• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Nero - 4 (Xtas, Rebuble, TISS, Rot)

Squalo - 2 (Litentric, Starter)

I vote Squalo btw.

Does Yamato's sword beams also negate durability?

Also, I actually forgot that some other characters besides Tsuna have a limited for of Vongola Hyper Intuition

So right now, the argument in favor of Nero is that he uses Yamato and slices Squalo up instantly...but as I asked before...how likely is he to use it?

And as far as rain flames slowing down Nero and his attacks...

"By how much specifically?"

Enough for characters to be made practically immobile....At least that's what Yamamoto (Who also uses rain flames) could do.

But iirc Squalo doesn't have a lot of range with his rain flames, so he would need to get close to do this.

Nero - 4 (Xtas, Rebuble, TISS, Rot)

Squalo - 3 (Litentric, Starter, Yung)

YungManzi said:
Also, I actually forgot that some other characters besides Tsuna have a limited for of Vongola Hyper Intuition

So right now, the argument in favor of Nero is that he uses Yamato and slices Squalo up instantly...but as I asked before...how likely is he to use it?
I see. But didn't Litentric say it would only kick in if Nero's hax is in OP form? Like I said, that's not the case, so if I got it right, Hyper Intuition wouldn't work

Again, he leads with it, so he is guaranteed to use it

Btw, idk if blade beams ignore durability or not. Don't remember Nero being shown to do that, so I'll say no, just to be safe

I see. But didn't Litentric say it would only kick in if Nero's hax is in OP form? Like I said, that's not the case, so if I got it right, Hyper Intuition wouldn't work
I'm really not sure if it would kick in or not tbh.

Also Squalo uses AdS pretty early on.

What is AdS?

I would like to know specifically when the "pretty early on" happens, cuz Nero opens with Yamato right away.

its attacco di squalo (attack of the shark) which he uses to paralyse his enemies by stunning the opponent's muscle

Yeah, just figured that out.

But I'm pretty sure "early on" happens later than Nero's "immediately", so I still keep my vote.

@Rebuble

But I'm pretty sure "early on" happens later than Nero's "immediately"

You're correct. He actually starts with explosions and box weapon, but he opens with AdS in close range (Which is the range of Yamato's durability negation from the sound of it).

Once he's in close range he could slow down movements via just flexing his rain flame (Which he flexed against Zakuto, and is completely invisible) and use AdS to paralyze.

Hmmmm... not really sure now. Nero has the range advantage, and one could argue that Yamato's blade beams ignore durability as well (since Dante, who's also not as adept at wielding Yamato as Vergil is, managed to do that with the Hell Gate), but I'd rather play safe and assume they don't.

Perhaps "Inconclusive" is a better option, as it seems that this is a "who strikes first" scenario.

I don't see this being Incon, and I think Nero has this one more often then not.

In a range contest, if Squalo attempts to block a strike from Nero, he dies.

We could always pit them against two other losing combatants.

@Schnee One

The question is if sword beams also negate durability, theres's also the fact that in close range Squalo wouldn't need to block as he would have a sizable speed advantage via rain flame's attribute.

In addition to that he could likely slow down blade beams to dodge them as well, but Squalo hasn't actually fully fought "on screen" during this time.

Edit But since he can flex his rain flames, and it does contain the rain flame attribute like everyone else who uses rain flames....he should be able to slow down ranged attacks once they are within range of his rain flame.

On top of it not making any sense that a blade that does spatial cuts suddenly doesn't make a spatial cut just because it ends up being distance.

Vergil' judement cut dies indeed show this property of spatial cutting.

Yes but Would he dodge, he can just easily, if not easier, swipe the blade beam away, which in turn woukd get him cut in half.

He does not know of the blade, thus the option of blocking or redirecting the attack is there.

Though if he hasn't fought that much, doesn't seem like we know it's in his character to do either one

Schnee does have some valid points.

But if he blocks the blade, keep in mind that his hand there is mechanical, so worst case, his blade gets cut. But unless it's shattered, it simply means that his blade is shortened. In the best case, he steers clear of being hit by the blade because he can feel something is wrong with it due to his Varia Quality, which is more plausible than you might think given that KHR is a verse full of hitmen. And such potent weapons aren't exactly unusual.

There's also the issue of skill. If Nero is less skilled with Yamamot, it's incredibly likely that Squalo simply runs through him once he gets close. We see in the future arc that Squalo gives Yamamot a tape where he goes through defeating the 100 best swordsmen in the world with relative ease. And can even tell that Genkishi was holding out on him in their fight. Once again, I've heard zero feats to support Nero's skill so far. But if he isn't something like the best swordsman on the planet, he's going to be outclassed by Squalo. Who literally specializes in beating other styles. (Yamamoto won against him due to his immense potential and the fact that his style literally evolves with the wielder).

Well we've seen him use rain flames to defend against other DWF attacks....and fly on top of his shark...while launching explosions.

We're not sure how he would handle a ranged attack like Yamato's sword beam. Genkishi used something like that against Yamamoto..and Yamamoto used AoE rain flames to completely immobolize Genkishi and his sword slashes, but that's Yamamto who is more defensive than Squalo and has far greater range and effectiveness with his rain flame.

Squalo (And the rest of the Varia) also has cambio forma....but we literally never see what it does, it's really quite dissapointing.

Also...lets say Squalo gets hit with Yamato while parrying its attack...the absolute worse that would happen is he would lose his arm. Then he would know to stay clear of Yamato and spam box weapon and rain flames (Since he wouldn't have his sword at that point).

But if he isn't something like the best swordsman on the planet, he's going to be outclassed by Squalo. Who literally specializes in beating other styles.

I actually just read his fight with Yamamoto in preparation for this fight, and Squalo literally says he can replicate a sword skill, just by seeing it once...and even uses Shigure Soen Ryu in that same fight.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

I also forgot that he flies on his shark, lol.

Hasn't Squalo lost an arm and continued fighting before? I can't recall. But despite his offensive nature, he's the most perceptive of the Varia aside from Xanxus (who himself has also been stated to have an intuition above that of Varia Quality, but still inferior to Hyper Intuition).

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Nero - 4 (Ovens, Rebuble, TISS, Schnee)
Squalo - 6 (Litentric, Starter, Yung, Jacky, Rot, Velox, Dragon)
What seven people?

Xtas only counted six.

Litentric Teon said:
Schnee does have some valid points.
But if he blocks the blade, keep in mind that his hand there is mechanical, so worst case, his blade gets cut.
Uh no, worst case is that Squalo gets cut in half, which is likely

Back