• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I believe we're in a sort of grace for inconclusive, which would end when either end gets a three vote lead on the other, starting a grace for that person.

Is it three I thought it was two huh.

if enough people switch from Nero to inconclusive does Squalo technically get the lead

I mean, technically, yes. Though, the same thing can happen with Squalo, too.

You don't need to vote incon if the votes are above 7 but no one has a 3 vote lead. If it stays like that for a day it gets marked as incon.

So let me see: Nero main advantage is Spatial Slicing, an attack that makes distance between its opponent and him futile and possibly allows him to cut through matter; makes him capable to cut through space makes Squalo's forcefields useless (unless I miss something). Furthermore, Nero has superior regen.

Mienwhile Squalo possesses superior skill (I heard) and AoE attacks, but I haven't read (mostly cuz lazy) more about him. So I'm inclined to vote for Nero at the time.

, an attack that makes distance between its opponent and him futile

^^This definitely hasn't been brought up through this entire argument. Does this make it some kind of teleporting attack or something?

I was under the impression it was just a possibly durability negating sword beam.

Nero - 9 (Ovens, Rebuble, TISS, Schnee, Xtasy, Wright, SSBXeno, John, Anton)

Squalo - 9 (Litentric, Starter, Yung, Jacky, Rot, Velox, Dragon, Xanx, Phoenixstorm)

Inconclusive - 1 (Overlord)

RebubleUselet said:
Lol no, Yamato does not act like The Hand or something
Yeah, I don't know why that's come up a lot in the Nero arguments. The sword beams don't have the same properties from what I'm aware of too.

Dargoo Faust said:
Yeah, I don't know why that's come up a lot in the Nero arguments.
Hm? Only Antoniofer said that, and he clearly made a mistake, none of the votes for Nero prior were based on that

The sword beams don't have the same properties from what I'm aware of too.
If this is the case, then this leans much more in Squalo's favor imo....than before at least.

If sword beams also negate durability, I'm still voting Squalo, but the battle is more inconclusive than anything tbh.

Actually, they do (very likely) ignore durability as well, since Dante & Vergil are capable of performing similar techniques (which are a part of Yamato's power set, not the individual characters).

Oh right, is Vergil the one that make Spatial Slicing. I was sure someone brought up spatial hax in this discussion...

So if regen is the only power that come as advantage, I guess Squalio is leading to win; not sure, what other thing has Nero?

Nero - 9 (Ovens, Rebuble, TISS, Schnee, Xtasy, Wright, SSBXeno, John, Anton)

Squalo - 10 (Litentric, Starter, Yung, Jacky, Rot, Velox, Dragon, Xanx, Phoenixstorm, Gyro)

This is actually hilarious.

@Schnee

I think Yung answered for me. But when I said block the blade with his, I was assuming that he wouldn't position his body directly behind the blade such that he would be cut because no martial artist ever does that. It's a basic principle to attack the center line while keeping the majority of your body off of it yourself in many art forms. Though this particularly applies to many weapons for there can easily be much clashing involved and weapons tend to deal more damage than any open hand or foot striking technique. Apologies. I should've explained what I meant.

I mean, if the match is this inconclusive, why not add it as such and make the progression in the brackets with some other criteria? Otherwise wouldn't it be forcing a result instead?

Nero - 8 (Ovens, Rebuble, TISS, Schnee, Xtasy, Wright, John, Anton)

Squalo - 11 (Litentric, Starter, Yung, Jacky, Rot, Velox, Dragon, Xanx, Phoenixstorm, Gyro, SSBXeno)

Grace has started in Squalo's favor.

I agree with Zark. Flipping a coin works. I think that had to be done sometime in the last set of brackets for one reason or another.

I mean, I've already said that I was fine with it being Inconclusive.

So, does the next match start after the grace? Assuming that the rule aboit inconclusives is real.

Antoniofer said:
So, does the next match start after the grace? Assuming that the rule aboit inconclusives is real.
I mean, as of right now Squalo is winning but I won't post the next match unless I'm certain this one is done.

Schnee One said:
<Checks OP
Dargoo.....That's the Reboot games storm....
What

That's the Original Series, not the reboot.

Nero just scales well above it.

The OG is 6.03 megatons, Nero scales to 7-B because he's above that enough to say he's baseline 7-B

He ain't exactly 9.63 Megas

No?

It's for the original series. It's directly linked on Nero's page and you can see OS Dante in the image.

The first one is the DMC4 Calc

The one that says "Reboot" is the 9 megaton storm

The video for reference is even the Dante vs Vergil fight at the end of the DMC Reboot.

Nero is>>>6.0 Megatons so he's 7B

9 megatons is for the reboot

There are two calcs for two games in that blog

As I pointed before, if Yamato do not cut distance nor ignore forcefields I'll switch the vote to Squalo; additionally, I think Squalo is at least x1.4 times and at most x5.7 stronger than Nero (don't think is taht much notable but is still an advantage).

Back