• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Old West Showdown I: Arthur Morgan VS Jonah Hex

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Speed equalized. Battle takes place in a ghost town during the era of the American Frontier. Combatants start out at 50m behind cover.

Otherwise SBA. (No 8-C weapons, because I'm not stupid)

Arthur Morga: 8

Jonah Hex: 1

Inconclusive: 0

Arthur isn't 8-C with anything. Hex is the one with 8-C items, and that's just from a few explosives and futuristic guns he gets on occasion.

I don't see Hex having a counter or anything to help him with Arthur's Deadeye. Plus, this is basically a showdown right? Arthur always uses Deadeye in showdowns. I'm leaning towards Arthur low-diff.

How long does Deadeye last?

Also, I meant to have them start behind cover. Let me fix that.

[Edit] Nevermind, blind, couldn't see speed equalized. Anyway, they're pretty even in all respects, I'm honestly not sure.

Just as a question...

How good is Arthur in CQC? Because Hex is a monster in that area and carries almost as many melee weapons as he does guns. They're only starting out at 50m as well, so the likelihood of close combat isn't small.

Arthur doesn't need to be good in CQC. The second he finds an opening he uses Deadshot, which lasts around 10 seconds max? Insta kill, as he can lay multiple bullets into his head at once with it.

Dead Eye (Ability that slows down time) lasts about 10-15 seconds, but as soon as Arthur uses it, he's going for the kill + Dead eye also allows him to pinpoint vitals, such as when he uses it on his enemy, he can pinpoint their heart or brain and get a direct shot even if he his meters away from them, once pinpointed, he doesn't miss, even if the enemy is moving. Even without Dead Eye, he is decent and close range. He's outwrestled large bears, wolves, trained officers etc and knocked them out

My vote is for Arthur

Also, why is John "on par with Arthur", maybe physically, but it's made clear that Arthur is the better outlaw and strategiest. BTW him knocking out Arthur was a gag, literally anyone in the camp can do that to him if you continue to antagonise them + Arthur was off guard + John was pissed off so he gained some extra power (Cause you know, anger naturally increases a human's power)

WeeklyBattles said:
I fully expect Rex to fight both of these guys
If anyone but us cared about Jonah and Rex, it would have happened already.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Even without Dead Eye, he is decent and close range. He's outwrestled large bears, wolves, trained officers etc and knocked them out
Jonah killed a grizzly with a single punch, believe it or not. He's good enough with a sword to slice bullets out of the air in quick succession (from three separate gunmen), and has beaten his own fair share of lawmen IIRC. He was also relatively fine after getting hit by a truck, so his durability is pretty far up there as far as 9-B is concerned.

Regardless, I'll count your vote for now.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Zenkaibattery1 said:
Even without Dead Eye, he is decent and close range. He's outwrestled large bears, wolves, trained officers etc and knocked them out
Jonah killed a grizzly with a single punch, believe it or not. He's good enough with a sword to slice bullets out of the air in quick succession (from three separate gunmen), and has beaten his own fair share of lawmen IIRC. He was also relatively fine after getting hit by a truck, so his durability is pretty far up there as far as 9-B is concerned.
Regardless, I'll count your vote for now.
This might be true, but in my opinion, it really doesn't matter what their CQC feats are. Arthur can just pull out his shotgun, go Deadeye, and unload all his ******* slugs into Hex's head/heart. Can he defend against that?

Erron Black comes in and stomps both of them

Wait. Arthur might be able to Deadeye Erron to death. He can't survive an assault of bullets to the head, can he?

Erron is leagues above any AP feat Arthur has.

Not that it matters, since Caleb lawnmows all three of them at once.

Last I remember, Arthur doesn't knock out humans, he flat-out kills them. He can do the same with cattle. And Arthur carries just as many weapons as Hex, if I remember correctly. And he also regularly survives horse carriage crashes that send him flying several meters without issue.

That being said, I'll restrain my vote for now. Will vote once anything interesting turns up.

He knocks humans out, actually. I know this because I play very dirty. I'll knock someone out. THEN, later I stab them. And my reputation goes down. Meaning, humans are not dead, but he can knock out some people in ONE PUNCH.

I've played the game a lot and they outright die. I was doing a mission with a gun and Arthur just kicked them in the face and they died instantly. He can do the same with cattle. You even get wanted for it.

Then again he can crush necks with grip strength alone so it won't matter.

Knocking out characters on missions counts as death, as characters can never really wake up unless you leave them for a day. So, truly, ARTHUR'S PUNCHES KNOCK PEOPLE OUT COLD FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS.

This is becoming a stomp...

He can beat animals to death tho.

And if he keeps beating humans as in stomping on them, they'll die, and the murder sign shows up.

TitanCrusher101 said:
Knocking out characters on missions counts as death, as characters can never really wake up unless you leave them for a day. So, truly, ARTHUR'S PUNCHES KNOCK PEOPLE OUT COLD FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS.
This is becoming a stomp...
That sounds like Game Mechanics.

KLOL506 said:
He can beat animals to death tho.
At the most he can kick huge rodents to death in one kick.

(Which is still VERY impressive for a human)

Also, Alligators somewhat flinch if you kick them offguard, which is INSANE.

Anywho, Arthur wins, try to prove me wrong. I'll be back in a bit and read the arguments.

It's fine, but my point here is, Arthur takes this low diff, unless possibly close range gets him. Prove me wrong!

(I'm a borderline expert on his character btw)

I wouldn't say HIT by a train full impact, but yeah, I've survived getting run over by the sides of a train before, still pretty impressive. BUT, Jonah has blades, so I kinda think he'll get him at close range, I STILL SAY ARTHUR WINS EASILY.

Arthur snipes him with Deadeye before it even gets into Close Range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back