• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(3-4-0) Sans vs Vanilla Ice

hmm, Already adressed.
He can’t kill him while in the void, even when peeking out, unless he can aim perfectly before he can react.

He doesn’t have any major feats of precision, he really just throws a ton of stuff at you, until you get hit.
Since he has to hit a small spot (in the mouth) with a small window (before he can react.) he ain’t hitting him.

huh. i was gonna ask if san's can attack cream but then i realized that not how soul hax works...well on stands anyway. ight then

voting ice ice baby

The question is... will he even be able to get himself Eaten? Sans is going to be repeatedly shifting Gravity, while simultaneously swarming VI with his Bones and Gaster Blasters. VI is going to be a double target until he eats himself, which will be difficult to do while Gravity is increased on you, you’re being surrounded by Lasers and Bones are coming up through the ground to hit you. VI may have Type 2 Immortality (I think?) and Regen, but since their attacks also attack the SOUL (and I don’t think VI can Regen the Soul) it won’t do much to protect him. Speed is equal, but he has to go through a complicated process while constantly being Ragdolled and attacked.

And even if VI gets himself eaten, it may not do very good. As previously established, this is an open area, meaning he’ll be shooting blind. While the Bones and Blasters May go into the Cream Dimension when they collide with the Void area thingy, he’ll be throwing a lot of them. I’d like to note that a single notably small Laser is about the size of Frisks SOUL, Frisk’s SOUL is about 1/3rd of Frisk’s Height and the first Lasers that Sans throws out are at least 4x the size of Frisks SOUL. Calculated heights for Frisk average at about 4’10”, meaning that Lasers size ranges from about 1.6 feet wide to about 8 feet wide. From a google search, another Wiki tells me that VI’s height is about 6’ tall. That means the smallest possible Laser we see ranges from Larger than VI’s Head to larger than VI’s whole body, and there will be multiple of those coming at him. A small Bone is about the size of Frisks SOUL, slightly larger, meaning it’s also somewhere around 1.6’ long.
As for precision, that’s easy- Sans constantly targets a small child (4’10”)’s SOUL, which is about 1/3rd of its size (1.6 feet, not exact.) who consistently dodges multiple Danmaku spams throughout the course of the game. To be clear, Sans stands at about 4’5” according to a google search, meaning he targets something 1/3rd his size and consistently hits his targets, and at least tags them several times throughout the entire fight.

And that crap above? That’s a lowball I believe. I dont have the time to perform exact calculations so I’m using a combination of Google Search, Calculators and other Wikis to help me. It could very well be larger, and also potentially smaller but I don’t think that’s likely.
Sans also isn't afraid to repeatedly Teleport his enemies to where he can hit them. In the last move of the fight, he restrains Frisk by consistently Teleporting them into the same place over and over again. Throughout the course of the fight, he’ll consistently teleport you into attacks that are impossible to dodge for the Player, only teleporting them out via Game Mechanics/PIS. He’s perfectly happy with constantly dodging and spamming his Range.

Tl;dr Sans likes teleporting his enemies into impossible-to-dodge attacks, will be repeatedly shifting gravity making it hard for Cream to eat himself and Lasers are larger than his head and will be surrounding Cream, meaning it’s very likely he’ll get hit should he poke his head out.

Last edited:
Changing Gravity isn’t a big deal, all he has to do is climb into his stand (can sans even see Cream?) then it just eats itself. That isn’t that hard even when being dragged about (a lot slower then against frisk too since one is a small child and the other an giant of a man and larger ghost. Sans can’t really hurt his stand since it is 8-C.

I mean even though it hits the soul, it is just via large numbers rather then good aim, since the area is far larger, his bones would likely be more spread out and easier to avoid and unlike frisk, VI will be able to hide back in, making himself invincible. So san’s aim isn’t as impressive as you say, he just has big numbers.

Any evidence for him being able to teleport a void?

