• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I know he is stealthy AF but if they can be dodged then Dante has a chance to get out of the way and if they work like some gas he could just go fine without breathing there.

Can you list them please?

So, one hit is enough to K.O. Dante. Paralyze is not really a good option as he can just summon his Doppleganger wich is a shadow to keep fighting until he gets back up, slow time and get free shots, etc.

Going by that list then he can null the majority of Dante responses to stealth (his weapons with AoE attacks) except for Beowulf but he doesn't null his time slow, nor his styles. But you said that he stops being stealthy after the first hit so it doesn't matter.

He still needs to deal with his rege....

>Can null Regenerationn

Shieeeeet...

Up to what level of Regen can null?

Sleep is more likely option than paralysis. Majority of people use sleep because you get salary more when you put them to jail instead.

Low-Mid with Elderseal, though High-Mid with equipment.

Does The Hunter have the high-mid regen null equipment in this battle?

EDIT: Also, doesn't Dante still die if his head's destroyed? That shouldn't be hard to do when he's asleep.

Tony di bugalu said:
Does he have that equipment (the one that negs High-Mid) in this key?

Mid regen covers that AFAIK.
Normal mid regen does, Dante's doesn't. It's why he's allowed in these brackets.

Agnaa said:
Does The Hunter have the high-mid regen null equipment in this battle?
EDIT: Also, doesn't Dante still die if his head's destroyed? That shouldn't be hard to do when he's asleep.
You can kill Fatalis with low-rank equipment. So my answer is yes. And before you say that's G-Rank Hunter, you can kill Fatalis and Dire Miralis while using Low-rank equipment, it doesn't make sense that Low-rank Hunter won't have it if it can.

There are Mid Regen that only lets you recover when you're brain is only partially destroyed, like Hazama for example, compared to let you regenerate a completely destroyed head, like Naoto Kurogane. Dante falls in to former category.

Tony di bugalu said:
There are differente levels of Mid Regenerationn?
From what I heard it's apparently just that having his head cut off/destroyed is a weakness of his Regenerationn.

You can read about it in the hub thread, where people were calling for Dante to be removed from the brackets.

Forgive my late thoughts on this, just got off of work and got home.

@Shiro "His status effects are dealt by weapons"

Nooooot entirely. Certain weapons can indeed inflict the exact same statuses (sleep, paralysis, etc) as the equipment I mentioned, but the Hunter can still access the abilities via tools they can carry around.

Elderseal is super vague though, nobody in the game really understands how it works other than "stuff no work when around it".

I'm not sure I agree with scaling regen null in early game to Fatalis, considering Fatalis is where our 5-A rating comes from in his peak form and casually scales to Low 6-B in lesser forms. Regardless, Hunter should have no issue destroying the head of Dante under these circumstances.

@Tony

Effects are in theory dodgeable but just as an example, tranq bombs are a gaseous AoE and shock traps take effect the second you touch it.

Anyways these were just random last minute insights, now I sleep.

Back