• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4-A Anankos 2: Electric Boogaloo

Corrin is jumping from her previous tier 7 to 4-A, she doesnt even have the High 6-B.

And no, you need to explain why is not an outlier that some of these characters that are massively jumping tiers arent an outlier, like how Goku jumped to 3-A because of a transformation.

Yeah imma have to change my mind and side with Karmod... This is a massive change for a bunch of people who tbh have absolutely nothing for them implying anything above large country level. It's like the only feat when these beings aren't even regarded as even planet level in-verse. And yes, I know several verses are much higher despite being earthbound but at least their cosmology extends to that level. Even their god tiers for FE (the canon ones) aren't above being earthbound or planetary.

Also props to KarmodF for not acknowledging male Corrin. There is only female Corrin.

Only his 7-B key is, and it comes from scaling from Anankos; a Final Boss. Anankos is the one with the 4-A feat and Corrin is the god tier hero of the party scaling. Not his/her base key. And the High 6-B feat is simply Grima being the size of a large country or Medeus being powerful enough to casually bring the Earth to ruin.

The feat is concrete, and it's performed by a god tier. Similar to Saitama having many Tier 9 feats but few Tier 6 feats because he stomped all of the above. Goku's 3-A or Low 2-C comes from him always growing stronger an stronger; that needs complex explanation. It's having an outlier that requires something elaborate instead of just shouting outlier because the feat is too high.

Also Cal, Velezark would like a word with you. As would Alfador.

If a character only has a single casual feat on lower levels, and a much higher feat after a powerup that brings them to much higher levels, that's not an outlier. The term "outlier" is thrown around way too much at these things, when for a feat to be considered an outlier it must break the scaling chain in some way. There is nothing "outlier-ish" about this.

And this is not the only time a power boost has led to such a massively increased tier. Take Nero from DMC5 for example, who jumped from being tier 7 to tier 3/possibly 2 by gaining his Devil Trigger form.

@DarkGrath. My dude, it's an outlier because in the 30 plus years this franchise has existed, there is absolutely nothing else in Fire Emblem as a whole that even approaches tier 5, let alone the upper echelons of tier 4. Not even the cosmology extends that far, being purely earthbound.

There's a couple non-canon people here and there but they're just that. Non-canon.

Actually, there is an outer space that exists, they summon meteors that are outright described as being from outer space. It doesn't take place in some planet sized pocket reality where stars don't exist. Anyway, I was originally neutral with this upgrade, and the Outlier argument does make sense, but the way it was worded was what was weak. Plenty of verses are Tier 2 despite being a medieval fantasy verse that is Earthbound; look at Dragon Quest for example.

Any actually, Fire Emblem Heroes might be more like Dissidia Final Fantasy, it's a canon multiverse, but the characters are vastly different from their original counterparts.

There really aren't that many characters throughout the series who would scale from this, since it is very rare that characters of different games in FE are directly shown to be comparable to eachother.

Yes, it is above what characters in most FE games have pulled off. No, they do not scale or are shown to be comparable to Fates characters in any way. So no, that does not make it an outlier.

@DG. Except it scales to the endgame cast Marth's games, Alm's game, Seliph's game, and Chrom's game.

@DDM. You know what I meant. Obviously the verse isn't some planet sized pocket dimension, that's for certain. What I meant is that the lore has nothing to do with a larger setting. You can't say that for other powerful earthbound verses like Zelda, DMC, GoW, etc. DQ is a bad analogy because the Goddess exists, which is where Low 2-C comes from. Even weaker deities aren't earthbound with Zemus and Corvus.

Ah, I see. I apologise, I didn't realise to scaled to the end-game for Marth, Alm and Chrom. My mind must be a bit frazzled with these Persona revisions recently, my apologies.

Hmm... well, I still think the feat itself is undeniably a 4-A feat. When it comes to the outlier argument though, I'd like to hear JustSomeWeirdo's input here before coming to a conclusion.

