• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DmC: Devil May Cry scaling and abilities addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have answered the call... "sees it's DMC Reboot" Sorry but it's a sin to speak of this game.

To be real though, I agree with Limbo being another universe and 3-A Mundus when connected to the Hell Gate. The ability additions seem fine as well.

As you can see, it's more clear than ever that Limbo and the Human World are not only different dimensions, but they're, indeed, different universes that can colide with each other causing rifts, places that share location with both places, that can be used as portals to travel between these two universes. In multiple occasions during the game Mundus is showned to be able to control not only some places, but in fact, maintain and control the whole Limbo, he's even able to create rifts to share locations among human and demon world without having to leave his tower. In the moment he got mad with Vergil when he killed Lilith, he casually twisted several city blocks of the city with Limbo.
Twisting a few city blocks isn't exactly the same as warping an entire universe.
Mundus had his Hell Gate which, somewhat, helped him maintaining the Limbo's universe separated from the Living World. But the thing wasn't fully dependant on Hell Gate, since Mundus probably could just re-open the Gate again, after it being shut by Yamato, if he had defeated Dante(I'm presuming that he opened it some point at the past).
The fact that he needs external help for it (and creating a gate doesn't inherently mean you scale to what it does, especially when "presumably" is being tossed around and we don't know how much time it would take) kind of crushes any scaling to physicals.
However he probably didn't relly entirely on it since he is the Demon King, whose power was such that he ascended as the strongest demon thus giving him control all over the Underworld, thus being able to distort, create floating grounds and manipulating it at free will. Also, we clearly see that, even after being disconnected with the Hell Gate, he has been able to do the same things he already could do without relying on Hell Gate powers.
I would like scans here.
Having all this in mind, I think it's safe to assume that, the Hell Gate, indeed, helped him keep the dimensions separated, but it didn't do that alone. It probably helped him more by granting him immortality and, anyways, Dante managed to endure damage from an enraged Mundus that was dragging power from Hell Gate. By last, Limbo is depicted as a dimension where certain concepts, such as gravity, doesn't work the same way it does on the human world. And, after Mundus' death, Limbo collapsed into the real world/human world.
II would like scans of this too, in particular him drawing power. Taking power from something doesn't mean taking all of it which is quite significant here.
This may be because I don't know the story but why is this relevant?
Vergil gets stats amp with his Devil Trigger, as shown here. He got defeated by the Onyx guards(False form of Hellfire Prison) and after awakening his Devil Trigger he blasted them with no diff. The same thing should apply for Dante, since on his profile he just gets this via demon evade.
Sure
Dante, Vergil and Mundus should get memory manipulation. Sparda is not the only one that can erase his memories, Vergil can erase his memories, alongside Kat ones, too.
Sure, just list it as minor since it doesn't seem they can erase other people's memories.
Second scan is missing and the third is the same as the first but even from that one seems ok.
Since Vergil is able to damage/touch her on her spiritual form, by being a demon. So we can safely assume that if he kills Kat in that form, her soul will just dissappear. I don't know if this is just regular soul manipulation or if it can be considerated as limited existence erasure. But to ensure the argument, everytime we kill a demon troughout the game, we completely vanish it's body and soul.
I think it's just AP + NPI, it's not soul manip to destroy an astral projection in the same way it's not soul manip to just beat up a ghost until it dies. And I don't see why that would scale to destroying a demon's physical body.

The fact that he needs external help for it (and creating a gate doesn't inherently mean you scale to what it does, especially when "presumably" is being tossed around and we don't know how much time it would take) kind of crushes any scaling to physicals.
That's because DmC still doesn’t have an accepted Universal Energy System, although it has almost all the feats that points to, it needs a proper blog or an explanation on the verse page

Still, we can just accept the scaling and apply once the energy justification is done

@Armorchompy , I'm sorry to say that I don't have the scans, I just tried to gather the maximun amount of info on the verse I could basing myself in the infos the game, hq and the wiki(thanks to @Tony_di_bugalu I ain't trusting the DMC wikis anymore) give us. Gotta say that I screwed up with some assumptions there, but it was just me trying to give DmC some love(sorry for this, by the by). But, anyway, 3-A Mundus (while connected) with the Hell Gate stills a thing, without the Hellgate he should be comparable to a regular Dante.

