• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5-B Yhwach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know this is against the rules, but please hear me out first

According to the rules,
"eventually we finally reached the conclusion that the collapse / merging of Earth, Soul Society and Hueco Mundo is not a direct feat, but rather a natural collateral-effect of the flow of souls being unbalanced , and as such characters cannot scale to it."

This is completely wrong, and while I agreed to it initially, I went back and did my research to debunk this.

Let's see what the Soul King does,
According to the Bleach wiki
"The Soul King's sole purpose is to regulate the flow of souls into and out of Soul Society and keep the flow stable. Without the Soul King, the balance is lost and everything that is linked to Soul Society or made in it, as well as the Dangai, Hueco Mundo and the Human World will fall apart"

Notice how it's called falling apart, keep this in mind for the rest of this post

"Yhwach bashes Tensa Zangetsu out of Ichigo's hand and engulfs him and the rest of the Seireitei in his darkness before declaring that everything will lose its form and become one before his power."

So, what the lack of the Soul King does is make the world fall apart, yet what Yhwach was doing was merging the worlds together.

This is referenced again in Chapter 686 of Bleach, where he states to Ichigo "thanks to you, life and death will not lose their current form and people will continue living in fear of death".

Let me further explain this

Yhwach had intended to merge the three worlds so that life and death as they were would loose their current forms, i.e. people on Earth and Souls(basic life and death) would live without the fear of death as referenced here.

TL;DR

What Soul King prevented = Destruction of worlds where they would collapse due to lack of Soul Balance

What Yhwach wanted to = Merge the worlds to erase the current concepts of life and death so that no one would live in the fear of Death ever again.

Hence, Yhwach should be upgraded to 5-B

The links are below

http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Yhwach

http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_King

You can ask Matthew to comment here, as he argued for the previous downgrade.

1. Why are you using Bleach wiki and not the actual manga as a source?

2. In the actual manga it is explained time and time again that the disruption of the flow of souls will cause the worlds to merge into one.

3. Yhwach never wanted to destroy the worlds, he wanted to merge them to end the cycle of life and death. This shows that the merging / collapsing isn't a literal collision of planets or whatever. No GBE involved.

4. The collapse of the worlds involves exactly what Yhwach intended, a destruction of the cycle of life and death.

5. It does not, in fact, scale to the power of the Soul King. The Soul King was sliced in half by much weaker beings.

1.I have referenced the manga

2.No, the manga states that the lack of the Soul King will lead to the world's collapsing on each other and being destroyed.

3.Nobody stated that Yhwach wished to destroy the worlds, he always wanted to merge them. How does this not involve GBE?

4.I don't know how many times this has to be explained. By destroying the cycle of life and death he wished to create a world where people would not live in fear of death i.e people wouldn't die. I have referenced the chapter as well.

5.I stated Yhwach should be 5-B, not Soul King.

". In the actual manga it is explained time and time again that the disruption of the flow of souls will cause the worlds to merge into one."

When was this stated? I can't say I remember this in the manga. Do you have scans?

The wiki also refutes your claim

"Soul Regulation: The Soul King's sole purpose is to regulate the flow of souls in and out of Soul Society. Without his existence, all known dimensions connected to Soul Society will begin crumbling into non-existence."

Non-existence = / = Merging into one.

The worlds would merge by destroying their boundaries and subsequently making them one place. It doesn't literally involve planets slamming together.

It's equivalent to removing a gate and letting water flow from one place to the other.

BMWFanboy said:
The wiki also refutes your claim

"Soul Regulation: The Soul King's sole purpose is to regulate the flow of souls in and out of Soul Society. Without his existence, all known dimensions connected to Soul Society will begin crumbling into non-existence."

Non-existence = / = Merging into one.
And this is stated in the actual manga where...?

1. 99% of your OP is Bleach wiki, quoting it as if it is quoting the original manga.

2. Which is not literal, as clarified further close to the ending. It is a merging of the worlds meaning that the cycle of life and death won't exist anymore.

3. Because, again, neither Soul Society nor Hueco Mundo are planets, but instead layers of reality. They will merge, eliminating the cycle of life & death. It isn't like Shao Kahn who literally grabs two planets and turns them into one.

4. So... You agree with me that it isn't an AP feat but rather hax?

5. So you agree that the Soul King isn't 5-B but want Yhwach to be 5-B after getting the Soul King's power?

Also, a chain-reaction soul manipulation hax won't make you 5-B.

@Matt

So do you have those scans or nah? As I said I don't remember reading that part in the manga nor do I remember that being stated.

This is like the 8th time. And it is always the same thing:

"This Chain-Reaction soul-manipulation feat which breaks the boundaries of worlds and merges the cycle of life and death is actually a 5-B feat".

I want to see the scan where is stated that Yhwach was going to merge the worlds using the flow of souls. Like knight, i don't remember that in the manga.