Says the one who believes that DMC or GoW exceeding Tier 6 Actually, the lore does have alternate timelines, and Anankos' feat isn't the only pocket reality feat. There's also tribute to various religions and myths. Ashera and Yune also aren't Earthbound either, they're goddesses who existed before the Earth was created.

@DG Actually, Naga is stated to be superior to Anankos and would thus scale to all the god Tiers of Marth's timeline.

There is also quite a lot of headcannon on it, as it could be interpreted that they are scared that somebody obviously more powerful than them has comeback, interpretating the feat like they know he created the realm should be express in the dialogue, yet not a single statement indicates it.

There is also the fact that they could be impress by the vortex or the lack of outside help, if anything the feat is too open and nothing directly indicates that he created the realm.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Says the one who believes that DMC or GoW exceeding Tier 6
you say what m8 I'll fight you on club penguin

Pretty sure the goal Grima had in mind was extinction, not destruction, but sure

It's also likely that Grima barely did any of the fighting himself, as we even see Risen invading in the animated cutscene and in endgame he resorts to summoning an endless wave of risen (Supports from the children also mention Risen several times, such as Owain's father being killed by them)

and Anankos being weaker than Naga means Naga scales, simple as that

at least your sock friend didn't completely repeat themselves this time

"Any feat below 4-A should be a piece of cake for someone stronger than Naga."

"That is the main argument thingy." - Hans

Destructive Capacity =/= Attack Potency. Sephiroth doesn't destroy the Earth despite his blatant 4-B feat. Tengu Shredder also doesn't oneshot the planet, but his 5-A feat is legit.

Please stop using Ad Hominem, to say the least, thanks you.

As for the rest...

"The 4-A feat is still not valid since there is no indication he made it in any capacity, only that he MIGHT get energy from it.

Not to mention that, as I´ve stated before, there have been multiple feats in Fates that involve making portals to other places they themselves have not creation, like the baby dimensions.

The most likely scenario is that anankos simply transported the cast to another one of these deeprealms he himself has not created sonce it is never stated he has"

- Hans

Note that I never said the argument is wrong because it's from a sock

Also, Lilith only has dimensional travel because of the power she obtained from the Astral Dragon Moro, Anankos has no such thing (his main thing as a Silent Dragon is clairvoyance)

It's repetition of what I already said was right on their end, so I chose to ignore it

https://youtu.be/eV15dcVq8HE

(Time stamps - Beginning of fight 0:00 14:07 Anankos dies and the realm is still intact.)

You can see all anakos does is create a portal to the star dimension thingy, and then, the cast comments on how massive the beast is and that they cannot beat it, then after a friendshop monologue, they start fighting.

There is no clear power up that would allow the cast that are considered inferior to the enreaged corrin from the prologue who desteoyed a 8-B to 8-A plaza to 4-A levels.

Notice that nowhere in the entire video, there is a slight implication the realm was made or is being held in place by anankos. (Which is backed up by the realm still existing after anankos is dead)

>b-but omega yato
The rest of the units do not have such power up, and Corin obtained it before the final boss started which makes this even less unlikely since the rest still stated they were no match.

If omega yato had powers clmparable to 4-A, or the cast was talking about the background feat, they would not be that worried.

Also, Corrin himself almost died to Takumi firing at him in the conquest route which is considered only 8-A to 7-C if he is superior to enraged Corrin from the prologue

>B-But he didn´t have omega yato
It is still a upgraded form of yato that was made under the same situations as the omega yato.

There is no indicatiom the upgrades are different or less or more powerful than the others

Also, there is no indication this also bumps Corrin's durability to 4-A levels in the last fight against anankos. Call me Mikoto all you wish, but if you have no evidence of the 4-A feat nor a response to the multiple contradictions and points stated above, it should not be considered valid.

https://youtu.be/T8e3dG2pNIM

(Timestamps: 9:15 Anankos creates the portal/pseudo black hlle to the "4-A" dimension)

- Hans

The cast doesn't really care about the background because they're focused on Anankos. Because Anankos is the one they're about to face. Also comparing a low end feat they did at the very beginning of the game to the final bosses high end feat at the end is super faulty. The destruction of the pocket reality upon death doesn't have to be instant, but it's still Anankos' death that causes it to fade. You even admitted Anankos created the realm that justifies 4-A rating.