I would like scans here.
Well, answering this part from your reply. It's complicated giving the scans here, but during the whole game Mundus is able to control the whole universe from Limbo, from the human dimension, without even getting out from his towe. He can warp/distort Limbo's reality in ways to slow down Dante and as we can see here, Vergil (a guy who had investigated everything about Mundus, with years of collected info about Mundus and the Limbo) states that Mundus draws his power from the Hell Gate(Btw, if the link actually sends you to another point of the video the time is 1:43:43). And, speaking of the devil, in this moment of the game(3:45) we clearly see that when Vergil shuts down the Hell Gate, Mundus is no longer able to maintain Limbo separated from the human world, it's a proof that he, indeed, was keeping a whole universe separatd from the another, which makes him 3-A or maybe High 3-A at best. Having all these things in mind, I guess it's really safe to assume that DmC has an Universal Energy System, but just Mundus would scale to this.

Now, continuing my point
This may be because I don't know the story but why is this relevant?
Vergil basically had to use a colission between two dimensions to create a black hole in order to defeat the Hell Prison. I think these ones would be more useful as more clarifications for Vergil's BFR hax, I believe.

I think it's just AP + NPI, it's not soul manip to destroy an astral projection in the same way it's not soul manip to just beat up a ghost until it dies. And I don't see why that would scale to destroying a demon's physical body.
They use the term "astral body" in order to refer to her soul body/form. If her astral/soul form was gone when that demon got her, she would just die since when psychics get separated from their bodies for a long period of time, their souls dissapear(Vergil states this here). Thinking with some logic you can come to the conclusion that if that demon that was about to kill her right at the start of the HQ actually did it, she would die. So, indeed, it is a form of soul manipulation instead of something related to AP + NPI. To finish all this, we can see that Vergil can touch her in the astral form, when he saves her from the demon (the scan is already there) and when he just slaps the bitch right on the face. @GilverTheProtoAngelo gave most of the reasonings for this in a previous reply.

Killing souls is soul manipulation, not just npi. DDM has also clarified this on occasions.

We don't need a official blog for UES, we have passed similar CRTs before UES was formalized. Current evidence is enough for that.

@Armorchompy , I'm sorry to say that I don't have the scans, I just tried to gather the maximun amount of info on the verse I could basing myself in the infos the game, hq and the wiki(thanks to @Tony_di_bugalu I ain't trusting the DMC wikis anymore) give us. Gotta say that I screwed up with some assumptions there, but it was just me trying to give DmC some love(sorry for this, by the by). But, anyway, 3-A Mundus (while connected) with the Hell Gate stills a thing, without the Hellgate he should be comparable to a regular Dante.
So hold on, are you saying 3-A scales to Dante & Vergil (and retroactively back to base Mundus) or that it's just exclusive to this amped version of Mundus?
They use the term "astral body" in order to refer to her soul body/form. If her astral/soul form was gone when that demon got her, she would just die since when psychics get separated from their bodies for a long period of time, their souls dissapear(Vergil states this here). Thinking with some logic you can come to the conclusion that if that demon that was about to kill her right at the start of the HQ actually did it, she would die. So, indeed, it is a form of soul manipulation instead of something related to AP + NPI. To finish all this, we can see that Vergil can touch her in the astral form, when he saves her from the demon (the scan is already there) and when he just slaps the bitch right on the face. @GilverTheProtoAngelo gave most of the reasonings for this in a previous reply.
Killing souls is soul manipulation, not just npi. DDM has also clarified this on occasions.

We don't need a official blog for UES, we have passed similar CRTs before UES was formalized. Current evidence is enough for that.
No? Destroying a ghost or astral projection via AP isn't soul manipulation, why wouldn't somebody that has just NPI be able to do that? It's Soul Manipulation if you kill them while they're in the body or in any other way that isn't just simply attacking them while they're "exposed".

