• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Second round of the 7-B Brackets begins! Squalo tentatively holds the place for winner of round one, although the voting is so close that could change any moment.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Magilou, nominated by Phoenixstorm, and Ryu (Street Fighter), submitted by Psychomaster35.

Evil Ryu and Magilou's second key (whatever it's called, it isn't on the profile) is used. Battle takes place at Suzaku Castle, 50 meters apart. Speed is equal.

I have no clue where Ryu's or Magilou's ratings come from, couldn't find it through clicking through links.

Ryu (Street Fighter) - 1 (Psycho)

Magilou - 6 (Jacky, Phoenix, Starter, DontTalk, Anton, Cal)

Incon -

Hes-an-angry-Ryu
Tales-of-Berseria-900x506

Since this will come up, Magilou is above the baseline for eruptions (24 Megatons, or so I've heard) by an unknown amount. I've also added keys for her, the key in question is Mid-Late Game

So, apparently the other match has finished yet, but I guess we can still vote here.

I guess this is base Ryu and is capable to tranform in both Evil Ryu and/or Power of Nothingness. At glace Ryu seems moderatly better at melee combat, but Magilou has more powers but I do not known how they works.

Pretty sure Magilou tends to not take things too serious and Evil Ryu is already bloodlusted, and will kill her with the Raging Demon ignoring her defense. Voting Ryu.

It says in the OP that it's Evil Ryu versus Magilou's second key, whatever it's called. (A knowledgeable member should probably add that in.)

What is Ryu's in character usage of Shun Goku Satsu and would Magilou be a viable target?

How likely is it for Magilou to make use of flight and range, to force Ryu into a pure projectile battle?

Is Chi in Tales of Berseria something like magic or is not mentioned to be like that?

The Shun Goku Satsu requires Ryu grabbing his opponent from what I recall.

Chi by default is seperate from magic unless the verse says otherwise, IMO.

Magic is the method to manipulate the supernatural forces, meanwhile Chi is just another type of manipulating Life-Force; by default they're both different.

Ok, so Evil Ryu, so is the most likely outcome in a melee battle its his win, but I still don't known how the girl's power works.

Dargoo Faust said:
Chi by default is seperate from magic unless the verse says otherwise, IMO.
I know, I'm just asking if there is anything said in the verse in case it's the exceptional case.

Ok, since I'm going to sleep soon, I'll post as much relevant info as I can and leave it up to everyone from there. Also it would be nice to know Ryu's AP. Magilou is >24 Megatons, as I said before.

First, how she fights:

She generally fights by casting magic from a distance and, while she may not take things too seriously, in a fight to the death she will fight to the best of her ability, she isn't a close range fighter so moving away or casting a spell right away is fairly likely.

So, some relevant abilities:

Gravity Manipulation: It's the type that holds you opponent in place while you're free to do things, she can set traps that do this too, with Gravity Mine.

Life Manipulation: A property of many artes in general, she gets healed while fighting

Summoning: She can summon the spirits of 49 normin (A type of malak, comparable to her) and rain them down on the opponent, she can also summon Guardians, a type of paper creature that she can also fly around on like a hoverboard, they can also change sizes

Stat Amping/Reduction: This one is actually fairly relevant, it's at least 50%, I believe it can go up further, it's a property of most of her attacks, it works on enemies when hit and on herself when she casts, so Ryu might, say, find himself suddenly losing 50% of his physical strength or Arte Attack (In this case, that would mean techniques like the Hadouken), also, she can slow down the opponent fairly significantly (About 4x)

Poison Manip: It's there I guess, a property of some artes, it damages over time.

That's about all I can think of for now.

Wait-Is Speed Equal here? If its a no, thats at least a bit more fair for Ryu to react to the ranged spells.

Also, from the looks of it, AP shouldn't be too far apart, Ryu oneshotted a baseline (6.3 Megatons) whereas Magilou is a fair bit above baseline (24 Megatons)

So it's in character for her to stay at range?

In that case I am voting for Magilou. With flight, gravity stuff and summons she has the tools necessary to prevent Ryu from approaching.

He may have ranged options, but is not a ranged fighter. Hence I don't think he would be able to pressure her without closing the gap either.

She pretty much only fights in close range when forced to, her main method of fighting is blasting away from afar.

Magilou's starting to look good. Can I ask what it is exactly that she summons?

Psychomaster35 said:
Wait-Is Speed Equal here? If its a no, thats at least a bit more fair for Ryu to react to the ranged spells.
That would be a speedblitz? Massively Hypersonic vs Hypersonic. I assume this is supposed to be speed equal.

These guys, they may look ridiculous, but each one of them is comparable to her, she drops them on the enemy, causing numerous explosions.

Normin (ToZ)

Ryu can force her in melee combat with Ashura Senku and she can't hit him when he's using that. He's also a melee fighter so I doubt that he'd try to zone her out.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Ryu can force her in melee combat with Ashura Senku and she can't hit him when he's using that.
Is that technique actually instant teleportation or is it more something like a movement with a short bit of intangibility? The description is confusing for me.

I guess with range advantage and AoE Magilou has the advantage here, Ryu is only efficient at melee. Ryu's intangibility is futile and with vastly amounts of spells and summons the girl overcome. Without being at melee range most Ryu can do is counter with Chi attacks.

So I'll going to vote for Magilou.

Phoenixstorm9 said:
These guys, they may look ridiculous, but each one of them is comparable to her, she drops them on the enemy, causing numerous explosions.
Normin (ToZ)
They look like Sergeant Frog characters, and act like Prinnies.

Either way, they're totally adorable, and I'm disappointed this picture is not on Magilou's profile.

I've become so accustomed to equalizing speed I forgot to include in in the OP, sorry. Fixed.

@xtas

Yes, but he can't send out nearly as many projectiles from range.

In addition, in a situation like this, Magilou is fairly likely to take to the skies.

I'm voting Magilou, Gravity can hold him still while Summoning and other spells overwhelm him, all the while he is being weakened by the effects of those spells and Magilou only gets stronger with them.

Back