And Corrin was far above the party when he got Omega Yato, and even the other End Game Yato's make him far above other party members. The Takumi example is weak because not only did Corrin not have the Omega Yato, but Takumi was enhanced by Anankos. Takumi would be much stronger than 7-C. And it may be another enhanced Yato, but it's still not the strongest Yato, so it wouldn't be comparable to the real Omega Yato.

Yato would still scale to durability via Newton's Third Law much like the Master Sword does enhance the strength and durability of the user.

Takumi and Garon are literally only At least 7-C because we didn't have anything to scale them off of other than casually stomping other 7-Cs and Garon powering a 7-B Anankos (which wouldn't be 7-B anymore) could arguably still be 7-C

Also, no other Yato was made under the same circumstances as the Omega Yato, what are you going on about?

1.-There is no indication the realm was fading...ever in the video. If you have a statement that implies the realm "fading", please post it.

2.-I never said Anankos made the realm, i am saying there is no evidence of anankos making it, and if you argue that it is a 4-A feat by being empowered (citation needed) by the realm, it should be noted on the profile if this gets approved

Ex. At least 7-B (xyz) possibly 4-A (Became empowered by a realm with multiple starts) So it is clearly noted that it is not his own power.

3.-Still does not justify the other party members being able to keep up or damage Anankos, and there is no feat nor statement that clarifies Omega Yato Corrin was astronomically above the rest of the cast nor justifies the jump from Enraged Corrin to 4-A, specially since there is no feat to back it up.

- Hans

Fodder characters damaging Anankos is pure game mechanics and about as much game mechanic Ganondorf's lightning bolts being deflected by a glass bottle, or Final Fantasy protagonists being damaged by fodder goblins, or Link defeating Majora without the Fierce Deity Mask. Corrin wielding Omega Yato is the only one who canonically scales from him.

Repetition and stuff nobody said, cool

Also, party members don't scale, look at literally every Fire Emblem profile and tell me how we have them scale to endgame bosses (Heck, we don't even have anyone scaling to Black Knight who's name isn't Ike)

"While that is indeed true, since even if they were with corrin canonically on the same battlefield against anankos, they could have possibly been busy dealing with the fodder monsters anankos summons on the battle. There is still no clear power up from Regular Yato corrin to the powered up forms, and it still contradicts them being intimidated by Anankos's size.

Regardless, i would indeed concede if it was stated clearly that Anankos was being powered up and empowered by the 4-A realm and not by its own might.

One more thing, there is still no proof Anankos actually made the realm, so, the only plausible scenario for a valid 4-A rating is that he was being powered up by the realm and not actually creating it.

In all other points, i agree to a certain degree."

- Hans

I agree with DDM on that point. It's made as a very clear point in the story just how far beyond anyone else Anankos is compared to the cast (except for Omega Yato Corrin). But in a strategy game, having a final battle where only one single person can hurt the final boss would be ridiculous. It very heavily seems like a case of GC to me.

Bobsican said:
There is still no clear power up from Regular Yato corrin to the powered up forms
"I...I can feel a kind of power coursing through it..."-Corrin upon gaining the Noble Yato

'Your blade... It should be a little stronger now."-Rainbow Sage upon unlocking the Alpha Yato

The Blazing, Shadow, and Omega Yato scenes speak for themselves

DarkGrath said:
I agree with DDM on that point. It's made as a very clear point in the story just how far beyond anyone else Anankos is compared to the cast (except for Omega Yato Corrin). But in a strategy game, having a final battle where only one single person can hurt the final boss would be ridiculous. It very heavily seems like a case of GC to me.
Code:
*laughs in Devil Survivor*

Bump, and also where are we at with this? I kinda tuned out for a while on this thread unfortunately, and reading it back seems like a huge back and forth

I've lost track of who favors what and why

Back