A: Changing the Gravity is a very big deal. VI hasn’t dealt with such a power before- and combined with Sans’ Telekinesis, he’s going to be throwing around VI and Cream a lot. That’s going to make it difficult, as VI first has to get inside of Cream, then Cream has to stuff its legs in its mouth, eat them, stuff it’s arms in, eat them, then, and only when it reaches the head, Will it be able to create the Void. And even then it’ll still have to peek out every now and then. (Also yes, Sans should be able to both see and injure Cream. KARMA ignores durability and almost everyone in the verse can both see and interact with the SOUL, meaning he should be able to interact with Cream.)

B: Big Numbers and very large Area of Effect. Even if VI gets in the bubble, the instant he peaks out he’ll have to deal with the Danmaku swarm headed at him. Big Numbers of Attacks combined with consistently tagging something slightly above 1/3rd his size, combined with a large AoE (His biggest Lasers are larger than VI and Cream by 1.75x) which also surrounds VI means he’s very likely to get hit.

C: No evidence for him being able to teleport a Void (as far as I recall), but he can teleport VI. VI himself is not a Void, he’s just contained inside of it- he’s not actually in the dimension, he’s just inside Cream, as shown by how he can peak himself out of his Cream Bubble. In fact, I’m sort of wondering what happens if he Telekinesis Slams Cream, while Cream is surrounded by the Cream Bubble; would he get hit by the Cream Bubble? Would nothing happen? Lol, fun to imagine.

A Not really, he just has to grab its mouth and jump in, since he can control where it is, getting a foothold isn’t hard even under TK. From there it can eat it self with ease since Gravity isn’t gonna effect Cream’s self consumption.

B Literally nothing about my response has to change, He will only peak out for a small time, so the chances of any of san’s Danmaku being shot directly into his face (Sans won’t even know where that is while he is in void mode.) at the right time so VI can’t just jump back in, is Astronomically low.
Sans will have to
Keep track of the invincible void
Properly time the shot without even knowing when Cream will open his mouth.
Aim perfectly at his face without missing.
Even with a ton of Danmaku, that isn’t happening. Especially in such a wide open area.

Cream is the void, so no. He is literally eating itself inside out, and his insides are the void.

A: Getting a foothold will be difficult... as the first thing Sans does is change gravity to increase (since Frisk isn’t actually flying and the SOUL goes down, I think it’s safe to say it makes you... fall down on your back or something? I’m honestly not sure how that works, lol.), then make gravity normal. He can also make Gravity sideways, which is extremely dangerous in an open area, and iirc even swap gravity, forcing Cream to go upwards. Safe to say all of that will make it difficult to get a foothold, especially if Sans flings Cream around or makes Gravity reversed or something. (I forget, can Cream fly while in the Cream Bubble, or is he bound by Gravity still? I don’t recall, but it could change the nature of the fight.)

B: Except Sans will commonly surround the opponent. Multiple attacks have Sans create large circles around the opponent with his Lasers or completely envelop the enemy with Bones. This takes pressure off of aiming and simply makes the attack a matter of time. Heck, even in the first attack he surrounds you on both sides with some of the largest Lasers he can conjure. It’s very likely that the instant VI opens up, there will be an attack waiting for him out there to blast him in the face.

C: Quick question- how does that work? If his insides were the entire dimension wouldn’t the entire dimension come out? But that clearly doesn’t happen... and he doesn’t eat himself entirely, looking back he keeps his arms out meaning at least some part of him isn’t in the Void. And if Cream isn’t entirely in the Void neither is VI.... stands are confusing, lol.

A Cream can float.
Also getting a foothold isn’t as hard as you make it since Cream would be helping him. He could grab it for leverage and enter from there or have Cream assist in pulling him in.

B That is only enough for the 2-D space you fight him in game. so like 7-12. That isn’t enough to blindly hit Cream, and position it where his face is (he won’t know where it is.) especially considering he has to time it so VI can’t react. He can’t just leave them there since Cream would ram past him too.

