• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Man Uses Bugs To Fight More Bugs (Dr. Kondraki vs. Rot Grubs) (Voting Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Kondraki yawned, bored out of his mind. He glanced down at his watch and noted that it had been roughly 45 minutes since the small team of SCP agents he had been accompanied by had entered the abandoned Norwegian factory they had been sent to investigate for anomalous activity. The doctor picked up the radio, and keyed the mic, asking for a status update on the situation. When no response came, particularly from a team trained to respond immediately when asked to by a superior, he knew something was off.

Kondraki stood and stretched his arms, beginning his trek towards the building. He patted his satchel, which he had spent his time putting together from the previous day, just in case things went south. Smiling softly to himself, he stepped into the darkened building, Unknowing but aware of the imminent threat that is feasting upon the remains of the rest of his team.

In the blue corner, we have Dr. Kondraki from the SCP Foundation, and in the red corner, we have a swarm of Rot Grubs from Dungeons and Dragons.

scp_dr_kondraki_by_houry_hou-d7mesee.png

rot-grub-png.73705

• Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and Dr. Kondraki had a day of preparation
  • Neither character are allowed any outside help apart from their appropriate swarms
  • This battle takes place in an abandoned factory, giving neither side a real home-field advantage
  • Awakened Rot Grubs are used in this battle
  • Speed is not equalized
With all this being said, let the debate begin!

• King of the Booooterflies: 0
  • Swarm of Vermin: 7 (Tllmbrg, Saikou_the_Lewd_King, Mr._Bambu, JustANormalLemon, Naitodesu, Peppersalt43, Sir_Ovens)
  • Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Rot Grub wins for not having anime art

What rating are we using for Rot Grub?
9-B or 9-A can change quite a lot I reckon so

Say that when you don't like g e n s h i n i m p a c t
It's a love hate relationship in fairness, same way I've treated most weeb shit

Also for sake of the battle, I think the 9-A iteration would be used given SBA demands we take characters at their strongest.

Well then I should probably go over the edges each has

Kondraki:
Superior intelligence by a long shot, like if he came in with knowledge about it I’d say he solos it easily
Superior range for the most part (Guns and grenade can be used further then the Rot Grub’s abilities)
Has fire (This is in D&D an effective method to murder them)
His camera is gonna be really annoying for them to deal with
Better combat speed

Rot Grub:
Enhanced senses more then likely counter Kondraki’s stealth since they don’t really see through sight
Due to their nature as a swarm anything outside the camera and the fire grenade is likely to not cause that much damage overall
Kondraki has no real resistance to their psychic powers
They are a swarm of insects with stealth mastery, since Kondraki isn’t entering with any prior info he could be caught off guard
Superior LS (Not the most relevant)
Superior AP and Durability (Means if they get a hold of him it’s likely game over for him)
Fragrance manipulation just further makes melee encounters with them a death sentence for Kondraki

So in summary this battle mainly depends on if the Rot Grub will manage to sneak to Kondraki and if Kondraki will lob his fire grenade and spam his camera enough to put them down fast enough
I’m more inclined to go with the Rot Grub since they’re competent enough in stealth and are tiny/can crawl from various cracks but I won’t deny that Kondraki has a solid chance at victory too

SMH if you’re gonna be on here at least give an actual opinion on the match old geezer

SMH if you’re gonna be on here at least give an actual opinion on the match old geezer
Maybe I will when I'm no longer at work. Not all of us can be chubby NEETs who watch Matadozo: Reverie of the Potato Goddess all day smh.

You keep Matadozo out of this or I’mma throw down with you father not

You keep Matadozo out of this or I’mma throw down with you father not
This is acceptable. I've done ten pushups for every death in Elden Ring. Post-Malenia Bambu is far too powerful to be reckoned with by the likes of you.

I shall.

Later.

So what stops Kondraki from hiding in the butterfly swarm and chucking incendiary rounds?

Why would that even be his approach here what
How does he get to the conclusion of “Hey let me burn this whole area down”

Also I already mentioned that Rot Grub likely just sees him due to them not relying on sight as is
Also I should mention that even though the Rot Grub are kinda weak to fire it doesn’t mean that random fire kills them, they’re still capable of tanking Burning Hands so

Why wouldn't any rational human being with incendiary grenades throw them at a literal swarm of maggots coming their way?

They’re not even starting face to face as far as I understand
Kondraki is just aware there’s a threat inside the building

Also this is an abandoned factory, I’m doubtful how flammable the area is and in theory they’d have stuff they could use their telekinesis on to just put out the fire with

Why wouldn't any rational human being with incendiary grenades throw them at a literal swarm of maggots coming their way?
Ovens, I'm gonna be real with you chief, I don't think you should have access to any form of weaponry if this is your first thought

Yeah pretty sure the Maggots win this. Kondraki doesn't really have the consistent AP to take them all down, especially the big ones. SCP-388 is essentially one use, and while the Fire could kill them over time, there probably won't be such time. If the Maggots truly can see Kondraki through SCP-408, then they'll just rush him through the fire, probably dig through any protection between them and Kondraki, and then eat him.

Really his only shot at it is spamming the Camera up close due to his higher reaction speed. But I'm not sure that's feasible.

yeah, yeah, I said I would

I'm inclined to agree that the Grubs probably win. Contrary to Ovens' belief, I don't see Kondraki immediately opening up with his most viable strategies here as they don't really make sense as opening moves against a swarm of bugs. I really want to justify his use of something viable, but it's quite hard when most of what he has is simply irrelevant.

I vote for the grubs.

Even trough It dosn't have prior knoladge of the pille of bugs, the doctorhas SCP foundation trainament and has dealt with a bunch of weird SCP's and even his own swarm of bugs would help

what I mean is, a combination of his inteligence and experience with the strange should give him more them enough time to know the better solutio to erradiicate this foe the moment he understand what It Is

and trowing fire every where and use his camera(his to go weapon of choice) is a viable option to erradicate the maggots

aLez5HY.png

Basically its vague from creature to creature, left open to interpretation as to the specific mechanic.
Well, the blur part is what I was looking for

So the mass of butteflyes would probable be seen as a strange blob moving around, what trough would make It quite percivable still would be quite chalenging fight Kowalski, what I think would make up for the magoots advantages just enough to Kowalski win most of the times

Kowalski kekw

Yeah I don't find that too convincing. The butterflies have no reason to deter blindsight given how it works. I'm sticking with the stupid grubs.

...It quite specifically states it ignores effects like blur? Blur being a spell that... well, blurs movement and such. I don't know what you're talking about with the "thisthinkinting shapes" thing.

forget It, the magoots having the stelth advantage still to big of a wincon unless we say that kondraki having a day of preparation is enough to make a maggot bait or just bomb the entire place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back