• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. If it doesn't stop that I'm taking out Spawn, Natalie, Death Phantom, and Lobo. Being slaves to Amon wouldn't really be "them" anymore.

Okay, so did a little digging and SRAs can nullify memetics, which are mind-altering effect, including powerful mind manipulation like those of SCP-2000. Take that how you will

Haven't paid much attention to this thread, but Starforce Mega Man shouldn't be Out by Saggitarius A, seeing as he can survive inside it with absolutely no effort

WeeklyBattles said:
Okay, so did a little digging and SRAs can nullify memetics, which are mind-altering effect, including powerful mind manipulation like those of SCP-2000. Take that how you will
@Weekly

That's so... close. Thing is Amon uses his mind manip to control his Zerg, but he can still possess people in a completely different way. They glow red and are completely taken over by Amon when he uses his possession, something that does not happen with the Zerg under his control.

@Bruce

He survives being in a black hole and then being sub-atomized? How?

@Starry

Telepathy isn't possession though. Since he doesn't directly have it listed I don't think we can act like he does here.

Hmm...what method is that exactly? Mind stuff seems to pretty much just be nulled in general when exposed to SRAs.

WeeklyBattles said:
Hmm...what method is that exactly? Mind stuff seems to pretty much just be nulled in general when exposed to SRAs.
Never really explained in full. He just inserts his consciousness into someone. It is psionic in nature to some degree, since the plot device keystone was able to pull him out of the Protoss, and it operates on psionic principles.

I wonder if Magnus would bother shunting everyone, including himself, into the Warp. It's vaguely in character for him and Ahriman, but I don't know if that could be considered fair.

Reality basically just tears away and becomes the Warp. There's no real proper description or process that is consistently used.

I remember one book mentioning that, in the case of Ahriman, it was as if the Warp surrounded the Materium, which is self contained, and that Ahriman was simply tearing free a piece of the Materium and pushing it into the surrounding Warp.

Hmm...2722 resists space time manip and those anti RW cluster bombs could nullify it

Wait what is he made of?

@Weekly It's gonna need some pretty absurd resistance to actually stop him from doing anything. The guy's punched straight through things that are anathema to his very existence and obliterated devices already made to resist every daemonic hax under the sun. Hindering Magnus' process isn't the same as stopping it, though being in an actual fight with comparable enemies of course slows stuff like this down, since he's focued on combat, as well.

They're made of...a lot. But they're not truly physical beings as we know them when they manifest.

"Though it may appear to be made of normal matter when it materialises in realspace, a Daemon's form is no more physical than it is in the Realm of Chaos." - Codex: Chaos Daemons (8th ed.)

Not directly, but they kinda just take Abaddon and plink him somewhere else if the situation is either completely useless or he's in actual danger, such as in the Eldrad fight.

@Azzy 2722 has been absorbed into a black hole and transported into another reality and came back just fine. How far into 4-B is Magnus again?

So Magnus is in low GigaFOE, Amon is in mid MegaFOE, and 2722 can still instagib anyone here.

@Weekly

Also this could have been Magnus vs 2722 vs Amon and slaves friends if you're little solar system throw didn't null him...

I need to start reading up on this Magnus guy at some point. Some of the shit that's been posted about him in this thread is amazing.

He even shares a nickname with that one High 1-B I keep debating in favor of.

As a side note, why is 2722 destroying an unnamed star system calced as 2722 destroying a star cluster and not something like an actual trinary star system, which is the most common?

Hyades itself contains star systems, iirc.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I need to start reading up on this Magnus guy at some point. Some of the shit that's been posted about him in this thread is amazing.
He even shares a nickname with that one High 1-B I keep debating in favor of.

Easily one of the best Primarchs character wise, as well.

I'll also take this opportunity to shill my blog, which has a brief section on daemon Magnus.

So honestly I think Amon and pals are going to die to these two pretty quickly. He can't possess Magnus since he has resistance and 2722 is just a ship. Should I kill off everyone but Magnus and 2722 and give Amon 3rd place?

@Assalt

Natz does. It's AoE erasure surrounding her (if you reach the singularity where she is)

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
As a side note, why is 2722 destroying an unnamed star system calced as 2722 destroying a star cluster and not something like an actual trinary star system, which is the most common?

Hyades itself contains star systems, iirc.
Oh man. You're absolutely right. A star system can just mean a binary or trinary star system. The Hyades cluster is huge and has systems within itself.

Oh crap I'm the one who approved it... freaking RIP me.

But yeah I didn't know nearly as much about celestial bodies then as I do now. For one I like the first method better, and second using a 10 light year AoE is crazy.

Assaltwaffle said:
Oh man. You're absolutely right. A star system can just mean a binary or trinary star system. The Hyades cluster is huge and has systems within itself.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. IIRC, it has quite a lot gathered just within its central few light years, as well.

why is the surfer dead ? being reduced to sub-atomic particles isn't enought to kill him, he can fight without a body

Overlord775 said:
why is the surfer dead ? being reduced to sub-atomic particles isn't enought to kill him, he can fight without a body
Not according to his profile. Atomic is as low as he can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back