C the inside is the void, not really the dimension itself.

A: Except for the fact that Sans can also mess with Creams gravity. With his Telekinesis he can throw enemies around, and that should also apply to Cream, as he affects the SOUL, which a Stand is a representation of. It’d be difficult for VI to get a foothold if Sans is slamming him into the ground. In addition, while he’s trying to get a foothold (under increased gravity no less), Sans is spamming his Bone attacks from underneath VI which means VI risks getting hit, especially so if he’s taking the time to get inside his Stand instead of trying to dodge Sans’ attacks. Which also means KARMA takes place, bla bla bla, you get the gist. In short, Cream and VI will be restrained and attacked at the same time from below them, meaning if he’s taking the time to eat himself, he’s going to get hit.
Note that VI has no experience dodging Danmaku, and no experience escaping from Telekinesis or Gravity changes, meaning he’s going in blind.

B: Except the 2-D space we see in the game is merely a 2-D representation of a 3-D Area. So when he surrounds Frisk with attacks is in the 2-D View we have, he’s likely also surrounding them in a 3-D way. We know it’s merely a 3-D representation because SOUL attacks affect the Body, which is not 2-D, meaning this has to be just a 2-D representation of what’s happening.

C: Well, if his arms are hanging out (out being outside of his mouth, not outside the Cream Bubble), clearly he’s not entirely Inside-Out. Which also means VI isn’t completely in the Cream Dimension. Which also makes sense with how he can easily create small gaps to peek out of, which wouldn’t make sense if he were in an entirely different dimension. Not entirely sure how that works however.

Wait could Sans even see Cream?
Yes. Pretty much every Monster in Undertale can interact and see ones SOUL. In fact, Monsters in particular can Absorb the SOUL. Before anyone points out how he doesn’t have Extrasensory Perception on the profile, note that he does have NPI, which states That ‘Users can both see and interact with Intangible... objects.’, which means that he doesn’t really need that as he already has something covering it on his Profile.

Aren't stands like doubly invisible and intangible?
Yes. And? A SOUL is too. After all, a SOUL is a Soul, characters don’t acknowledge the SOUL (and we never see it) unless in a fight, or unless it lasts beyond death like those of the Fallen Children. We also don’t see a SOUL out in the open that isn’t ours unless we kill a Boss Monster, revealing their SOUL, or get to the ending of the neutral/pacifist route. This implies that it is also Invisible. It’s worthy to note that Napstablook, who’s a ghost, can also fade away and go invisible, and characters such as Mettaton and other Monsters acknowledge his presence, but I’m not really sure how it works as I can’t recall at the moment.

I’d also like to question- why wouldn’t Sans be able to teleport the Cream Bubble? It’s not like the Cream Bubble is an entire dimension. It’s not like the Cream Bubble is Intangible like a dimension either- clearly, by the way it shreds through things, it’s interacting with them and sending them to the Void. If the argument is that the Cream Bubble isn’t tangible, it’s clear that Magic can affect non-tangible things, such as how Napstablooks Magic was able to harm Mad Dummy, who isn’t tangible enough to harm. It’s not like the Cream Bubble is too large- it’s not even 2x Sans’ Size, let alone Frisk’s, and seems to be smaller than his own attacks, which he can teleport.

VI wins quite easily: He can one-shot while being impervious to damage, pretty straightforward, it would probably go like this: Sans tries to gravity manip and Danmaku Vanilla Ice, who goes inside Cream, and while Sans is wondering what the **** just happened he gets swallowed and killed, also it wouldn't even matter if Sans can teleport or gravity manip the cream bubble (which he can't, it's literally a ball of nothingness) he wouldn't be able to see the Cream sphere even if he could see Cream (which he can't, ghosts can't see stands, undertale souls were never stated to be invisible and even if they were Stands and souls are different things)