No? Destroying a ghost or astral projection via AP isn't soul manipulation, why wouldn't somebody that has just NPI be able to do that? It's Soul Manipulation if you kill them while they're in the body or in any other way that isn't just simply attacking them while they're "exposed".
Paging @DarkDragonMedeus on the topic of this to see if this is really his opinion or it's just being misrepresented, is killing ghosts/astral selves by attacking them via NPI Soul Manipulation in your opinion? Because it really doesn't align with what I perceived as site standards

Non-physical reaction is an extremely general ability and also has wide varieties and sub levels. But simply being able to see ghosts who were meant to be invisible to regular humans or hear ghosts meant to be silent to them would also technically count as limited NPI if you still can't quite touch ghosts; though touching ghosts is a better version.

As for the ability to harm and kill ghosts, that is NPI, but it also could technically count as extremely limited levels of soul manipulation. Given that ghosts are by definition wondering souls that have no body, destroying a ghost is the basic definition of soul destruction. However, it should not be assumed as anything beyond the ability to destroy a soul that lacks a body. Just because people can kill ghosts doesn't mean it's assumed they have the ability to rip someone's soul and destroy it from there thus negating durability in the process. It's also not assumed they have the ability to bypass Low-Godly regeneration by default, unless that's how their regeneration works is that they act as a ghost for temporary periods when their body gets destroyed and need time to regenerate it. And it is a common that when a character dies, their soul gets teleported to a far away place such as an afterlife; which characters with limited soul destruction aren't assumed to reach there just because they can kill ghosts or incorporeals normally.

But all things considered, killing ghosts is both NPI and limited levels of soul destruction, but all aforementioned limitations should still be noted and/or acknowledged unless there are other reasons such as statements and/or demonstrations that they could do those other things.

It is effectively soul destruction but I don't really think it should be actually listed as Soul Manip, it's like Energy Projection technically being Energy Manip but not being listed as that, IMO

It's okay to set it up in which it redirects to soul manipulation as we don't have a soul destruction page. But it's worded as soul destruction. Would look something like this.

limited Soul Destruction (Can kill ghosts)

But that's just a consequence of NPI, everyone with the ability to attack ghosts could do it, it's not an actual ability separate of that.

For the AP scaling, I guess what Tony's suggested seems fine.

For the powers:
If Memories erased are limited to the users, it would just limited Memory Manipulationlike Armorchompy said.
Hitting/destroying the souls outside the body but having no other proof of soul manipulation is just non-physical interaction.
I guess the rest seems fine.

Alright I don't think it's fully iron solid but I'll let it slide if it's not a verse-wide thing.

If Memories erased are limited to the users, it would just limited Memory Manipulationlike Armorchompy said.
Not actually, Sparda erased the memories of his children. In the comic is implied that Vergil erased not only his memories about Kat(yes, they fell in love), but Kat memories too, so it's not that limited. Now for the soul manipulation the unique argument I have about this is the fact that Dante can free lost souls, human souls trapped in Limbo.

If they can erase other people's too that's fine, do explain it on vergil and dante's files though.

As for soul manip, how does that work

The soul manipulation would be more limited to soul destruction, not a manipulation properly said. Since they can free human souls from Limbo, they kill those souls in order to free them from Limbo's suffering. This is kinda self-explanatory when you actually see it, check this:

For Mundus 3-A I'm pretending to put like this:

7-B, possibly 3-A with Hell Gate. Also I'm going to list the Hell Gate on his equipments too. Don't know why anyone did that before lol.

And there're some small additions that I'd to do on Dante's profile besides the hax additions. But I prefer putting these ones in another CRT to treat more specifically about him.

Not actually, Sparda erased the memories of his children. In the comic is implied that Vergil erased not only his memories about Kat(yes, they fell in love), but Kat memories too, so it's not that limited. Now for the soul manipulation the unique argument I have about this is the fact that Dante can free lost souls, human souls trapped in Limbo.
I guess memory manipulation is fine.
Non-physical Interaction could be probably still be the best choice.

possibly 3-A is fine then, for the rest i agree with Elizhaa

Done with everything, eventually I'll be doing a simplier CRT to add a few more things on Donte's profile, but for the moment it's. Lastly, I wanted to thank all of you guys, you actually helped me a lot in giving this game some love.

Have a nice day and peace 👺

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back