• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4-A Anankos 2: Electric Boogaloo

Okay. If both of you agree, that seems fairly reliable, although it would obviously help with input from Dark649 to be on the safe side.

Okay. I will unsubscribe to this thread now. You can send me a message if you need my help later.

Okay, since Cal and Dark649 are fine with this, I guess the next thing we gotta do is talk about scaling

Fates:

Corrin: At least 7-C, possibly 4-A (Defeated Garon) | At least 7-C, possibly 4-A (Defeated a powered up Garon/Infested Takumi, who oneshotted them with the Blazing/Shadow Yato) | 4-A (Defeated Anankos, who at his full power created a pocket dimension full of stars)

Keys: Blazing/Shadow Yato | Endgame Birthright/Conquest | Omega Yato

Garon: At least 7-C (Current reasoning), possibly 4-A (Anankos felt a considerable gain of power when absorbing him, which allowed Anankos to fight evenly with Corrin after an easy defeat)

Infested Takumi: At least 7-C (Current reasoning), possibly 4-A (Is stronger than Garon)

Awakening:

Grima: 4-A (Is equal to Naga, who is much stronger than Anankos)

Chrom: 4-A (Was granted power equal to Naga and battled Grima)

Robin: 4-A (Killed Grima)

Lucina (Future Past): 4-A (Defeated Grima)

Tiki: 4-A as a Divine Dragon (Is likely stronger than her child self)

Shadow Dragon/Mystery/New Mystery

Marth: 4-A (The Awakening ritual restores Falchion's power, meaning he should be on par with Chrom)

Medeus: 4-A (Fought against Marth)

Tiki: 4-A as a Divine Dragon (Is stronger than Medeus)

Naga: 4-A (Anankos stated that she is much more powerful than he is)

Gaiden/Echoes:

Alm: 4-A (Falchion should be on par to its Archanean counterpart)

Duma: 4-A (Fought Alm with Falchion)

Mila: 4-A (Is equal to Duma, and even clashed with him for "countless seasons" without stopping)

Rudolf: 4-A (Defeated Mila and took a charged energy blast head on)

Genealogy:

Julia: 4-A (Is using Naga's power)

Julius: 4-A (Loptous is equal to Naga)

Other Crusader Weapons: 4-A (Were created to defeat Loptous)

"You have yet to satisfy the burden of proof on your claim that Anankos actually made this realm and have ignored the multiple contradictions this tiering have been explained before."

"Hans is formerly opposes to the upgrade"

And when I provided reasoning, "Hans" (who is totally not a Mik sock by the way) just repeated themselves, they just kept talking about the same point that I already said sucked to begin with

If they got nothing else to say, stop giving the sock a voice already

I didn't ignore it, unlike Mik who ignored everything else

Until something new is said, I'm just going to ignore the sock from now on, and I suggest everyone else does the same honestly

"Lilith did not create the baby dimensions nor the hub area either, both were already there. What indicates that this is a special case and Anankos made this 4-A realm?

"Also, them not being able to go to space is irrelevant to the dragon actually making the realm or not, specially when there is evidence of realms that exist way before entering them, like the baby dimensions. This upgrade is based on a outlier, that no only has no mentions of its existence, but also contradict the plot and even contradict the way the battle is presented since Anankos relies on fighting physically instead of doing anything with said realm not to mention OP blatantly attempted to make the users think the cast was talking about the dimension instead of the dragon's size, which makes the OP a lie." - Hans

Alright, I decided to have a look at this thread.

Basically the reason for 4-A appears to be "Anankos is more powerful inside the dimension so that means that he must have created it."

The problem I have with this is that there's no reason to assume that Anankos created it if that's never stated. So if Anankos is indeed more powerful when inside the dimension, then why wouldn't it be more reasonable to say that the dimension just has some special properties that allows Anankos to draw power from it, acting as some sort of power source? Because that sounds like a more reasonable explanation that requires less assumptions.

That's not it, sorry of I wasn't all that clear

The argument is that Anankos still having power means that it must be his, as Anankos is unable to leave his own territory without losing most of his power

Ok so let me get it straight.

Are you saying Anankos is unable to leave without losing most of his power, but he still has that power after he left?

Then those would contradict each other.

Anankos can't lose his power if he leaves his territory, yet when he actually does leave it he retains that power.

Still don't see why that can't just mean the dimension is his power source rather than something he created.

After all if he gets his power from the dimension, then how would he have been able to create it if in order to have created it, he would have had to have that power before it existed?

The logical conclusion is that this dimension is Anankos' territory too.

Anankos creating the dimension also makes sense, as to assume otherwise would be to say this is just a random dimension that was there for no reason that Anankos could access and not lose his power in despite there being literally nowhere else like that.

I agree that Anankos undoubtedly created his dimension, considering it's literally his dimension. And as for the proposed changes, the descriptions for the Fates profiles are good, but I'll write a bit more elaborate descriptions for Naga and those who scale from her.

I was joking, but I actually thought I'd have a much harder time getting this through

Actually, upon further reflection, remove me from acceptance. Not disagreeing, but I'm sort of in a wavering state rn.

Normally in such a situation it wouldn't really require an explicit statement, right? If it looks like a night sky filled with stars, and there isn't anything to contradict it, there are a lot more assumptions that would go into saying they are not stars then saying that they are stars. This is usually how 4-A feats are treated.

Well this just seems to be such a massive boost to FE in general.

... Then again there's already 2-A Azura so eh.

Either way I'm staying neutral here.

Anankos' feat in question is undoubtedly 4-A, there's a clear starry sky background. And it is Anankos' realm, implying he created it. But the only refute that makes sense would be whether or not it's an outlier. But it is a major plot point of Anankos' power, and the other Tier 6 stuff are very casual and/or state of being "Via Sheer size". Anankos' own 7-B feat is also done extremely casually, so I think there's enough evidence to say it's concrete.

• For Grima, being Naga's rival and being much stronger than Anankos seems fine.
  • For Chrom, I'd say "Wields the Exalted Falchion, a weapon that harnesses Naga's true power and battled Grima."
  • For Robin, I'd say "Is an embodiment of Grima and was destined to be the only one who could permanently destroy Grima, which he succeeded."
  • For Future Past Lucina, mostly similar to Chrom's. "Wields the Exalted Falchion, a weapon that harnesses Naga's true power and defeated Grima."
  • For Marth, I'd say "The Awakening ritual restores Falchion's power, meaning he should be on par with Chrom. Defeated Dark Dragon Medeus.
  • For Tiki, I'd specifically say stronger than Earth Dragon Medeus, as she overall isn't quite as strong as his Dark Dragon form.
  • For Medeus, I'd say "Was the strongest of the Earth Dragons and Naga's rival, fought against Marth." And I would also note his Dark Dragon form is even stronger and that he required the Shield of Seals to be defeated.
  • Naga being far superior to Anankos as well as being the Queen of the Divine Dragons sounds good enough.
  • Duma and Mila should still mention that they fought against Naga but were ultimately defeated in addition to the information given.
Not much else to add on the rest though.

The whole "I would not take its an outlier for reasoning" is rather dumb, its the equivalent of saying that you would not stop stealing because is common sense that is a bad thing and you would not accept it as an answer.

You need to address why its not an outlier that 7-Cs are jumping an entire tier to 4-A.

None of the 7-C characters are scaling from this, only the God Tiers who are currently High 6-B. And it's actually the other way around, it's you need to explain why something's an outlier instead of just, "There's only one feat on the level and it's far above the next best feat". If the low end feats are extremely casual and the high end feats is a God Tiers primary feat, it's legit.

Back