Except VI doesn’t start inside Cream. He first has to summon Cream (which is Thought Based, but so is the Gravity Manip), then get inside of Cream (Either via jumping inside or crawling inside) during which both he’ll not only be flung around like a ragdoll but also Danmaku spammed (therefore making it even harder). Then, he has to have Cream eat it’s legs (while still being constantly attacked, note KARMA is really going to be troublesome if even one hit lands), then actually land a hit, against a character with very good Dodging skills, in an open area, while shooting blind.
In addition, since when is the Cream Bubble literal nothingness? Isn’t it just sort of like a gateway to the weird Void Dimension? Cream doesn’t even turn itself completely inside out, it leaves its arms out while creating the bubble meaning at least one part of Cream is still there.
Also, excuse me, what? 2 Stands literally die from the Ghost Grabby Hands (KQ and Cheap Trick, last time I checked), and a Stand is literal a ‘Representation of your Fighting Spirit’ or ‘Representation of your Soul’, which explains why Silver Chariot Requiems weird Soul-Body Swap brings your Stand along with it. Heck, characters with 2 Souls get 2 Stands (Doppio) and Stands that target a Soul normally target a Stand (Black Sabbath), so they’re clearly interchangeable.

I think it’s worthy to note that, even if one Bone hits VI for a few seconds, that’s a lot of KARMA damage, probably to the point where it’d kill a very high-level Player, let alone multiple, let alone several Lasers, let alone Sans’ Teleport Attacks as well.

Edit: Honestly even if Sans couldn’t see the Stand he could certainly harm it via his Magic. What stops him from catching it in the Crossfires while he leads with his strongest move, Bones + Gravity + The largest Lasers he can conjure, all of which deal massive KARMA?
(Also Sans has Extrasensory Perception for being able to read The Players LOVE and EXP as well as attack the Fighting Menu, not sure whether that means anything though.)

Last edited:
Gravity Manip isn't thought based, Sans has to move his arm downwards. Also, Sans' first move is his "strongest attack", in which he doesn't ragdoll but rather uses gravity manip once and then danmaku, and VI's first move is going inside his stand- keep in mind not even Silver Chariot could attack Vanilla Ice before he entered the void dimension, that's how fast he could go inside the void dimension, even if speed is equalized, when Sans' uses his gravity manip VI would already be at least partially inside Cream, also Sans' dodging skills aren't anything special, especially against an invisible foe.
Cream's bubble is a gateway yeah, but Sans has never shown to be able to affect interdimensional gateways, keep in mind he wouldn't even see it to begin with.
When I said stands aren't souls I meant JoJo Stands and Undertale Souls are different things, just because Sans can affect the player's soul doesn't mean he would affect Cream, not that it matters anyway since he wouldn't even hit Vanilla before he gets Creamed, seriously, doesn't matter how much danmaku he has, unless he can summon bones inside Vanilla he's screwed. And any attempt to define stands as one thing might as well be thrown out the window, they've been defined as representation of your soul yeah, but they've also been defined as a virus and could be biologically reproduced by Giorno with the turtle.

The Gravity Manip is Thought-Based. Sans has to move his Arm to throw you around. Throughout the fight he casually turns you Blue without doing so, he moves his arm to Ragdoll you which is literally part of his opening move. Look here- ‘Ready? Here we go.’ He then proceeds to turn you Blue, Slam you onto the ground via Telekinesis, and then Danmaku Spam. Speed’s equalized, so that ‘Silver Chariot couldn’t attack him before he did it’ thing is moot, they’re at the same speed here So it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a whole process he has to do beforehand. When Gravity Manip is thought Based and Ragdolling is with a wave of his arm, vs the process of Summoning his stand, crawling into its mouth, then having Cream eat its legs, one should be obviously a quicker process.

Thought so. Anyway, about that Seeing things:

A SOUL is a Soul, a Stand is a Soul, verse Equalization = Sans sees Souls = Sans sees stands. Even if Sans can’t see Cream he can certainly still harm him, as well- very blatantly, Magic is shown to harm intangible beings such as the Mad Dummy that the Player can’t even attack, that was the point of the entire battle.