1.The wiki is based off of the manga

2.No, that was never stated to be the case, ever. They would collapse and be destroyed, not become one. This is also shown in Chapter 421
F4848A21-6196-4053-93A1-37D1C917EC27
3.Yet Earth is a planet

4.He was physically merging them using Reiatsu, can you explain why this isn't AP?

5.You are going off topic. Soul King had restrictions placed on him by the Shinigami, when Yhwach took his power, and the power of all the other Quincies he had taken via Auswählen he was 5-B. They are very different.

Again, not a chain reaction.

The wiki says whatever it wants, use actual scans and don't rely on it.

If the wiki said Yhwach was universal would you argue for it?

YhwachDeath1
[[
YhwachDeath2
^ Yhwach's goal had nothing with destroying or merging worlds physically.

And here are two of the many times they explain the the "collapse / merging" of the worlds is a chain-reaction. Random Quincys aren't 5-B.

Yhachq
Yhach1

The scans of the manga explaining time and time again that the disruption of the flow of souls will cause the worlds to merge into one as you said before. I genuinely don't remember this.

1. Wiki is irrelevant. Argue with actual scans.

2. They are explained to become one in the sense that the Cycle of Life & Death would end by Yhwach himself, the guy you insist is destroying three planets.

3. And this proves that the others are because? Soul Society is more like the size of a country given how utterly crowded it is. And there's always an equivalent amount of souls in Earth, Soul Society and Hueco Mundo

4. Wrong. He was using his Reiatsu to disrupt the flow of souls, which in turn makes the worlds merge. Have we read the same manga?

5. They are the exact same thing. Yhwach even became the new Soul King after the manga ended. Both are doing the same thing, except one is a lynchpin (As in, he's a cog that keeps a whole machine running, not the entire machine itself), while the other was doing the opposite of a lynchpin.

Well that doesn't even imply that random Quincy's are 5-B to begin with. And what chapter is that from? I'd like to see the full scans instead of just a cropped one.

In Chapter 615, it is stated that now the worlds will return to their former existance, which was nothingness before the Soul King
2A10556F-EBE2-4DE2-AD84-A9D5331FC074

Also, stop asking the entire manga to babyfeed information of you.

Your line of thought:

1. The entire manga down to the first story arc explains that the merging of the worlds is done through X method (Disruption of the flow of souls) and has Y (End of the cycle of life and death) consequences

2. The Soul King is the one who keeps the worlds from merging by preventing X from happens.

3. Yhwach absorbs the Soul King

4. Yhwach will make the worlds merge and it will have Y consequences (End the cycle of life and death.

5. ???

So, what do you think, using Occam's Razor, that is more likely: That Yhwach was merging the worlds (Which itself is a hax feat, not a 5-B feat), by the way the entire manga showed to be the only way to do it, or by this new, never-stated, randomly generated way?

1.I am showing scans also. 2.Only by merging the real world, where Life or humans live, with Soul Society and ahueco Mundo, where Souls and Hollows i.e the dead live will that happen. 3.That takes away from Earth being a planet how? 4.He was never using his Reiatsu to disrupt the flow of souls, have you read the manga at all? Can I see some scans? 5.Yhwach became the Soul King? Source?

>Again the talk of nothingness existing before the Soul King.

Please stop, this is blatantly incorrect. At most what existed before the Soul King was one word where there was no life, death and rebirth. Unless you think that the Soul King is Low 2-C.

Saying there was 'nothingness' before the Soul King is illogical. He was made the Soul King by the Soul Society, and Yhwach is his son so clearly he had to come from somewhere.

Your assumption that Soul King prevents a merger in and of itself is wrong, please support it with scans. He has never been stated to do this.

I have already showed scans. You haven't showed a single evidence for your claims. And now you are giving up on answering my point. Guess you didn't read the first arc of the series.

Do you know why the Quincy were all but wiped out? They were killing too much Hollows. And what did this do, in turn? It disrupted the flow of souls. And what would that cause? It would make the worlds merge. And what does the Soul King do? Administer and control the flow of souls. And what would happen if he was gone? The worlds would begin to merge.

Seriously this is explained so early it's not even funny. You have to actually be trying to ignore context and wank Bleach to ignore all of this.

Do you know why the Quincy were all but wiped out? They were killing too much Hollows. And what did this do, in turn? It disrupted the flow of souls. And what would that cause? It would make the worlds merge.

Again where is that stated. If that was the case Yhwach could have just kept killing hallows in hueco mundo

>Always was Soul King

Always since what? The beginning of the universe? Before that? Is the Soul King Low 2-C? Is Yhwach Low 2-C now too for absorbing the Soul King?

Do you even realize how you destroy your own points by evidencing the ridiculousness of it all.

Bepo4151 said:
Again where is that stated. If that was the case Yhwach could have just kept killing hallows in hueco mundo
It was stated in the first arc of the manga you supposedly love. And in many other arcs.

>_> can I leech on this thread, so maybe someone can see my Potential Yhwach High 6-A Upgrade thread..No?...okay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back