• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Seventeenth round of the 7-B Brackets begins! These fighters may have made it past the first set of rounds, but how will they fare against other winners?

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified or got stomped for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Nero (Devil May Cry), nominated by Rebublet, and Magilou, submitted by PhoenixStorm.

Mid-Late Game Magilou is used, Speed is Equalized. Battle takes place in Yellowstone National Park.

Magilou scales to someone who can cause a major volcanic eruption, Nero scales far above High 7-C+ characters.

Nero (Devil May Cry) -

Magilou -

Incon -

NeroPointsHisFinger
Tales-of-Berseria-900x506

Nero doesn't use Magic, but IDK if Demon abilities equalize as magic for Magilou.

I don't think Demonic energy in Devil May Cry is magic so unless verse equalization is on then no.

I think that'd be pretty severe verse equalization. Magic =/= Supernatural.

Considering Magilou's world has their own supernatural monsters like in DMC and knows someone with an arm ability, It's nothing special to her.

I'll wait for Rebu/Phoenix to vote since I'm not super familiar with either

I'm fairly familiar with Magilou, and am inclined towards her due to her rather effective range spam against an opponent whom likely prefers melee. But I also think it's best to wait.

I mean considering she likes to play the range game, it's very likely that she can keep her distance against Nero.

Is it Nero that has the spatial cutting thing though?

It seems like that requires him to actually get close enough to cut her though.

And I'm not sure how spatial cutting interacts with things like fire, water erupting from beneath of him, gravity traps, etc. Which is part of why I'm waiting.

I've got no idea, hence waiting for Rebu

Here's some info on the power absorption:

It is thought activated (She likes to yell Spell Absorber after using it, but the effect happens before she says anything)

It works on daemon abilities and spells cast by them, so it's fairly reasonable that it might work on Nero as well.

Also, this was kinda stupid of me to forget, but she should have Low-Mid Regen for surviving having her heart destroyed repeatedly and rebuilding it. If neccesary, I can make a CRT to add that now.

As long as you provide scans/proof here it's cool, just make sure to link the CRT. IDK if Low-Mid changes the results here, as if Nero gets within slashing range he probably does more damage than Low-Mid can recover.

To be fair though, it's not like Nero relies exclusively on his demonic abilities; he is still a crack shot with his swords and pistols, which should harm Magilou just fine.

Yeah, Nero slashing at Magilou should kill her for good.

And no, Nero can actually cut through space from afar. He managed to perfectly slash the column in two from a distance, and Dante, who is an amateur at wielding Yamato as well, cut the Hell Gate from hundreds of meters.

I can personally see Magilou getting up close for Nero to hit her, since, you know, they're fighting in a city and stuff, and Magilou would have to search for Nero at some point, since he'll probably decide it's not a good idea to stay in open space and try to hide.

EDIT: Checked Magilou's profile, and she doesn't seem to have Enhanced Senses or anything of the kind, so I stand by what I said.

Okay so spatial cuts do have range

Now I waits for the rebuttal

First, I'd like to know if Nero generally starts with Yamato, or only does so some of the time.

Second, I'll bring some information from the previous thread.

She generally fights by casting magic from a distance and, while she may not take things too seriously, in a fight to the death she will fight to the best of her ability, she isn't a close range fighter so moving away or casting a spell right away is fairly likely. She isn't likely to go melee range and if she is forced into it will likely back away or cast a spell that holds Nero still. She uses her summons quite a bit, guardians can be used as melee weapons if neccesary, but also as projectiles that cause explosions and a means of flight. Normin just drop on the enemy en masse and cause numerous explosions. Practically all of her spells are AoE. If Nero gets into melee range, it would be in character for her to cast a gravity spell to hold him in place while she gains distance. As mentioned below, her spells have statistics amping/reducing properties on nearly all of them, so Nero will be getting weaker as the fight goes on as she only grows stronger.

Some relevant abilities:

Gravity Manipulation: It's the type that holds you opponent in place while you're free to do things, she can set traps that do this too, with Gravity Mine.

Life Manipulation: A property of many artes in general, she gets healed while fighting

Summoning: She can summon the spirits of 49 normin (A type of malak, comparable to her) and rain them down on the opponent, she can also summon Guardians, a type of paper creature that she can also fly around on like a hoverboard, they can also change sizes

Stat Amping/Reduction: It's at least 50%, I believe it can go up further, it's a property of most of her attacks, it works on enemies when hit and on herself when she casts, she can slow down the opponent fairly significantly (About 4x)

Poison Manip: It's there I guess, a property of some artes, it damages over time.

Phoenixstorm9 said:
First, I'd like to know if Nero generally starts with Yamato, or only does so some of the time.
Didn't you participate in Nero vs Squalo? I thought you'd figure after that. But yeah he leads with Yamato after he gets it, cue his second fight with Dante and both of the times he battled Sanctus.

So, do we have any votes/major arguments yet?

It looks like Pheonixstorm has put forward reasoning for Magilou, although Nero's spatial slicing could prove difficult for her to deal with.

@Dargoo if one of the abilities she has is anything to go by, I think Magilou could get a massive range advantage against Nero here.

Aside from range advantage, iirc Magilou can also summon creatures that are as strong as her. I think she has the advantage here.

True, Nero fighting a bunch of peeps who are of the same level of Magilou would strain him significantly, although his sword's abilities would make dealing with them not impossible.

Yeah, given it was a violent Volcanic Eruption it should be decently into 7-B.

Speaking of, I'm thinking of working on a Volcano Power Chart in the same vein that we have the Earthquake power chart.

I'm also going to side with Magilous for the time being. Nero's primary hax seems to be in the form of Yamato, which is very useful in an up close fight. But far less useful in a long distance battle. In particular since Magilous can debuff his speed. Her long range spam should prove extremely effective here.

Magilou - 2 (Phoenixstorm?, Litentric)

Incon - 1 (Psycho)

Magilou - 3 (Phoenixstorm?, Litentric, Glassman)

Incon - 1 (Psycho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back