Stand definition is actually very simple for parts 3-6, they’re Manifestations of Life Energy caused by an Alien Virus, we get explained the first part in Part 3 and get shown the latter in part 4/5 iirc. In addition, that whole Virus thing with the Turtle needs more context, Coco Jumbo specifically had his Stand since Birth and was Born with the Stand if I recall correctly, which is the only reason Giorno could replicate it via his Stand. Had it been any other character or any other Stand he couldn’t have done it, but Coco Jumbo was specifically a Turtle (something he could create) with a Birth-Made Stand (Therefore something that can be carried over to a copy) which Giorno had cells of literally for that purpose.

A SOUL is a Soul, a Stand is a Soul, verse Equalization = Sans sees Souls = Sans sees stands. Even if Sans can’t see Cream he can certainly still harm him, as well- very blatantly, Magic is shown to harm intangible beings such as the Mad Dummy that the Player can’t even attack, that was the point of the entire battle.
In Part Five it's stated Stands are manifestations of the mind as well, Stands are also stated to be manifestations of people's fighting spirits not the soul itself.

The gravity manip isn’t gonna do anything honestly, it doesn’t prevent VI from jumping in the cream-sickle.

In Part Five it's stated Stands are manifestations of the mind as well, Stands are also stated to be manifestations of people's fighting spirits not the soul itself.
Also in Part 5 we literally see several occasions of Stands and Souls being interchangeable, I.e characters that Target Souls instead target Stands if someone has one, or characters with 2 Souls having 2 Stands. SOULs are also a ‘Representation of your Deepest Essence’ or a ‘Culmination of your Very Being’, even if they weren’t interchangeable they’re still similar enough because of the explanations given.
The gravity manip isn’t gonna do anything honestly, it doesn’t prevent VI from jumping in the cream-sickle.
It makes it harder to dodge attacks (especially if both VI and Cream are on the ground), combined with Ragdolling and Danmaku Spam making it even harder.

It's not like Sans' gravity manip prevents him from moving, he can still go inside Cream when Sans does it and then it's gg.

Sans literally leads with Gravity Manip + Ragdoll + Danmaku, VI won’t be a Cream Bubble immediately as he has to finish the Eating Process first. The Gravity Manip + Ragdoll will make it harder for VI to even get in Cream and the Danmaku Soulhax makes Cream a double-target- things that can hit VI will also hit Cream, doubling the chances of getting hit.

So btw you guys are all arguing using VI’s starting move when he’s bloodlusted, what stops him from shooting Water out his eyes as New Vampires can replicate it immediately which is much shorter, far longer ranged and easier to land as he can move his head and make its a Slashing attack

Reread the Bloodlust page
You recognize the crossed-out thing was a argument for Cream, right? I know what Bloodlusting does, it frees the character from CIS and use their abilities to the best of their ability. I was jokingly pointing out how you guys are ignoring that he’s Bloodlusted and there’s probably someone better he can do to win, lol.

Although the Space Ripper Stingy Eyes are an easy guarantee victory Vanilla Ice was never shown to know that ability or even know that he's a vampire so yeah, he's not using it. Sans' Gravity manip doesn't prevent his opponent from moving, which would mean VI can still go inside Cream while being ragdolled, what I'm trying to say is this: Sans can't really prevent VI from entering Cream, and once he enters Cream, the battle is over.

The Gravity Manip makes it harder (Harder to jump, harder to move around in general). Ragdolling will slam VI into the ground as he’s trying to get inside and Danmaku will hit both Cream and VI combined with KARMA rapidly poisoning them should even a single attack hit. It doesn’t make it impossible to move, but it makes the process a whole lot harder while Sans is repeatedly blasting and attacking VI with Soul-Poisoning attacks.

He isn’t jumping, he would crawl and push himself in. That isn’t gonna be much harder then without it.

Back