• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Twenty-fourthround of the 7-B Brackets begins! These fighters may have made it past the first set of rounds, but how will they fare against other winners?

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified or got stomped for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Natsu (Soul Calibur), submitted by JackytheJack, and Diane (Nanatsu no Taizai), submitted by Overlord 775.

Diane has Gideon, but doesn't have Friends. Speed is equalized, battle takes place in this forest from RWBY, 30 m away.

Natsu backscales from 7-A characters, Diante scales from 71 megatons.

Diane (Nanatsu no Taizai) -

Natsu (Soul Calibur V) - 7 (Bambu, Jacky, Starter, Dragon, Crimson, Litentric, Divine)

Incon -

Natsu.(Soul.Calibur).full.679757
8badbf47d7853bface99c1ff72021841131ee5e1

Dargoo, isn't her City+ rating from the Gideon mass of rock that she created at the tournament thing? The justification is that calced at 71 megatons for PE unless I missed something.

Also, is it just me or Natsu's page feels a bit bare?

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Anyway, anyone that could fill us in on Natsu as I am a bit skeptical to believe that "Average" in intelligence or how the teleportation works?

Diane in straight up fighting seems like she'd hold the advantage with a variety of attacks that have good range, is immensely skilled in hand to hand as shown in her fight with Meliodas if things are forced to move close up, and Heavy Metal means a sizable boost in her endurance and striking power. I'd like to say submerging her in quicksand could prove useful, but need to know more about Natsu.

Dragon knows far more about SC than I. But I can fill in just a bit.

Here's a combo video that showcases a bunch of what she can do

Hopefully the video helps.

I'd agrue that Natsu is likely better in CQC. She's in a fighting game, lol. Though Dragon can expand more upon her skill than I can.

As for her go to, she normally seems to opt for CQC, and pairs that with her teleportation and fire manip. She's able to teleport while in the air as well, and it can be spammed in rapid succession. She can also pair it with a sidestep to completely dodge certain attacks. As for her fire manip, it most consists of her lighting her hands on fire and either punching her opponent in their face, or in their foot.

For quicksand specifically, I'd imagine she could simply teleport out of it. So I don't think it would be too large an issue depending on the radius.

I mean, looking at that video, I feel like her intelligence when it comes to combat and martial arts is pretty good, definitly not just average. IDK about the rest of her character, though.

Teleportation definitly helps when it comes to Diane's quicksand.

Just saying Diane w/ Gideon is only 71.7 Megatons in AP. Her durability is the same as base. So Natsu could probably one shot Diane if she really is backwards scaled from a 7-A.

Peter1129 said:
Just saying Diane w/ Gideon is only 71.7 Megatons in AP. Her durability is the same as base. So Natsu could probably one shot Diane if she really is backwards scaled from a 7-A.
What?

If Natsu could one-shot a higher end 7-B she shouldn't be a higher end 7-B, she should be somewhere well into 7-A.

Even if Natsu was 99.99 megatons she wouldn't even be two times as strong as Diane.

They should be pretty even in terms of AP as it stands.

Overlord775 said:
Her durability is listed as 7-B+ in that key
I messed that up when I was fixing the profiles. Sacred treasures doesn't increase the users durability it only increases their AP.

I'm probably gonna fix the other NNT profiles that have some minor problems like this right now.

Dargoo Faust said:
What?

If Natsu could one-shot a higher end 7-B she shouldn't be a higher end 7-B, she should be somewhere well into 7-A.

Even if Natsu was 99.99 megatons she wouldn't even be two times as strong as Diane.

They should be pretty even in terms of AP as it stands.
Diane's AP is higher than her durability apperently, so she gets one shot

Why didn't someone care to mention this earlier

I suppose Diane gets AP stomped, then? Considering Natsu can teleport into range and use ranged attacks.

Alright, I guess I'll move onto the next round if this is an AP stomp.

Apparently it's not like that, and that was a result of a mistake when applying a CRT.

Her base is effortlessly above Gilthunder's 14 megatons. There is an AP/dura difference, yes, but one shotting is not what is happening. She also takes numerous hits from Base sealed Mel and is still in good condition, Mel also being far above Gil whose feat was low effort.

Oh, good point Anonymous.

So since Diane shouldn't get one-shot, I'll leave this open.

To be fair even with teleportation involved Diane having free control over the battlefield would make landing hits significantly hard.

And Diane can still hurt Natsu with earth based attacks.

Oh yeah, it will. I just meant that Natsu can't teleport halfway around the continent to escape an attack with dozens to hundreds of meters worth of AoE. I'm actually unsure on how this will play out.

I need to really edit these files and add more detailed intellect sections.

Not much is known about Natsu due to SCV having a crap story and having her only be apart of one fight. But I digress.

Natsu is a highly skilled kunoichi who was trained by Taki herself. If we go by Taki's skill, she is able to fight the likes of Mitsurugi and match him in power and skill. Mitsurugi is a samurai who has fought many highly trained warriors during wars and has come out on top more times than not. Natsu herself is a big blank space as SCV dealt the new generation characters pretty terrible hand in order to get the tragedy that is Patroklos more screentime.

But if we go by their training match (although it was 4 of them, they all were holding back) Natsu can fight the likes of Patroklos who can fight and match the skill of Tira who is a highly trained professional assassin who could also fight and match Sophitia Alexandria who bested Cervantes de Leo in combat. Maybe that helps a bit.

Even with teleportation and skill in play, though, Diane having control over the ground under Natsu's feed will make melee combat hard for her to acheive, especially since Diane has more reach with her weapon; althouh due to being smaller Natsu should technically have more mobility with speed equal.

Normally yes but Diane spends her time smacking smaller speed equal targets so I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes.

True, I guess.

I feel like Diane has a pretty solid advantage despite her durability; Natsu is a H2H fighter who tends to stay on the ground; and someone who can make the ground underneath her a hazard that can reliably harm her while also having a weapon with greater reach makes Natsu's martial arts skills pretty useless.

She has ranged attacks, sure, but Diane can manipulate the earth into sheilds to block them and is no stranger to fighters with ranged electrical abilities.

the **** is this soul calibur natsu shit

If we're looking at this as it is, with low advantages to either side save for AP, I'd vote Soul Calibur Ninja Chick Lady Woman Natsu based on AP and other advantages mentioned above.

Even after reading what's written above I can't decide damnit!. Sucks even more because Griffon's match is next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back