• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cute Animals With Egregious Appetites (Goose vs. SCP-1294) (Voting Completed)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
An old saying goes that looks can be deceiving. The most mundane looking objects can lead to terrible dangers, and dangerous creatures can make themselves appear harmless to their most unsuspecting victims. Such is the case for today's two competitors, both of which have taken the guise of harmless little animals. While one is a dangerous species of alien, the other is a complex colony of fungi, and both have shown themselves capable of consuming prey much larger than themselves. But which of these "animals" will come out the survivor? Today, we find out!

In the blue corner, we have Goose from Captain Marvel, and in the red corner, we have SCP-1294 from the SCP Foundation.

Hugh
GooseH
-This is a fight to the death or incapacitation. Both are in-character.
Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed any outside help.

This fight takes place in the back kitchen of a restaurant, giving neither character the home-court advantage.

-Speed will be unequalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Cat: 0

Fox: 7 (Mickey1940, Jackythejack, Theluki0909, WeeklyBattles, Sayo Yasuda, Jasonsith, Zark2099)

Inconclusive: 0

I mean, the toxins that 1294 breathes out take a bit of time to take effect. It causes its victims to begin hallucinating after about a minute, and they tend to go completely unconscious within five.

why would Goose swallow 1294 from the get-go

It has the appearance of a normal tiny fox, and Goose isn't smart enough to realize that 1294 is the cause of the problems she's experiencing

once she starts hallucinating it would be game over for Goose

Okay, that's fair enough reasoning. I just wanted to be clear on what you were saying.

Mickey1940 said:
It has the appearance of a normal tiny fox, and Goose isn't smart enough to realize that 1294 is the cause of the problems she's experiencing

Maybe because this is a fight to the death and both combatents are aware of each other?

HierophantDeluxe said:
Mickey1940 said:

Maybe because this is a fight to the death and both combatents are aware of each other?
> in-character

> no prep

One, being willing to fight doesn't mean willing to kill, as I made clear in the OP when I said both were "in-character."

And two, if Goose swallows 1294 and essentially BFRs it, its toxins will cease and the victory would actually go to Goose. But that's if Goose would swallow 1294 in-character.

Standard Battle Assumptions. The normal rules for how a versus thread is supposed to play, unless specified by the creator of the post. Which means I get the last say so, within reason.

Otherwise, this match wouldn't have ended as Inconclusive.

One, it is still two wild animals, and as I said, they are still willing to fight, being fully in-character of how they would normally react to the situation. They just aren't bloodlusted.

Second, I have literally never had this problem before, as I usually list the state of mind as "No holds barred," which is my usual way of saying SBA State of Mind. When I say they're in-character, that means they're strictly in-character.

You're misunderstanding, SBA says in-character but willing to kill. As in they still think and act like themselves but for some reason or situation they are willing to kill each other.

In-character does not mean they will not kill each other according to SBA. You're essentially manipulating the rules so that Goose doesn't just eat 1294. If I made this thread and put "SBA, Speed equalized" it would be a unanimous victory for Goose.

Do I literally have to copy/paste the very first thing that it says in the page for SBA?

Fine.

"The following are the assumptions to be made for battles in versus threads, if no alternative assumptions are specified by the thread creator. Assumptions alternative to these ones can be freely used, are equally legitimate, and threads using different assumptions can be added to profiles just like these ones can. Generally, it is preferable that the thread creator specify the assumptions he wants to use in the thread and adjust them in such a way that as fair a fight as possible can take place."

In other words, I'm not manipulating the rules at all. I have every right to change the rules of the battle to suit the present fight.

And as for your example, yes, Goose would absolutely win without question under SBA. However, that's why I changed the battle rules to have the characters be strictly in-character, so SCP-1294 would actually have a chance here. And again, as the SBA page clearly shows, I am fully within my rights to do so.

Regardless of whether or not it allows you to manipulate the rules is irrelevant to the fact that you are still doing so. You're taking away Goose's reason to kill 1294.

Like, it's not even a fight at this point. This is 1294 attempting to kill Goose as he stands there.

What part of they're still willing to fight do you not understand? 1294 is still an odd animal and would trigger red flags for Goose immediately due to its strange behavior. And that's not even considering the fact that it can still attack if it starts hallucinating. There is nothing stopping it from doing so, and several D-Class subjects actively attempted to attack 1294 during testing once they started to hallucinate.

Goose still has an easy win-con, as long as that's what it would do in that situation.

Starter Pack said:
One, being willing to fight doesn't mean willing to kill, as I made clear in the OP when I said both were "in-character."
And two, if Goose swallows 1294 and essentially BFRs it, its toxins will cease and the victory would actually go to Goose. But that's if Goose would swallow 1294 in-character.
If goose touches 1294 with his tentacles, he's going to be directly exposed to 1294's poisons

Thus, even if 1294 is absorbed, Goose will probably die from his toxins before 1294 starves to death in Goose's pocket dimension

That's...not how 1294's toxins work. For all intents and purposes, it's a normal fox, albeit one made out of fungus. The toxins come from its breath, and must be inhaled by its victim in order to be effective. That's why when people are removed from the vicinity of 1294, they end up at least mostly recovering from its effects afterward.

So, even if it'll receive a bit of extra toxins from attacking it and swallowing it, it'll recover barely worse for wear.

Thanks.

We may continue to discuss MCU Captain Marvel movie and Avengers 4 movie here

Back