douchbag that dragged me into a life/death situation, you slap me right in the face, now I love you, let's find your brother".
Honestly the dialogues are so bad they are funny, I noticed a lot of stuff while looking for the scans for my comment above that are funny as hell lol. I get that Capcom forced NT to do this but they didn't help themselves with those dialogues.

At best, Mundus is 3-A when connected to the Hell Gate (It was powering him up + had Limbo's control/it "collapsed" on the Human World once the gate was shut down), while Dante and Vergil only fought him in comparable levels after they nuked the portal, so they wouldn't scale
Possibly too since he was being powered by it but we don't really know if he had all the power of limbo or just part of it.
While being stated to be separate, entire dimensions, from the links we can't actually say they have their own timeline while they sure have their own space (For Classic DMC it was a pain to prove otherwise), that would leave controling Limbro as Baseline 3-A. I do remember a few DMC members saying Limbo is infinite in size (and thus, scaling to it would be High 3-A), but I dunno where to find that scan
To be fair "timelines" in DMC are kinda like hypertimelines so its a little bit hard. For example the timeline in the OG games contains the demon world and the human world (2 space-time continuum separated from each other), another timeline is the alternative universe in the second novel and so on.

Point is L2C could probably work? Idk

I 100% agree with Tony there, about DmC, since he sucks at Castlevania

Since Tony pointed most of my problems, I'll focus on my other one: the rating

You saved me here Lightning. I was confused about their actual tier based on Limbo structure, but I think 3-A would be fine based on what he have so far.

Possibly too since he was being powered by it but we don't really know if he had all the power of limbo or just part of it.
Yeah, Possibly works better, but I don't mind full 3-A, having a source of power usually doesn't need proof about "fully scaling to it", Mundus also needed to go to the gate and have a powerup in order to do what he did, so maybe "Varies, up to 3-A with Hell gate" could also be accurate ? It seems a bit variable anyway
Point is L2C could probably work? Idk
It could, the feats have nothing going against it, really, however the burden of proof was basically "3-A, needs timeline statements to be L2C", if that's stuill true then Limbo should be just 3-A for now

It could, the feats have nothing going against it, really, however the burden of proof was basically "3-A, needs timeline statements to be L2C", if that's stuill true then Limbo should be just 3-A for now
Fair enough Light-kun. Now be ready because Void Mundus is approaching

Most of this looks fine except the soul manip. Astral body isn't a soul and I honestly don't know how to rate this. EE is a 100% solid no. Just because they dissaper in game doesn't mean they get EE'd.
Astral is just another synonym for soul. Killing souls is textbook soul manipulation.
So its fine here.

Rest I agree with Tony.

3A is fine for now... it could be low2C but I don't find that important as of yet to discuss about. I am satisfied with baseline 3A.

I'm in agreement with Tony, but about 3-A or Low 2-C, i think that feat is more of a Environmental Destruction

Energy Manipulation, projection and empowerment along with statistical amplification are dime a dozen in Reboot same as Classic.
UES is blatant in Reboot.

Once I have more time I'll count your votes. Glad to see that I managed to provide some good info ando proofs regarding El Dónte's universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back