• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Carter VS Jonah Hex

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
This one's a real thematic matchup. Both were alive during the Civil War era, are exceptionally skilled swordsmen, have experience using both antiquated and futuristic weapons, and are considered the most dangerous men in their respective places of residence.

One's a gentleman. The other's a rogue.

Rules

• Random encounter.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Anything above 9-B is restricted. Carter gets his Martian sword and a couple of Green Martian rifles. Hex gets his Tomahawk, Bowie knife and whatever standard (non-futuristic) firearms he usually carries.
  • Battle takes place here.
  • Winner by death or incapacitation.
Vote Count

• John Carter: 0
  • Jonah Hex: 1 (Elgb33)
  • Inconclusive: 3 (Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97, Crazylatin77, DivineTedrius)

ooh, this is a good one. Hmmmmm. If speed wasn't Equalized, Carter would get blitzed, but I would actually probably say inconclusive. Jonah has the advantage in ranged combat, but Carter has the advantage in melee, so it really just depends on what approach is taken.

I'll count that for now.

Don't sleep on Jonah in melee, though. Guy's skilled enough to cut through bullets with a sword, and he can kill animals like grizzly bears in one punch. He's also pretty insane with a Tomahawk.

Also, how likely is Carter to go for melee over ranged attacks? He does have Martian firearms in this fight, so it's not like he'll be defenseless at a distance.

Carter vastly prefers melee combat, and tends to only use firearms when he can't close the distance between him and the opponent.

In fact, his insane headshot from miles away is literally his only recorded instance of using firearms

We're assuming he has his powers in this fight, obviously. Otherwise, he can't have a single match without SBA screwing him over.

Anywho, I'll count that as another vote for inconclusive.

This is a tough one. Jonah was no slouch when it comes to melee combat but John Carter is a whole nother beast. The guy can take out large monsters with ease while the best that Jonah can do is put up a decent fight against a roided up Mr. Hyde (and he got a broken leg for that).

But when it comes to ranged weapons though I gotta give it to Jonah. He can either snipe John Carter from afar without knowing or outdraw him with his pistols from mid range (guy's even outgunned Batman).

So that's one point for John and another for Jonah. In the end though, it all boils down to intellect, and I see Jonah being the smarter of the two. Carter is a capable leader and planner but Jonah was like the Batman of the Old West. If he can't outfight stronger and meander foes, he can always resort to his brains. This is a gunslinger that's even outmaneuvered the infamous Vandal Savage once.

So my vote goes to jonah hex.

I believe that marks Hex's first vote. Solid reasoning, also.

Score is now 0:1:3

Back